"AFL Legacy Weekend" games

RemembertheAFL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to ESPN.com...

Apparently, the Patriots will be wearing their throwbacks FOUR times this season. Awesomeness.

Fantastic news. This means they have to be wearing the whites at LEAST once, right?

That's the hope. :D

interesting Dallas will be wearing their throw backs against KC.

So we got the Dallas Cowboys vs. Dallas Texans and Old Titans vs. Houston Oilers.

Does this mean Dallas will wear a white throwback against KC, and the blue one against the Raiders? One can hope.

newsig.jpg

So we got the Dallas Cowboys vs. Dallas Texans and Old Titans vs. Houston Oilers.

i really want dallas texas vs dallas cowboys, and houston texas vs houston oilers.

but that won't happen.

According to ESPN.com...

Apparently, the Patriots will be wearing their throwbacks FOUR times this season. Awesomeness.

Fantastic news. This means they have to be wearing the whites at LEAST once, right?

Hopefully this will be official soon.

My wonder is what will Miami wear? Will they go with an old-school look or will they have a modern look?

According to ESPN.com...

Hopefully this will be official soon.

My wonder is what will Miami wear? Will they go with an old-school look or will they have a modern look?

I believe Miami (and Cincy for that matter) will not participate as they were not AFL charter members.

So I'd expect them in their current uniforms.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Does this mean Dallas will wear a white throwback against KC, and the blue one against the Raiders? One can hope.

No, Dallas will be wearing blue in both games.

Hey all: Just some news, the AFL 50 Hats have been put on the NFL Shop store. Not so bad, except very annoying Reebok mark. Nice AFL patch on the back and no annoying Mesh/Plastic/Velcro/Stripes/Contrast Stitching. It's just a hat. Will probably pick one of these up.

p5871906dt.jpg

annoying reebok mark? what else would "reebok" put there? a nike swoosh or adidas 3 stripes?? or maybe even an under armor logo that would look cool...

No, Dallas will be wearing blue in both games.

Why did they show the Chiefs (Texans) throwbacks in red in the photos? Maybe it's one of those rare things where the NFL allows both teams to wear contrasting, non-white colors.

Any info?

newsig.jpg

According to ESPN.com...

Patsies come to Denver and the Broncos will be wearing whiz yellow, which to me suggests the Patsies will be in white.

Hey all: Just some news, the AFL 50 Hats have been put on the NFL Shop store. Not so bad, except very annoying Reebok mark. Nice AFL patch on the back and no annoying Mesh/Plastic/Velcro/Stripes/Contrast Stitching. It's just a hat. Will probably pick one of these up.

p5871906dt.jpg

annoying reebok mark? what else would "reebok" put there? a nike swoosh or adidas 3 stripes?? or maybe even an under armor logo that would look cool...

Perhaps you're unaware that Reebok has a somewhat less-obtrusive logo they could have used:

0302005197_18_13_5.jpg

Just as Nike uses the swoosh and Adidas the 3-stripe logo.

According to ESPN.com...

Patsies come to Denver and the Broncos will be wearing whiz yellow, which to me suggests the Patsies will be in white.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Pats wore red for the game, since one could say that red and yellow are enough of a contrast. I hope I'm wrong. I want to see the white throwbacks in the worst way.

According to ESPN.com...

It wouldn't surprise me if the Pats wore red for the game, since one could say that red and yellow are enough of a contrast. I hope I'm wrong. I want to see the white throwbacks in the worst way.

I'd really doubt that they wear anything but white. They showed white jerseys at the coaches' meeting, the Broncos have a road white throwback, as do the rest of the original AFL teams. Why wouldn't they?

At the very least it's one more jersey to sell.

I am loving the fact that the referees will wear the orange-striped uniforms for the AFL games.

http://www.remembertheafl.com/images/Throw...sAndRaiders.jpg

According to an NFL official quoted on UniWatch they will also have the sidelines set up like the AFL did.

What's the difference from the way it is in the NFL?

Also, I wonder how badly EA will utterly botch these unis in Madden NFL 10...

They were probably talking about sideline and endzone markings, not anything like location of harsh marks, which would affect the rules of play. But the Raiders, for example, used black and silver rhomboid (diamond) patterns in the end zones, and the hash marks were in the form of black diamonds.

Also, didn't the Raiders have the yard-line numbers inside shield shapes, IIRC? I wonder if that would be possible for throwback games?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Wonder if the football will look like this.

AFLFirstGameBallLarge.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Wonder if the football will look like this.

AFLFirstGameBallLarge.jpg

Btw interesting pennant I found...the cartoon horse on a blue helmet looks odd to me.

BroncosPennantGreg.gif

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived