Oregon Baseball Uniforms

BamaHater

What? The pinstripes are printed lyrics????? I feel like crying and punching my computer.

Ok, so both the Grays are fine. I am guessing the pullover vest is just a BP jersey and will barely be used in games. The Big O jersey actually looks pretty sweet, but the hat logo and pants logo kill it. When the O is that big you only need one. The other Green jersey looks horrible with the mismatching script color. The White jerseys actually look great IMO. The script looks good, and may look out of place, but teams like the Twins do the same thing. I like them. I think if they use certain parts in moderation they will look fine on the field. The problem will come when they wear different combos of different uniforms. Gray hat, Yellow undershirt, White vest, Gray pants, what look like Black socks...Green & Yellow hat, long sleeve Green undershirts, Big O jersey, White Pants, Black socks(ok, they are probably Green)...imagine the possibilities, and puke.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minus the Huge "O" jersey, I think these look phenomenal. I love the modern touches and colored panels. I think it's about time some injected a little life in to baseball jerseys. Don't get me wrong, I like traditional looking baseball jersey, but I also think they need to progress a little from the same old piping and striping you see on all jerseys.

Another note, the Ducks script is wonderful and matches the jerseys modern flare.

What? The pinstripes are printed lyrics????? I feel like crying and punching my computer.

3006896678_bd991a17c3_o.png

Oregon, our Alma Mater,

We will guard thee on and on,

Let us gather 'round and cheer her,

Chant her glory, Oregon!

For the praises of her warriors,

Sing the story, Oregon,

On to vict'ry urge the heroes

Of our Mighty Or-e-gon!

Also interesting is the "pinstripes" are actually printed lyrics to the Oregon fight song.

Now that is cool. I slept on these uniforms and I absolutely love them. If any sport needs a good shakeup to make uniforms less boring it's baseball. In football we've seen so many teams trying to "push the button" recently that "push the button" has lost its meaning. Baseball hasn't had crazy uniforms anywhere since pullovers went out of style.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Also interesting is the "pinstripes" are actually printed lyrics to the Oregon fight song.

Now that is cool. I slept on these uniforms and I absolutely love them. If any sport needs a good shakeup to make uniforms less boring it's baseball. In football we've seen so many teams trying to "push the button" recently that "push the button" has lost its meaning. Baseball hasn't had crazy uniforms anywhere since pullovers went out of style.

That was my favorite part. Personally I love details like that. Found design. Very cool.

They stole my idea for the O jersey!

unitybaseball.jpg

Ok...so I don't think I posted it on here or anything but I created that file in 2004! I was a bit ahead of the curve! :D

i hate my alma mater.

You do for many reasons, but you shouldn't for these. These jerseys - minus the "Big O," which just looks like somebody grabbed a t-shirt from the bookstore - combine what Oregon's wanted to do SO MUCH better than the football jerseys have. The Ducks script is modern but inspired by tradition, the pin-striping looks good from afar but is something only Oregon could really pull off, and the mix-and-match vests and undershirts will give them flexibility. I like the green uni too, I think it will look MUCH better on the field than in these shots.

Also I don't know who the :censored: took those photos for the athletic department but they need to get some better lighting. They're grainy as hell and the lighting sucks. I'm sure once somebody takes a decent picture of those uniforms out on in the sunlight they'll look much better.

I'm still super miffed that Pat Kilkenny named the field after himself, but that's another topic for another time. I'm fine with these unis.

harperdc.gif

3006896678_bd991a17c3_o.png

Oregon, our Alma Mater,

We will guard thee on and on,

Let us gather 'round and cheer her,

Chant her glory, Oregon!

For the praises of her warriors,

Sing the story, Oregon,

On to vict'ry urge the heroes

Of our Mighty Or-e-gon!

Thats actually a pretty cool idea.

The execution ain't bad either.

Hey love 'em or hate 'em, there's one thing that they definitely are not: boring. At least they keep us talking. Thanks Oregon!

If I had "designed" those uniforms, I'd either be:

1) ashamed to cash the check, or

2) laughing my ass off at the fools who thought their team would look good in this garbage.

Awful.

I do like the green over yellow script on the second green jersey.

But that's the only thing I like about this set.

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but when I heard my Ducks were gonna unveil their baseball jerseys all I hoped for was NO VESTS!!!! No such luck.

I also don't like the new script. I don't mind the idea of having a baseball-specific script, but this is just ugly, imo.

Cool pinstripes/lyrics, love the attention to detail.

If our football or basketball team wore something this ugly, I'd be pretty pissed. But baseball? Could really care less....

I'm definitely gettin myself a hat though, maybe the gray one when I see what it looks like.

Archived