USA 3-5-6-8

Korea 4-5-5-Eliminated

Japan 3-2-Eliminated

Australia 1-Eliminated

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the 2026 front-runner is China.

China got eliminated from hosting the '026 edition by virtue of Qatar winning '022, the same continent cant host back to back World Cups. As for the results, I find it a bit strange considering both Russia and Qatar were considered the long shots after yesterdays presentations from what I had read.

I really thought Australia would've put on a better show in the voting. But probably the amount of fields that had to be converted to football standards was just too much.

So when Qatar fails and FIFA needs a new host for the 2022 cup don't come calling here in America. The U.S. should tell FIFA to :censored: off.

Even though it would be a nice scenario...to tell FIFA F-off, it would never happen. Regardless of pride, the amount of money the WC would bring in, the US would gladly forget this bid process to host and get paid in the event of Qatar not being able to host.

Qatar will build the stadiums, but issues of security, climate, and attendance will be huge stories going forward.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

All the same issues arose in South Africa and I thought they did a pretty good job. There is a good reason they chose the 2022 host the same day they picked 2018, To avoid the infrastructure problems that South Africa had.

I really thought Australia would've put on a better show in the voting. But probably the amount of fields that had to be converted to football standards was just too much.

And the fact that Qatar has to build ENTIRE STADIUMS is better? No this had nothing to do with that. Nothing.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Wow, shocked to see Qatar get the bid. The amount of people traveling for the tournament will probably be larger than the country's population a few times over.

Any word on where the locations are in Russia? Could be some huge travel there.

All in all, I'm definitely disappointed that the US didn't get it, but I like what FIFA is doing. I think the Russian choice is a great one to help grow support for the game and if done correctly the Qatar tournament could churn out an awesome experience.

I'll predict in about 6-7 years, Qatar will find a way (money) to get as many quality, young players to get Qatari citizenship and play for the national team come World Cup time. Or by then the US or England will win the World Cup just to stick to Qatar.

I saw, I came, I left.

Another major (potential) problem with Qatar as the '22 host: What if Israel manages to qualify?

So down with Russia and Qatar.

Gotta give Fifa some credit for trying new markets and that's what they did.

Just to play devil's advocate with our Canadian posters, then why is Gary Bettman the Antichrist?

The trouble with Bettman isn't that he's willing to try new markets. It's that he's unwilling to let go of those markets that he's tried that turn out to be failures.

That, of course isn't an issue with the World Cup due to its one-and-done nature. Even if Russia 2018 and/or Qatar 2022 turns out to be a spectacular failure, it's not as though either of them is going to be the permanent host of the event.

CCSLC signature.png

Another major (potential) problem with Qatar as the '22 host: What if Israel manages to qualify?

So down with Russia and Qatar.

Gotta give Fifa some credit for trying new markets and that's what they did.

Just to play devil's advocate with our Canadian posters, then why is Gary Bettman the Antichrist?

The trouble with Bettman isn't that he's willing to try new markets. It's that he's unwilling to let go of those markets that he's tried that turn out to be failures.

That, of course isn't an issue with the World Cup due to its one-and-done nature. Even if Russia 2018 and/or Qatar 2022 turns out to be a spectacular failure, it's not as though either of them is going to be the permanent host of the event.

Even better if US and Israel are drawn together. Hopefully we get it in 2026, cause based off of their plans, Europe would be ineligible for that year still.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It is called buying bids.

Updated for accuracy.

For the 2026 World Cup bids, I'm pulling for Canada, New Zealand, Venezuela, or Serbia.

Serbia cannot bid in 2026, as they're in Europe, and since Europe won 2018, a European nation is not eligible for bidding for 2026.

Out of the nations which did not win today, only the US is eligible to bid for 2026.

This is correct. I think the US is early favorites for 2026 already, as they're only going against Oceania, Africa, and South America (two of those continents will have hosted WCs in the previous 16 years).

6fQjS3M.png

It is called buying bids.

Updated for accuracy.

For the 2026 World Cup bids, I'm pulling for Canada, New Zealand, Venezuela, or Serbia.

Serbia cannot bid in 2026, as they're in Europe, and since Europe won 2018, a European nation is not eligible for bidding for 2026.

I still stand by my choices, regardless of FIFA's eligibility criteria. <_<

Pfft. America owes so much money to China the USMNT will be wearing red jerseys in 2022.

It must suck, though, what with not getting the Chicago Olympic bid, and now this. It almost makes you guys seem human :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived