What's Your Favorite/Least Favorite NFL Helmet?

TC

1. Eagles

2. Bengals

3. Rams

4. Vikings

5. Chargers

6. Browns

7. Seahawks

8. Steelers

9. Cardinals

10. Falcons (Although I liked the old helmet better)

11. Lions

12. Raiders

13. Saints

14 Chiefs

15. Buccaneers

16.Packers

17. Bears

18. Cowboys

19. Dolphins

20. Redskins

21. Colts

22. Patriots

23. Jets

24. Texans

25. 49ers

26. Giants ( I like the Giants script helmet)

27. Jaguars

28. Bills

29. Panthers

30. Titans

31. Ravens

32. Broncos

I do really like those teams that have classically identifiable helmets that don't use the primary logo.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favorites:

I like to keep it fairly simple so most of my faves include the Colts, Browns and Bears although I like the Chargers a LOT and don't care much for the Rams.

Least Favorite:

Jaguars by far. I've always hated their helmets and I hate the unused prototype even more. I don't know why but I also really don't care for the Titans or Ravens and that might have to do with the trailing point but then why don't I hate the Vikings or Patriots?

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Heh, if I had to pick one and only one as my favorite NFL helmet, it may very well be one no longer in use...the Houston Oilers helmet. (The white ones.)

If I had to pick one currently in use, it'd be a toss-up between the Bengals and the Eagles. Unlike the other Ohio NFL team's helmet, the Bengals' helmet design pretty much IS their logo. (Well, the Browns' helmet is their logo, too, since a picture of their helmet often serves as a logo on some of their merchandise... <_< ) But really...I've always liked the tiger stripes. most unique helmet in the league. With the Eagles, whoever came up with the idea to put wings on their helmets way back in the day hit upon a stroke of genious. Love it, love it, love it.

HONORABLE MENTION: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for the way that red battle flag just pops--no, JUMPS--off that drab cannonball gray helmet.

As for the ones I despise the most? The one I despise the most is easily the Baltimore Ravens. I've never liked their helmets--not when they first came out, not now. Much of it has to do with the helmet logo. Why stick a "B" in that Bird's head? That's just completely unnecessary. To add to that, I ain't never in my life seen a raven with a WHITE beak. I know it's just a logo, but I just can't get with that. Right behind that in my detest category is the Carolina Panthers. I know it was for legibility reasons--or at least, that's what one would think--but that silver helmet just ain't doing it for me, and hasn't done it since they were first introduced. I just can't get with a team called the "Panthers" having a silver helmet. But it's those helmet stripes that do it for me--or rather, that are my main source of ire outside the color of the dome. Just ain't working.

(DIS)HONORABLE MENTION: Buffalo Bills. Kill the overstriping, already!!! Right behind them...the Browns. Self-explanatory.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

HONORABLE MENTION: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for the way that red battle flag just pops--no, JUMPS--off that drab cannonball gray helmet.

That color is "Pewter" by the way.

And just an addendum to my earlier post. I only listed helmets that are currently in use. My all-time favorites are the OJ Simpson era Bills helmets, and the Chargers throwbacks with the numbers on the sides.

EDIT: A quick GIS showed that OJ wore a couple of different helmets. I was referring to these:

O_J_SIMPSON_Photo2_MID.jpg

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

That color is "Pewter" by the way.

That's pretty common knowledge around here--especially for possibly the boards' biggest Buccaneer fan here. That's why I used more descriptive language in describing it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That's pretty common knowledge around here--especially for possibly the boards' biggest Buccaneer fan here. That's why I used more descriptive language in describing it.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I still hear people in the real world asking what color it is, or what it is supposed to represent. I should have known that members of this board would know already.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

I'm sorry if I offended you. I still hear people in the real world asking what color it is, or what it is supposed to represent. I should have known that members of this board would know already.

Pewter is the best color is sports. I am right or am I right?

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Pewter is the best color is sports. I am right or am I right?

No. You're wrong actually. We all know that adding Black to your uniform is the best color in sports. Just ask the Eagles, Lions, and Mets.

BB52Big.jpg

Favorite AFC = p3630138reg.jpg Least Favorite AFC = baltimore-ravens-authentic-pro-line-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

Favorite NFC = Seattle-Seahawks-Helmet.jpg Least Favorite NFC = san-francisco-49ers-authentic-pro-line-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

But the worst helmet in the NFL has to go to my favorite team = Cleveland-Browns-Helmet.jpg

I hate to admit it, but it is about time to put something on the helmet, heck, if for any reason, it may bring us some luck.

spacer.png

:cursing: Id say top 5 no order: Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Bengals

Bottom 5 no order: Titans, Falcons(old red hemlet ant black falcon was one of my favorites), Bills, (due to too much color) Chargers (white would be ok if the helmet had numbers on it and facemask was gray) Lions (black needs to go!)

The Browns helmet is obviously the worst. The colors are terrible, for one, and there's not even a logo on it.

The Redskins sucks. Not because there's an Indian on it, but because it's an ugly color and the logo's no good.

The Chiefs is pretty awful. That bright, clownish red is awful, and the logo is lame. There's not even any yellow included.

The Jets is no good either. I liked the green ones, but the white ones are bland, and the logo is crap.

Buffalo's is pretty bad. It needs to be simplified a bit (so does the entire uniform set).

I don't like Miami's either, but there's only so much you can do with a team named Dolphins that wears teal and orange.

I'm a Lions fan, but I've never liked their helmet logo. It doesn't look right to me. They should have come up with a totally new logo when they did the redesign.

Jacksonville's logo gets lost on its black helmets. That teal tongue is stupid. They should put the full-body jaguar on there instead.

Oakland's is OK, but the logo needs to be updated.

Now, for the best....

1. Tampa Bay - they went from the worst uniforms and most embarrassing helmets to the coolest look in sports.

2. Atlanta - Great colors, really cool logo.

3. Seattle - I really like the color. The logo's a lot better now that he doesn't look depressed and suicidal.

4. Houston - Cool logo, nice colors.

5. 49ers - A nicely updated classic.

What's with the Browns Hate? That has to be one of the finest, most Iconic helmets of all time!

That being said, The Bengals and the Rams have the best looking helmets.

The Jags and the Panthers get my vote for worst, aesthetically.

Favorite:

miami-dolphins-authentic-pro-line-revolution-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

Least Favorite:

new-england-patriots-authentic-pro-line-revolution-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

Now that I think about it I would have the say the Pats helmet is the worst in a close tie with the Panthers. Obviously as a Jet fan I am biased, but the flying elvis is stupid. The old Pat the Patriot helmet was really cool and having him on a Navy blue helmet could be cool, but the helmet with no stripes with the weird Patriot is just strange to me. And the red face mask just doesn't flow to the silver without stripes to make the transition smoother.

Archived