49ers still new uniforms?

In 5..4..3..2..1

Now that Mike Singletary is in place as the new head coach anybody know if the 49ers are still going through with the proposed uniform change that Mike Nolan was spearheading. I know Nolan really wanted a more retro look . I heard the unis would be comimg for the 09 season and it would be a more retro 9ers look but with some tweaks to it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that Mike Singletary is in place as the new head coach anybody know if the 49ers are still going through with the proposed uniform change that Mike Nolan was spearheading.

CAN'T DO IT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

if you like the throwbacks from this season, you'll be happy next season.

Then I won't. I realize those uniforms come from the Era of Good Feelings, but they are seriously flawed - flaws that were fixed in the current design.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Then I won't. I realize those uniforms come from the Era of Good Feelings, but they are seriously flawed - flaws that were fixed in the current design.

Word. I feel like I'm typing this for the 50th time, but if they just removed the SF-oval from the sleeves, they would have a flawless uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Word. I feel like I'm typing this for the 50th time, but if they just removed the SF-oval from the sleeves, they would have a flawless uniform.

Remove the black stripe from the helmet and I might agree with you.

The black stripe ties into the SF Oval, the drop shadow, and the black stripes on the pants. It stays. It's part of what makes the uniform so great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The black stripe ties into the SF Oval, the drop shadow, and the black stripes on the pants. It stays. It's part of what makes the uniform so great.

remove the logo from the sleeves, but match the helmet stripe to the pants stripe and then it's perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm trying to figure out why most people seem to love the 80s era unis more than the current ones. The current ones blow the old ones out of the water. Like BBTV said, the flaws in the old unis were fixed with the new one. The throwbacks are just really boring. I'm not buying "but they won championships in them so they're better!" as a reason why the throwbacks are better.

I'm trying to figure out why most people seem to love the 80s era unis more than the current ones. The current ones blow the old ones out of the water. Like BBTV said, the flaws in the old unis were fixed with the new one. The throwbacks are just really boring. I'm not buying "but they won championships in them so they're better!" as a reason why the throwbacks are better.

In my opinion the new unis are only seen as better by a majority since they include black. An old instructor of mine used to joke that if you don't have a good logo, reverse it out of black and people will think it's better.

I see this new 49ers set as implementing that logic (as did the Lions). Instead of refining the look and making it right, they simply added black outlines and a few other tweaks and the public perceives it as better. It's basically the easy way out and doesn't address or solve the problem.

Now that Mike Singletary is in place as the new head coach anybody know if the 49ers are still going through with the proposed uniform change that Mike Nolan was spearheading.

CAN'T DO IT

Wow, I laughed.

As far as the matter at hand, no comment.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

In my opinion the new unis are only seen as better by a majority since they include black. An old instructor of mine used to joke that if you don't have a good logo, reverse it out of black and people will think it's better.

I see this new 49ers set as implementing that logic (as did the Lions). Instead of refining the look and making it right, they simply added black outlines and a few other tweaks and the public perceives it as better. It's basically the easy way out and doesn't address or solve the problem.

That's fine, except the Niners have had black for a very long time. Basically what happened is what many here doing Chiefs concepts do -- integrate black from the helmet into the uniform. The current set IMO brings an old west feel to the set. The glory days unis will always say uncool 70s style, specifically the pant stripe thickness. Plus, I like the darker color red. The black is used as a trim color, which is fine in my eyes. In fact, the Niners get points for not introducing a black alt jersey. Oddly enough, other than the sleeve logo, the only other thing I would change would be to go from a red to a gray facemask. For some reason, it just looks better in this case.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm wit Flame on this here. I mean, the '80s set was really nice...in the 80's. This ain't the 80's no more, and the Niners ain't won an SB since the '94 postseason...and that was in their throwbacks, which--gasp--included black dropshadows AND black on the pants striping.

Actually, I think the current Niners set might be the most underrated in the league. While some say the addition of black is unnecessary, it ain't like it was aded just for the sake of doing so...the black's been in the color palette at least since the sixties, if not before then. As BBTV said, the black stripes on the helmet do help tie into the black border around the "SF" logo. I don't even see that big an issue with having the logo inside the sleeve striping, although I will say the sleeves would most likely look better without them. The black "dropshadow" effect on those stripes does tie into the numbers quite nice, and speaking of those numbers, the dropshadow effect adds a subtle "western" touch.

I can think of possibly one thing other than the removal of the sleeve logo that'd improve upon the current Niners look: match up the pants and helmet stripes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived