2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

I am glad that I did a bit more research before posting, but it was a year ago this week when Mark Martin said that his son, Matt would not fasttrack into a career as a driver. I remember hearing about him for like 7 years, but apparently he will not go directly into a car. Actually, that is refreshing to me to hear as I am tired of non-talented athlete's kids becoming athletes (Saul Smith, insert wrestler's kid here, Jon Berry) and the like within the other arts (any cannot act/sing kid, plus Brooke Hogan).

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am glad that I did a bit more research before posting, but it was a year ago this week when Mark Martin said that his son, Matt would not fasttrack into a career as a driver. I remember hearing about him for like 7 years, but apparently he will not go directly into a car. Actually, that is refreshing to me to hear as I am tired of non-talented athlete's kids becoming athletes (Saul Smith, insert wrestler's kid here, Jon Berry) and the like within the other arts (any cannot act/sing kid, plus Brooke Hogan).

Matt Martin was talented, it's just Matt told Mark that he wasn't interested in racing and Mark always said that he was behind whatever Matt wanted to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Jimmie Johnson really needs to take a look at conserving some fuel once in a while. :D

Chad Knaus said there was no point in doing anything but going for the win because they are safe.

Sad news from the NASCAR Mexico series, driver Carlos Pardo died in a scary crash. He was also awarded the victory for the race.

Dang.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I want to know the reasoning for having a wall in that position at that angle on that part of the track. Also, some serious safety issues need to be addressed if the entire car disintigrates and the roll cage crumples at that speed (≈120 mph). Tragic accident, but could have been avoided with proper facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

The new double file restarts are amazing since it was brought in the races have been much more competitive especially today two wide all day, battles for the leads and congrats to Joey Logano for becoming the youngest Sprint Cup driver to win a race, Daytona is a must watch.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The new double file restarts are amazing since it was brought in the races have been much more competitive especially today two wide all day, battles for the leads and congrats to Joey Logano for becoming the youngest Sprint Cup driver to win a race, Daytona is a must watch.

Daytona is going to be off the charts wild now.

BB52Big.jpg

Lately the night races have been a bore until about 20 to go I'm sure it will be crazy all night but I wonder how long it takes before oh lets say Kyle Busch complains about the rule because he got caught up in the big one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Lately the night races have been a bore until about 20 to go I'm sure it will be crazy all night but I wonder how long it takes before oh lets say Kyle Busch complains about the rule because he got caught up in the big one.

You mean like the one he CAUSED at New Hampshire last weekend? The one that essentially took out Richard Childress Racing's hope of victory? Yeah, right?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Obviously you didn't see the fact that it was Jr's fault for spinning his tires that caused that wreck and that Truex and Kyle were victims of Jr's start. Kyle had no clue that Jr spun his tires and that Truex would dive down there, so why blame him? Oh that's right, because you look through life with Jr colored glasses instead of reality.

Obviously you didn't see the fact that it was Jr's fault for spinning his tires that caused that wreck and that Truex and Kyle were victims of Jr's start. Kyle had no clue that Jr spun his tires and that Truex would dive down there, so why blame him? Oh that's right, because you look through life with Jr colored glasses instead of reality.

After NHMS. I just know the following:

1-From 10-14 in points is as close I remember it since they started The Chase and that is good. The most I have looked at the positions 9-15 since they started "The Chase". I think that the COT has worked to a point.

2-I want JPM to do well on the last "plate" race before The Chase.

3-I REALLY need to know what Bil Weber said to get removed from the last three TNT broadcasts.

NHMS Ratings Up. Bill Weber News, and other NASCAR ratings Information

4-NASCAR and the economy has made news lately. First, ESPN had an OTL on them and now CNBC will air a special on July 5. Interesting as attendance falls and so do sponsors. The France family really hides from all this, including the possibility that Sprint may also file Chapter 11. (And I have had Sprint since 2000 and know they give the better coverage in stadiums and tracks). There is still a lack of emphasis on WINNING! The points system has to change to make a difference; otherwise you will see drivers like JPM try for top 10s to just get to The Chase, like Kenseth and Kulwicki did to win the series title in the old system. Teams did do, "points racing" before but did not publically admit it as teh 42 team did. Bonus points or not, the top two are still to close for me.

Mayfield's ban lifted.

He still can't find a ride as sponsors aren't lining up behind the guy...but when he does, he's baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Wow, this whole article has opened a can of worms, including this portion of it:

Diehl claimed that NASCAR's drug testing program does not meet federal workplace guidelines or follow proper procedure of SAMHSA [substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration].

He argued that Mayfield did not give permission for the "B" sample to be tested after the "A" sample came back positive, as guidelines state, and that the "B" sample should have been tested at an independent laboratory. He said since proper procedure was not used and because the "B" sample was compromised when opened that the entire test should be thrown out.

Both samples originally were tested by Aegis Laboratory, the Nashville, Tenn.-based facility NASCAR employs to run its testing program.

"They must be held accountable," Diehl said of NASCAR and Aegis. "If you don't follow procedure then drug tests are thrown out."

Diehl also argued that NASCAR's policy is unfair because it does not provide a list of all banned substances, as is the case in most other professional sports.

He referred to the governing body as having almost god-like powers, saying "if they decide to ban Coca-Cola or coffee or orange juice or anything else," they can.

"That just smells bad," Diehl said. "And it stinks enough that the court should say 'You can't do that.' "

Archived