Thrift Store Gems '09

Sc8b

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just left 2 aj wrights.

1 had nothing, the other had 6 montreal jerseys I didn't buy any sine I have them, on to shop 3.

You ever get out to the one in Westland? I'm wondering if it's worth the trip from Ann Arbor...

I have not been to that one. But if its like the four I go to you'll find something and be happy.

-dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Just left 2 aj wrights.

1 had nothing, the other had 6 montreal jerseys I didn't buy any sine I have them, on to shop 3.

You ever get out to the one in Westland? I'm wondering if it's worth the trip from Ann Arbor...

I have not been to that one. But if its like the four I go to you'll find something and be happy.

-dan

Nice. I think I'll go check it out.

spikes.jpg

Just left 2 aj wrights.

-dan

Nice. I think I'll go check it out.

I am hot on your heals Dave!

Dan, I friggin' hate you! That Oilers alt is a thing of beauty! I had no idea AJ Wright was so hockey conscious!

The TJMaxx stores around the north metro-ATL, they have had replica Falcons jerseys of....

#2 Matt Ryan

#7 Mike Vike (just arrived this week, I assume it's all the jerseys that were taken out of stores when the [stuff] hit the fan 2 years ago)

#13 Joey Harrington

#32 Jerious Norwood

#87 Joe Horn

All replicas for $10

I picked up a Vick jersey for my not-so-politically-correct halloween costume next fall...

Thanks to this tip, I picked up the black alternate (not the throwback) #33 Turner jersey for $15....

TJMaxx is where I picked up the Ryan black alternate for $15. Great store, but it sounds like I need to go to AJWright.

TJMaxx also had a nice selection of braves jerseys over the summer- It's something to keep your eyes open for in the upcoming spring/early summer. I picked up a nice road 'Atlanta' jersey for $20 (no name, logo was tackle-twill, not coolbase) and the red Sunday replica. They had some blue ones as well, but XXXL was a quite big.... The same jersey was ~150 at the Turner Field store...

Anyway, I went to the A.J.Wright in Stone Mountain a few days ago- They had a lot of Hawks stuff (replica jerseys, jackets, shirts), a couple of Thrashers hoodies, and a handful of Falcons stuff along with some random NBA stuff (I remember OKC and Charlotte replica jerseys). I may hit the one in Decatur tomorrow. As far as ATL goes, AJWright picked some interesting locations to place stores (None are on the north side...).

I know it's unlikely, but I'm still hoping to find a Thrashers jersey somewhere around here in a place like that...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Went to a TJ Maxx today in the Sarasota area just found it while looking for a place to buy something for my friends daughter and looked around.

They had plenty of red and white Bucs jerseys, Simms, Garcia, Dunn, June, and a few Galloway jerseys.

They also had red Chiefs Surtain jerseys with a screen printed AFL patch.

No hockey jerseys, which is what I'd really like. I don't think they have any AJ Wright stores in the Tampa area, I think just TJ Maxx which is the same company I guess, but doesn't carry the same stuff always.

I did end up picking up a nice white Lightning flexfit hat for $5 and a USF Bulls toque for $6. Gotta root for the hometown college team now.

2ly2w09.jpg

Had some errands to run today, so I planned in a swing around the area AJ Wright stores. Went to ones in Calumet Park, Markham, Matteson, and Evanston. Either they didn't get the big NHL shipments, or they've already sold them. Still, though, I managed to score a Blues 3rd and a pair of Leafs jerseys for $19.99 each. They'll be up on eBay tomorrow. Step 3: Profit.

While the NHL selection was lacking, if you're interested in a Bulls Ben Gordon jersey, a Bears Rex Grossman jersey, a Blazers Sebastian Telfair jersey, a Bucs Cadillac Williams jersey, or a Cowboys jersey that combines their navy jersey, their silver fashion jersey, and the BYU bib look, I can recommend a place.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Had some errands to run today, so I planned in a swing around the area AJ Wright stores. Went to ones in Calumet Park, Markham, Matteson, and Evanston. Either they didn't get the big NHL shipments, or they've already sold them. Still, though, I managed to score a Blues 3rd and a pair of Leafs jerseys for $19.99 each. They'll be up on eBay tomorrow. Step 3: Profit.

While the NHL selection was lacking, if you're interested in a Bulls Ben Gordon jersey, a Bears Rex Grossman jersey, a Blazers Sebastian Telfair jersey, a Bucs Cadillac Williams jersey, or a Cowboys jersey that combines their navy jersey, their silver fashion jersey, and the BYU bib look, I can recommend a place.

Just went to the TJ Maxx in Northbrook. I can one-up you. White grossman jerseys, orange Kyle Orton jerseys, and wait for it...................a crapload of blue DUSTY DVORACEK jerseys for 12 bucks. thought about getting one for humorous purposes, but decided against it. made my day to see dusty dvoracek jerseys

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Did you go to the one that's around 6000 Fullerton? There were a couple of Chad Johnson Bengals jerseys there as well.

330zl3b.png

DUSTY DVORACEK jerseys for 12 bucks.

I would eventually pay good money for one of these, just so I could lie about my identity to dumb chicks at the bar.

"Of course that's me, why in the hell would I BUY a Dusty Dvoracek jersey? No, my ID is in the back seat of my car, let's go out and take a look at it. Hold on, I gotta move the baby seat first."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived