NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

New Hornets jerseys unveiled later today.

They're basically the old Jazz colours. Purple front, green back, yellow side panels with intricate :censored: in them, yellow-on-green "NOLA" and numbers. They make the 90's Cavs & Pistons jerseys look nice.

They've already been leaked (again, not posting them here. Don't want to piss off the NBA), just do a search for Hornets Mardi Gras unis or something.

From what I'm told, they'll be worn 4 times this year at home.

Hey at least they are better than the NOLA All-Star jerseys...not by much though.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The version I've seen has patterned piping. The resolution on the pic I saw wasn't good; is the piping intended to represent beads? <_<

They are not beads it looks like a French Quarter-esque inspired design. I don't know if there's a specific name for the pattern or not?!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I wish they werent different colors on the front and back, but other than that, theyre pretty cool

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Those...are not awful. They aren't great, but I don't feel nauseous. Let's hope they don't wear these against the Lakers. Yellow w/ big Purple sidepanels vs. Half Purple/Half Teal with big Yellow sidepanels. Could get ugly and confusing.

...it's interesting!

Hornets should've stuck with Mardi Gras colors (though not in THIS form). Their redesign was terribly done. This would be a fun little one-shot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Considering it's inspired by Mardi Gras...pretty damn cool. I mean, yeah it's ridiculous but at the same time, what about Mardi Gras ISN'T ridiculous? Yeah, I could see this being a huge hit down there in the Gulf come next Mardi Gras. Reminds me of when the ECHL Mississippi Sea Wolves appeared in a parade with their Mardi Gras jerseys on, with the Sea Wolf in the crest wearing beads. It was goofy looking but it was awesome because that's what Mardi Gras is all about: Goofy nonsense and chicks flashing people.

So yeah, I actually dig it.

Archived