2010 World Cup Qualifying

TFoA

USA showed how good they CAN be in the later stages of the El Salvador match. They simply dominated play after they stopped acting like p***ys. Sure they got helped out by the goalie, but they had many chances they could've scored on before that. Defense just fell apart in the beginning. I'm not worried about them not qualifying at all.

The US will qualify (If they don't it would be a major shock), but sadly thats about all they will do.

I hope that they benefit from the lack of hype like they did in 2002. 2006, that team was hyped up to be MUCH BETTER than they actually were. That, and they got put into the group of death.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
USA showed how good they CAN be in the later stages of the El Salvador match. They simply dominated play after they stopped acting like p***ys. Sure they got helped out by the goalie, but they had many chances they could've scored on before that. Defense just fell apart in the beginning. I'm not worried about them not qualifying at all.

The US will qualify (If they don't it would be a major shock), but sadly thats about all they will do.

I hope that they benefit from the lack of hype like they did in 2002. 2006, that team was hyped up to be MUCH BETTER than they actually were. That, and they got put into the group of death.

I hope that they benfit from the lack of hype to, but something tells me they won't. And hopefully we can get a better draw of groups then we did in 2006. That was really bad luck.

jNTsTyQ.png

Bahrain beat Qatar. Australia will wait.

EDIT: Thank you, espn360.com. You are the only way that I can watch Oranje or Mississippi State.

EDIT #2: Whoever said that the Dutch were placed in an amazingly easy pool are absolutely right. They're playing Macedonia right now, it's 3-0 at the half, Kuyt has two goals, and Macedonia are looking like the Washington Generals to the Dutch's Harlem Globetrotters. Oranje's shooting at will, Macedonia can barely get a ball near the box.

It's less impressive considering the fact that they were 4-6-0, failed to qualify, and the WC only comes around every 4 years. :P
But still, one can also note that they haven't lost a home qualifying match in 16 years.

LvZYtbZ.png

Now THAT's impressive.

That said...lmao @ the end of the Scotland/Iceland game. Scotland was on the verge of collapsing and only getting a draw (which would've kept them in 3rd in UEFA's Group 9) instead of a win (which would've put them in 2nd). Iceland's ineptitude was the only thing that kept them from tying the game because Scotland was trying their damndest to give them a shot at the end. Scotland gave Iceland so many chances and whiffed on almost all of them. The funniest part was when the announcer remarked "Typical end to a game in which Scotland is ahead."

EDIT: Thank you, espn360.com. You are the only way that I can watch Oranje or Mississippi State.

EDIT #2: Whoever said that the Dutch were placed in an amazingly easy pool are absolutely right. They're playing Macedonia right now, it's 3-0 at the half, Kuyt has two goals, and Macedonia are looking like the Washington Generals to the Dutch's Harlem Globetrotters. Oranje's shooting at will, Macedonia can barely get a ball near the box.

That was a harsh game even though it's a Dutch win and I'm pretty sure this assures us through to South Africa.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That was a harsh game even though it's a Dutch win and I'm pretty sure this assures us through to South Africa.

Scotland is not going to catch Oranje. The fans in Holland are probably making their vacation plans as we speak.

Meanwhile... out in La Paz, it's Bolivia 5, Argentina 1.

Don't cry for them.

EDIT: It ends at 6 to 1.

W. T. F? Were there mass sendings-off?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This may be a stupid question to some, but just how many games are there in World Cup qualifying?

All I know as of right now is that Portugal is about 4 points back from the top 2 spots in their group.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, how are you?

This may be a stupid question to some, but just how many games are there in World Cup qualifying?

All I know as of right now is that Portugal is about 4 points back from the top 2 spots in their group.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Portugal currently stands 7 points back of their group. Portugal has 5 games left, as does Denmark. Hungary has 4 games left.

In general, group stages in World Cup qualifying are a double round robin - so for a six team group, that's 10 games.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived