Winter Classic Find the Logo Contest

jkrdevil

Given the attention to detail most people on here have figure this would be a good thing to post here. Reebok and the NHL jut sent out a press release announcing a find the logo contest for the Winter Classic. One player on the Blackhawks or Red Wings will be missing the Reebok logo on the back of their jersey. If you can find it you have a chance to win a rip to the Stanley Cup Final.

Canton, MA / New York, NY ? In celebration of one of the National Hockey League?s most anticipated events ? the NHL Winter Classic? 2009 ? Reebok is offering fans an unprecedented experience through "NHL Winter Classic Reebok Lost Logo Challenge," a unique contest for both U.S. television viewers and in-stadium attendees that challenges fans to find the NHL player who is missing the Reebok logo from his jersey.

On New Year's Day, 2009, Reebok will give each of the more than 40,000 fans who attend the NHL Winter Classic game between the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks at Wrigley Field a pair of binoculars to find the NHL player on the ice without a Reebok logo. Fans in the stands and those watching on television will have a chance to win. In-stadium contestants will be asked to enter via text or phone, while those tuning in on television will be able to enter online.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=396822

I can't wait to read some of the reaction to this contest on here.

Not only is it a great marketing idea, it's a fine excuse to hand out binoculars, seeing as how no one in the stands will be able to see sh** otherwise.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not only is it a great marketing idea, it's a fine excuse to hand out binoculars, seeing as how no one in the stands will be able to see sh** otherwise.

Ha! That made me laugh.

That's probably the reason they came up with this contest. Following a hockey game with bincoluars from left field will still be a challenge, let alone trying to find who doesn't have a reebok logo. I'll be it won't be a neck logo either, it'll be (or should I say won't be) on the sleeve where it will be nearly impossible to see.

That's probably the reason they came up with this contest. Following a hockey game with bincoluars from left field will still be a challenge, let alone trying to find who doesn't have a reebok logo. I'll be it won't be a neck logo either, it'll be (or should I say won't be) on the sleeve where it will be nearly impossible to see.

On-ice jerseys don't have sleeve logos. Only replicas do. The logo will be absent from the rear neck.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On-ice jerseys don't have sleeve logos. Only replicas do. The logo will be absent from the rear neck.

So it will also be absent from the sleeve.

Wouldn't it be really easy for the people at home to find out who the player is? Considering there will be a pre-game show on CBC showing the warm-ups and stuff before the game even starts.

Yes, it will probably be easier for the TV audience with the close-ups. Although most people watching on CBC are ineleigible to win as this is a US only contest.

Wouldn't it be really easy for the people at home to find out who the player is? Considering there will be a pre-game show on CBC showing the warm-ups and stuff before the game even starts.

Yes, it will probably be easier for the TV audience with the close-ups. Although most people watching on CBC are ineleigible to win as this is a US only contest.

Good. Now I can just pay attention to the game without being tempted to look at the back of everyone's jersey every 2 minutes.

Archived