2010 World Cup Qualifying

TFoA

Just a bump up... it's possible Aguirre might be suspended for the World Cup qualifier against the United States. Granted, it would require Mexico losing in the quarterfinals of the Gold Cup...
I doubt it, Mexico will reach the final of the Gold Cup. And what the hell 3 games and a $25,000 fine, seems a little light for Aguirres' stupidity. Either or, the USMNT has to win at Azteca.
At the time it seemed possible, mind you, because I could have seen them losing to the USA or Costa Rica in the quarters.

LvZYtbZ.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow's a big day for international soccer. Whole bunch of friendlies and qualifiers going on. Notable ones includes England going over to Amsterdam to play Oranje in what should definitely be an entertaining game, friendly or not. But the match of the day is probably the one that's going down in Mexico City, USA vs. Mexico. This is a big one, especially for Mexico because if they lose to the US in Azteca for the first time ever, their World Cup hopes will be dashed before they even make it to South Africa. The USMNT has a huge chance to not only stick the dagger into the hearts of Mexico by beating them and effectively knocking them out of the World Cup, but twisting as well by doing it in Azteca. The US can afford to lose. Mexico can't. This is going to be a huge game.

It's on 4:00 EST, and you can catch it in English on mun2. For those of you saying "Oh poo, I don't have mun2," if you have digital cable, they're doing a free preview for the channel tomorrow just so that they can get a better rating for the game. So yeah, watch. Hopefully we win and we don't see a lighter version of what happened in the Meadowlands a couple of weeks ago.

Tomorrow's a big day for international soccer. Whole bunch of friendlies and qualifiers going on. Notable ones includes England going over to Amsterdam to play Oranje in what should definitely be an entertaining game, friendly or not. But the match of the day is probably the one that's going down in Mexico City, USA vs. Mexico. This is a big one, especially for Mexico because if they lose to the US in Azteca for the first time ever, their World Cup hopes will be dashed before they even make it to South Africa. The USMNT has a huge chance to not only stick the dagger into the hearts of Mexico by beating them and effectively knocking them out of the World Cup, but twisting as well by doing it in Azteca. The US can afford to lose. Mexico can't. This is going to be a huge game.

It's on 4:00 EST, and you can catch it in English on mun2. For those of you saying "Oh poo, I don't have mun2," if you have digital cable, they're doing a free preview for the channel tomorrow just so that they can get a better rating for the game. So yeah, watch. Hopefully we win and we don't see a lighter version of what happened in the Meadowlands a couple of weeks ago.

DirecTV is also opening up the channel for this game. It's in the very low-200's by ESPN.

Is it on GolTV? :P

I need to work on my Spanish :D

6fQjS3M.png

Telemundo.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Mun2 will have it in English.

USMNT up 1-nil on Charlie Davies goal of a beautiful feed. damn.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Oranje and the English play to 2-2 draw should have been a Dutch win if it wasn't for getting lazy in the second half but just friendly oh and Babel, Kuyt and Robben will be beasts next summer i can feel it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mexico 2 - USA 1

It's disgraceful how some of the fans are throwing trash at the American players.

no, that's just how they are. they threw batteries at us in the past. eff em.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Mexico 2 - USA 1

It's disgraceful how some of the fans are throwing trash at the American players.

Trash....that's heaven compared to what you normally get in central america. Batteries, urine, human :censored:, you name it you get it in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc.

1zqy8ok.gif

the worse part was the us soldiers mun2 showed rooting against the usa from iraq. guys, you're representing the USA, dont root against us when we're playing another country. ktksbai

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

the worse part was the us soldiers mun2 showed rooting against the usa from iraq. guys, you're representing the USA, dont root against us when we're playing another country. ktksbai

Wow really? Didn't know that was happening because I don't speak Spanish. Even had the American Flag in the background. What a disgrace.

Mexico 2 - USA 1

Yeah that was bad, but when it comes to Azteca, that's par the course for those fans down there. If an American player is standing around and he's within distance, something WILL be thrown at him. That's just fact. Just be happy that, like Breakwood said, it wasn't urine, poop, or batteries this time.

With that said, I don't care to get into the officiating becaus I'm pretty sure everybody is in agreement that there was an obvious slant towards El Tri. So I won't go there. Where I will go is this: This game reminded me too much of the 2nd Brazil game in the Confed Cup. US gets off to a lead, goes into a shell, can't withstand offensive pressure and lets in a goal. This type of play worked against Spain when they were playing amazing defense. It's not gonna work against an attacking team like Brazil, and definitely not going to work against Mexico in Azteca. USMNT HAS to get more possession when they have the lead or are in a situation like today, instead of basically giving Mexico the ball and saying "Hit me with your best shot, fire away."[No Benetar :P)] This really should've been a tie, but the tactics after the US went up 1-0 were terrible. Score 1 goal + go into a bunker + long ball every 10 minutes with no feasible hint of an organized attack = 2-1 loss.

The US didn't lose any ground, but they lost the bragging rights. Despite the awful officiating, Mexico can now lay claim to a victory over the A-team, and we're gonna hear about it until the next meeting. :P

Wow really? Didn't know that was happening because I don't speak Spanish. Even had the American Flag in the background. What a disgrace.

yeah they showed the soldiers after mexico scored the 2nd goal and a bunch were waving the :censored:ing mexican flag while in american military fatigues.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well, CONCACAF just got interesting today. The top 2 teams in the region both had a tough road game, with the US going into the graveyard that is Azteca and Costa Rica traveling to the snakepit that is San Salvador, and boy did they get bit. 4-0 Honduras, with 2 of the final goals coming in 2nd half's stoppage time. CONCACAF looks like this now. Costa Rica's still in first with 12 points, friggin' Honduras is now in 2nd over the US by goal differential, and Mexico's back in 4th with 9 points. Everybody has 4 games left to play, and here's the remaining schedule for the US:

vs. El Savador @ Rio Tinto Stadium (9/5/09)

@ Trinidad & Tobago (9/9/09)

@ Honduras (Who scares the :censored: out of me now.) (10/10/09)

vs. Costa Rica @ RFK Stadium (10/14/09)

The USMNT has GOT to take care of business against El Salvador & T&T, because going to Honduras is probably going to suck ass, and unless Costa Rica are the Seattle Sounders of CONCACAF (godly on FieldTurf, crappy on grass), that's gonna be a fight as well. USMNT had better hope that they qualify straight out of this group, because they damn sure don't wanna have to possibly face a COMMEBOL team to qualify for South Africa. These last few games are going to be exciting.

Well, CONCACAF just got interesting today. The top 2 teams in the region both had a tough road game, with the US going into the graveyard that is Azteca and Costa Rica traveling to the snakepit that is San Pedro Sula, and boy did they get bit. 4-0 Honduras, with 2 of the final goals coming in 2nd half's stoppage time. CONCACAF looks like this now. Costa Rica's still in first with 12 points, friggin' Honduras is now in 2nd over the US by goal differential, and Mexico's back in 4th with 9 points. Everybody has 4 games left to play, and here's the remaining schedule for the US:

vs. El Savador @ Rio Tinto Stadium (9/5/09)

@ Trinidad & Tobago (9/9/09)

@ Honduras (Who scares the :censored: out of me now.) (10/10/09)

vs. Costa Rica @ RFK Stadium (10/14/09)

The USMNT has GOT to take care of business against El Salvador & T&T, because going to Honduras is probably going to suck ass, and unless Costa Rica are the Seattle Sounders of CONCACAF (godly on FieldTurf, crappy on grass), that's gonna be a fight as well. USMNT had better hope that they qualify straight out of this group, because they damn sure don't wanna have to possibly face a COMMEBOL team to qualify for South Africa. These last few games are going to be exciting.

Fixed it for you.

Consider that Costa Rica, Honduras, the United States, and Mexico are a combined 12-0-0 at home. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up to be 20-0-0, which means it's a game of what can you get in San Salvador and Port of Spain. Costa Rica got 3 in Port of Spain, Honduras 1 in Port of Spain, USA 1 in Sal Salvador, Mexico 0 in San Salvador.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived