Mets thinking change?

cmm

ahh gorgeous. all they would need to do is make them button-downs and use blue cleats, and you'd have the perfect Mets look in my books.

It's called 1991 & 1992 :P ]

well don't i look bad. i was only 6 years old, give me a break. haha.

Yeah, I was that age too... :P

touché.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does someone have or can someone find the blue and road version of this jersey

There were two versions of the blue jersey...one was white with orange trim and the other was orange with white trim:

b71f_1.JPG0d08_1.JPG

There was also a batting practice jersey with the NY logo on the chest:

ea_1_b.JPG

As for the survey suggestions, the "A" one in the blue alternate photo would look great...

Ah yes, the Mets uniform....A subject near and dear to my heart (as everybody else here).......I'm a fan since '69........A few bullet points as many of the points have already been made

- Mets need to go back to the pinstripes & blue cap at home, period. The snow white is okay occasionally, that's it. No more black, no more blue & black cap.

- Back to gray on the road. Blue cap only. Wore it at Yankee Stadium last year for a game, fabulous. No more black, no more blue & black cap.

- No more of the drop shadow fonts on the lettering & numbers. Back to original. Someone else said it here - how great did Tom Seaver look throwing out the last pitch at Shea & first at Citi Field?

- That stuff with the panels is downright goofy. So are some of the other suggestions. Don't tell me about unique.

- Blue top alternate wouldn't be awful occasionally, but I don't trust ownership. Would end up like the black, worn almost half the time.

- They got rid of the "New York" black tops this year, now wear "Mets" in black on the road, making a bad thing even worse.

- This "they can't wear pinstripes 'cause the Yankees do" is for the birds. Get a grip.

- Put the NY back in the city skyline logo. Don't know why it was taken out in the first place.

- The racing stripes from '83 through '93 were not good. Don't even think about bringing them back.

- The names on back could go as far as I'm concerned. I know, I'm a dinosaur. Thanks and aloha.

Does someone have or can someone find the blue and road version of this jersey

There were two versions of the blue jersey...one was white with orange trim and the other was orange with white trim:

b71f_1.JPG0d08_1.JPG

There was also a batting practice jersey with the NY logo on the chest:

ea_1_b.JPG

As for the survey suggestions, the "A" one in the blue alternate photo would look great...

i like the orange script better

Mets, Jets, Islanders

The Orange script was home, white road

Are you sure the orange script wasn't just for BP while the white script was the only blue game-uni they had in the early 80's?

If I recall correctly they were both BP only occasionally up until 1984 they wore Blue on the road, but the white script was typical road BP/ST and the orange was home BP/ST

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

- Put the NY back in the city skyline logo. Don't know why it was taken out in the first place.

Probably because it looked like it was sloppily tacked on as an afterthought.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You are correct...from the Uni Watch archives:

Uni Watch: Mets Concede

I think I saw the old logo with the NY on the on-deck circle at Dodger Stadium the last two nights, 10 years after it got the axe.

Ah yes, the Mets uniform....A subject near and dear to my heart (as everybody else here).......I'm a fan since '69........A few bullet points as many of the points have already been made

- Mets need to go back to the pinstripes & blue cap at home, period. The snow white is okay occasionally, that's it. No more black, no more blue & black cap.

- Back to gray on the road. Blue cap only. Wore it at Yankee Stadium last year for a game, fabulous. No more black, no more blue & black cap.

- No more of the drop shadow fonts on the lettering & numbers. Back to original. Someone else said it here - how great did Tom Seaver look throwing out the last pitch at Shea & first at Citi Field?

- That stuff with the panels is downright goofy. So are some of the other suggestions. Don't tell me about unique.

- Blue top alternate wouldn't be awful occasionally, but I don't trust ownership. Would end up like the black, worn almost half the time.

- They got rid of the "New York" black tops this year, now wear "Mets" in black on the road, making a bad thing even worse.

- This "they can't wear pinstripes 'cause the Yankees do" is for the birds. Get a grip.

- The racing stripes from '83 through '93 were not good. Don't even think about bringing them back.

- The names on back could go as far as I'm concerned. I know, I'm a dinosaur. Thanks and aloha.

AMEN, brother! amen!

sig2024.png

Here is my idea for an alternate jersey. I had this made up from a replica fashion jersey the Mets were selling last year:

SanAlt1.jpgSanAlt2.jpg

Thank You!

I've been saying for years instead of black that they just just replace it with a blue alternate similar to the B-Mets uniforms.

That's EXACTLY what it should look like.

Nice work. :trophy:

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Orange script was home, white road

Are you sure the orange script wasn't just for BP while the white script was the only blue game-uni they had in the early 80's?

If I recall correctly they were both BP only occasionally up until 1984 they wore Blue on the road, but the white script was typical road BP/ST and the orange was home BP/ST

Nope, the orange script was the home BP, and the one with the "NY" in grey was a road BP. The grey script was the road alternate they wore in the early 80's.

I still have a Mookie Wilson replica BP they gave out at jersey day circa 1983.

You are correct...from the Uni Watch archives:

Uni Watch: Mets Concede

I think I saw the old logo with the NY on the on-deck circle at Dodger Stadium the last two nights, 10 years after it got the axe.

Yeah, I went to the Mets-Dodgers game on Monday and the on-deck circle Mets logo definitely still had the stick-font "NY" in it.

I posted a review of the potential new looks (thanks to Wally1912 for saving the images from the survey):

http://sheahey.blogspot.com/2009/05/dedica...of-fashion.html

Uniform_Blu_7.jpg

I invented those 3 years ago - except for the orange piping

mets-bluewwhite.jpg

I think saying you "invented" them is going a bit far; I think anyone (including yours truly) that has tinkered with the Mets' look has arrived at that or a very similar color combo on a blue jersey. Yours aren't the same either, you reversed the black and orange trim.

Those are terrible

Personally, I love the black uni's. Hate the color orange and wish they'd figure out a way to get rid of orange altogether.

Yes, because that makes more sense than ditching a color so obviously added for the sake of a trend, but, rather, to ditch the secondary color they've had their entire existence, which plays to, not only 2 colors of previous NY teams, but also the colors of the city itself.

But, we must appeal what's cool, so ditch the orange and make the Mets a muddled black and blue team. Would play to how they look come September...

Maybe you're on to something here...

(And judging from your second post there, you're not one to put much thought into your posts, and probably will not be a valuable member, er, just member, here for very long.)

Archived