Arizona St. throwbacks?

BJBerthiaume

I was watching the Texas-Arizona St. game Tuesday, and it appered that Arizona St. was wearing throwback uniforms. I don't have any pics, but they were wearing gold hats with the interlocking AS being maroon. They were also wearing pullover jerseys, and all of the players were wearing stirrups. I found it downright gorgeous. But anyways, these were throwbacks right? If anybody has any pics, that would be great.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I turned on the tv this morning to find those on the screen and damn near passed out.

Freaking gorgeous.

Bravo ASU. Bravo.

It's too bad we probably won't see them the rest of the CWS with the way that game went.

Such a shame...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I was watching the Texas-Arizona St. game Tuesday, and it appered that Arizona St. was wearing throwback uniforms. I don't have any pics, but they were wearing gold hats with the interlocking AS being maroon. They were also wearing pullover jerseys, and all of the players were wearing stirrups. I found it downright gorgeous. But anyways, these were throwbacks right? If anybody has any pics, that would be great.

They wore them last season and they mimic the teams of the 80's, so I guess you can call them throwbacks. Stanford still wears pullovers as well.

these aren't really throw-backs... They have been wearing these every year for at least 5-6 years. That is as far back as I have seen them. I am not sure if they have had them nonstop or they were brought back some at some time.

All I know is these look great. I came home from the gym and my little brother was watching the game and I immediately said, "ASU looks gooooooood." I love the colors, and how they are used here. Maroon cap logo, jersey, and stirrups...Gold cap, jersey wordmark/numbers/trim, and stockings...and White pants, jersey trim, and cleats. Everything looks like it goes together very well.

Beautiful.

Really? Those look pretty dated and awful.

I don't get it either. I hate the dated look of stirrups, also the pullover. It also looks like they are wearing some type of fashion hat...but that's just my .02.

KISSwall09.jpg

Not big on the pullover, but I do like the yellow hat with the maroon jersey. Maybe more teams should have a lighter hat for their alts, like a yellow hat for the Pirates black alts, or teal for the Mariners navy.

and blue for the Blue Jays.

6fQjS3M.png

It's a throwback for us oldsters, and we get nostalgic seeing them. Makes us think of younger times. I hated powder-blue uniforms as a kid, rejoiced when they went away in the early 1990s, but now I don't mind seeing the Blue Jays break them out on home Fridays.

I like those ASU throwbacks in moderation, and I'm glad I've seen them the last couple of years on a periodic basis. But I'm not sure I would want to see them every night again, circa 1981.

They look good in an every-once-in-a-while novelty sort of way. My only gripe is that the more they wear this, the less they wear the best uniforms in NCAA baseball. Not that there's a whole lot of competition for that title. College baseball uniforms are, as a whole, a total mess.

Archived