2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

I am posting while the race is ongoing, but this has to be the worst telecast in the last decade. Horrible! Thank goodness that TNT ends their coverage next week as Bill Weber still will not be in the booth. There has been no direction to this, but three guys babbling and not telling a story, plus the number of ads are worse than an IRL split screen. TNT may have been better off just using the MRN radio feed with Eli Gold.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am posting while the race is ongoing, but this has to be the worst telecast in the last decade. Horrible! Thank goodness that TNT ends their coverage next week as Bill Weber still will not be in the booth. There has been no direction to this, but three guys babbling and not telling a story, plus the number of ads are worse than an IRL split screen. TNT may have been better off just using the MRN radio feed with Eli Gold.

TNT is horrible, that bloody Wide-Open Coverage and commercials every 10-15 Laps.

Anyways wild finish to cap up off an okay race I really thought the double file restarts would shake things up but the race was dominated by Stewart, Hamlin, Johnson and Kyle Busch, lets hope Chicago can make things better.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What a crazy finish to the race tonight!!!!! Busch takes the lead for a the second last lap and then his aggressive style costs him on the 4th turn when he cuts in front of Stewart and wipes out!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

These restrictor plate finishes have been absolutely insane

Also, can the racing gods please allow RCR to catch a break for once? For gods sakes Harvick swerves down to miss a wreck and still manages to get as much damage as if he were to hit into someone's car by going through the grass. Then Burton cuts a tire while running top 5. They gotta get out of this slump sometime, right? Cause this is even worse than the 2002 season.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

TNT is horrible, that bloody Wide-Open Coverage and commercials every 10-15 Laps.

Anyways wild finish to cap up off an okay race I really thought the double file restarts would shake things up but the race was dominated by Stewart, Hamlin, Johnson and Kyle Busch, lets hope Chicago can make things better.

I think that it will be a Stewart vs. Johnson Chase. Tomorrow, I will head to Laguna Seca to see the US MotoGP! The Doctor!

No argument on the quality of the TNT broadcast. It was a meandering disaster. That new PBP guy sounded like he'd never seen a race before. I thought maybe he would improve after being thrust into it last week. Nope. He was actually worse. They have some quality talent on that crew (Petty and Larry Mac) but they don't seem to have a clue as to how to use them.

On the race, it was pretty much the 14, 11, and 18 all night. No one had anything for them and Stewart's put crew pretty much pitched a perfect game. Tough break for the 18 car but that's usually what happens in a plate race. JJ and the 48 team should be thrilled with a 2nd place finish after being a 4th place car all night.

BB52Big.jpg

Also, can the racing gods please allow RCR to catch a break for once? For gods sakes Harvick swerves down to miss a wreck and still manages to get as much damage as if he were to hit into someone's car by going through the grass. Then Burton cuts a tire while running top 5. They gotta get out of this slump sometime, right? Cause this is even worse than the 2002 season.

this, for the love of god, this

200827174822.png

In terms of talent, TNT was in a dire situation last week, but you are correct as it seemed as if Ralph Sheen digressed even before the 50 mile mark. Speed did telecast the GrandAm race today so why not throw a guy an extra $5-10 to call this race. He could not have hurt. Moving in a MRN radio guy would have been a better idea since they really have an idea on all the action.

Regardless, the fact that the backstretch was "closed" by NASCAR and ISC, shows that this sport is struggling in terms of attendance. Basically that means that they knew that 60,000 of 160,000 seats could not be sold.

So from what I'm hearing it's a good thing the gf was over and i only got to watch the last 15 laps?

Also, great finish and great to see Tony win, classy move by him in the post-race interview. Did Busch ever say anything?

EDIT: Too bad the race wasn't on FOX b/c the cam that's "Digger" on FOX broadcasts got taken out.

6fQjS3M.png

busch.jpg

absolutely insane finish. i'm glad kyle refused to talk to reporters after the race, because he probably would have said something to get himself fined...

another top 10 for JPM! 6 in his last 9 races, and up into the chase.

I love how people seem to think that the double file restarts will actually do anything different than on a restart. Do any of these people actually watch a race. Maybe once a year during a start of a race do you see anything actually happen and usually it's the guys in the back who wreck each other, so nothing is going to change. It won't bring any more excitement to the race. What it does is get rid of the stupidity of having the leaders battle lapped cars on restarts in the middle of the race. That's usually where you saw all the commotion and problems.

As far as the TNT coverage, the Wide Open Coverage is bad. I actually watched a little of the Race Buddy and that was better than those horrible little box commercials. Okay speaking of horrible commercials, those BK commercials are bad and I do mean freaking bad. Too bad Kyle Busch isn't associated with BK, because at least he'd do the right thing and run over that stalking creep of mascot for BK. Heck where's Jimmy Spencer when you need him? He needs to punch the stalking mascot! I hate the pompous Bill Weber and prefer Shaheen's laid back style. Heck Shaheen is better than Mike Joy who needs to loose a 10 pound and start working the pits again. The best play by play guys in racing are Paul Page, Marty Ried, and Rick Allen. I do like Allen Bestwick and Jerry Punch also, but no one and I mean no one is more pompous than Bill Weber, and from the stories, well he was just being the pompous arse that he plays on TV.

Martin Truex Jr. moving to Michael Waltrip Racing for 2010. Michael Waltrip also announced he would run a limited schedule in 2010.

My friend who was at the race on Saturday said that the #1 trailer already had most items on heavy discount.

DEI struggled to even field a car this year, so this isn't really a surprise. JPM is the only remaining Chip Ganassi driver, and there will be no DEI drivers, unless they put Almirola in the 1 next season.

Martin Truex Jr. moving to Michael Waltrip Racing for 2010. Michael Waltrip also announced he would run a limited schedule in 2010.

Did anybody find it odd that MWR or any team would do an announcement like this during the middle of the season?

Happens all the time dude. There's a reason it's called "silly season."

BB52Big.jpg

MWR is on the verge of breaking out Michael has done a great job so far and the way Reutimann and Ambrose have been running, Truex can hopefully put MWR over and become a constant team to challenge week in and week out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived