anyone notice the Lakers new away jerseys

duma

Did anyone notice this? I cant find any pictures right now but it was obvious watching the game. The lakers arent using the sewn on logos and numbers anymore. its more like iron on numbers. It would seem this is better for the players (lighter) but it does not look as good. The shade of purple seemed lighter to me as well. Im wondering when they switched over to these, maybe after the all star game?

anyone else notice any other team switching to this style? i will have to check if they are doing the same with the home unis.

Did anyone notice this? I cant find any pictures right now but it was obvious watching the game. The lakers arent using the sewn on logos and numbers anymore. its more like iron on numbers. It would seem this is better for the players (lighter) but it does not look as good. The shade of purple seemed lighter to me as well. Im wondering when they switched over to these, maybe after the all star game?

anyone else notice any other team switching to this style? i will have to check if they are doing the same with the home unis.

This is strictly a guess. But I'll bet that the Lakers are using sublimated jerseys where everything is "printed" right into the fabric. Sublimation starts with a base White fabric. That could explain the differences in shading.

Might the numbers also be made of the newer material that is used on hockey jerseys? It's not tackle twill....it's a lightweight material that doesn't absorb moisture. I have a few hockey jerseys with this type of heat-pressed numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Might the numbers also be made of the newer material that is used on hockey jerseys? It's not tackle twill....it's a lightweight material that doesn't absorb moisture. I have a few hockey jerseys with this type of heat-pressed numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised. That's what they used on the All-Star game uniforms, is it not?

I'll ask, also, is that what Reebok was using on those new NFL uniforms that some Giants players were seen wearing this year? I remember a video about the Packers testing them in practice, and something about the number material being stretchy so they can make the uniforms tighter, or something like that.

IUe6Hvh.png

Is it possible that Adidas is trying to make jerseys more form-fitting? Maybe they like the Nike SOD look. It is possible they are trying out new fabrics and ways of putting numbers and patterns on jerseys I suppose. This whole Lakers thing mixed in with Dwight Howard's sports bra Magic jersey (seen here in his free throw line dunk) makes me wonder. Maybe the whole league will be wearing Adidas SporBra Technology in 3 years or something. I just hope they can some up with a better name than I just did.

I wouldn't be surprised. That's what they used on the All-Star game uniforms, is it not?

I'll ask, also, is that what Reebok was using on those new NFL uniforms that some Giants players were seen wearing this year? I remember a video about the Packers testing them in practice, and something about the number material being stretchy so they can make the uniforms tighter, or something like that.

Yes - not only are the numbers made out of the same stretchy material, but the thread used to attach them to the jersey is elastic as well.

You can see a video of the prototypes the Packers are testing here.

Yes - not only are the numbers made out of the same stretchy material, but the thread used to attach them to the jersey is elastic as well.

You can see a video of the prototypes the Packers are testing here.

The guy makes a point to rave about how the new jerseys don't have seams, and then they go on to talk about the seams in the new jersey. :blink:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it possible that Adidas is trying to make jerseys more form-fitting? Maybe they like the Nike SOD look. It is possible they are trying out new fabrics and ways of putting numbers and patterns on jerseys I suppose. This whole Lakers thing mixed in with Dwight Howard's sports bra Magic jersey (seen here in his free throw line dunk) makes me wonder. Maybe the whole league will be wearing Adidas SporBra Technology in 3 years or something. I just hope they can some up with a better name than I just did.

That "jersey" had nothing to do with a new jersey. Its a new undershirt by Adidas that they were unveiling that night. The printing on the shirt was just a way of promoting and mixing the "Superman" aspect of Dwight's dunks. IE, superman wore a super tight outfit. The technology is called Techfit.

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/techfit/co...y_adidascom=com

You won't see NBA jerseys looking anything like that in 3 years.

Wow, that court in Minnesota is ridiculously dark. Yikes!

And the yellow does look much darker vs. Minny than OKC.

I dig the black shoes on the Thunder.

I noticed it last night, I think they are experimenting, I like the black shoes at home but they should use the white socks with the black shoes like Miami does. I'm wondering if boston will go back to the black shoes at home, the white shoes don't look right on Boston.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Wow, that court in Minnesota is ridiculously dark. Yikes!

And the yellow does look much darker vs. Minny than OKC.

I dig the black shoes on the Thunder.

I noticed it last night, I think they are experimenting, I like the black shoes at home but they should use the white socks with the black shoes like Miami does. I'm wondering if boston will go back to the black shoes at home, the white shoes don't look right on Boston.

Tradition here. I hope they would do that again.

Archived