This is the Favre that never ends

Bleujayone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me on this one, Brett isn't going away.

Even IF the Vikes are serious about not wanting anything to do him, he'll just move on and screw up another team's off-season.

6uXNWAo.png

Trust me on this one, Brett isn't going away.

Even if the Vikes are serious about not wanting anything to do him, he'll just move on and screw up another team's off-season.

Yeah but if the Queens arent going to play Bretball anymore,and i doubt thats the case but im just goin with the news here,the only other team he could have 2 opportunities to "stick it to Ted with" would be the Lions,and do they really wanna go there :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Even IF the Vikes are serious about not wanting anything to do him, he'll just move on and screw up another team's off-season.

No way.

There are three reasons he wants to go to Minnesota:

1. They are a legitimate Super-Bowl contender with all the pieces except a quarterback;
  2. They run the same West Coast offense that he knew in Green Bay; and
  3. He has the opportunity to stick it to the Packers three times (twice on the field, once when he wins the division and keeps Green Bay out of the playoffs).

There's no indication that he's interested in playing football for its own sake. He's out for revenge. The Vikings are his perfect storm - if they don't take him for whatever reason, he's done.

Report: Favre has already signed with Vikings

LINK

Brett Favre?s agent denied a report Sunday that his client is already under contract with the Minnesota Vikings.

Profootballtalk.com ? which was recently acquired by NBCsports.com ? reported earlier Sunday through unnamed sources that the Vikings have already signed the quarterback and are just waiting for the right time to announce the contract.

But when Favre?s agent, Bus Cook, was reached by both the St. Paul Pioneer Press and the Minneapolis Star Tribune later Sunday, he denied the report, saying the two sides have not signed a contract.

Profootballtalk.com said that an officer with the U.S. military serving in Afghanistan tipped the Web site. Another unnamed source later said it would not deny the report.

The report also stated that the Vikings have authorized Reebok to begin making Favre jerseys bearing the No. 4.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Found on e-bay today:

Favre.jpg

-Dan

Bootleg. The block numbers on actual Vikings jerseys have unnecessarily rounded corners.

Anyway, it's nice to have the denouement of Brett Favre semi-officially underway. 10, possibly 11 games in domes this season, Brett. Have fun with that. As a Packers fan, I'm sure I will.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's the thing if Favre does decide to come back with the Vikings even if it's not to step right in and start throwing but I don't care who you are if you want to play this season you should be at the OTA's and Training Camp and in this case your in there to learn the Offense talk to the Receivers, O-Line and Coaches because in the long run that will decide whether the Vikings succeed with Favre or Succeed with Rosenfels.

I never thought I'd read that.

I'm pretty sure Favre signed the contract when the Vikings went down to Mississippi a few weeks ago.

Here's the thing if Favre does decide to come back with the Vikings even if it's not to step right in and start throwing but I don't care who you are if you want to play this season you should be at the OTA's and Training Camp and in this case your in there to learn the Offense talk to the Receivers, O-Line and Coaches because in the long run that will decide whether the Vikings succeed with Favre or Succeed with Rosenfels.

I never thought I'd read that.

It's capitalized, so I'm pretty sure it's the followup to Tuesdays With Morrie.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So for the 2nd straight season, Favre retires after the season only to come back before the next season even starts. Can you even call that a retirement?

So for the 2nd straight season, Favre retires after the season only to come back before the next season even starts. Can you even call that a retirement?

If anything, at least Brett didn't hold the Jets hostage well into the summer like he did with Green Bay year in and year out. I will give him that.

Nonetheless, I hope he fails miserably in Minnesota.

6uXNWAo.png

If anything, at least Brett didn't hold the Jets hostage well into the summer like he did with Green Bay year in and year out. I will give him that.

Nonetheless, I hope he fails miserably in Minnesota.

He didn't hold them hostage, but he certainly got them to release him (and I am only speculating here) under false pretenses. He knew all along that he wanted to play and that he wanted to play in Minnesota.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

All of which now leads to this question: when Brat finally does hang it up (which might not be until 2012 at the rate he's going--and I list that year for a very good reason)...what does the town of Green Bay do with all the memorabilia that bears his name--that is, assuming that any memorabilia still does bear his name? Are there any streets or statues named after him up there? If somehow he gets elected into the Hall of Fame, will he go in as a Packer? Will the fanbase even let him?

I know if I was a cheesehead, I'da long been done eradicated him from my memory. Crying shame watching this primadonna completely destroy the "legacy" (and I use that term loosely) he built in Green bay...all in the name of spite and revenge.

Po' lil' tink-tink...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ah, I think we'll have largely gotten over it by then. Wisconsinites don't tend to hold grudges.

Will it ever be the same? No. He's spit on the fans enough that he's lost the special place in our hearts he once occupied. But time heals all wounds, and if we can't forget we'll eventually forgive.

But if I were a Packer fan, and he shows up in a VIKINGS uniform in Lambeau, I would be hot.

I cannot speak for Pack fans, but as Twins fan, I was very forgiving of any key player to the '87 or '91 titles bolting because I so appreciated the titles--Viola the Met, Knoblauch the Yank, and Jack Morris, who signed with Toronto before the champagne went flat.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived