NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes me want to hurl. Those are hideous.

yeah not a fan...could have been better IMO...like the side panel design but the rest...mehh!

Then again these are not full-time alternates those are coming next year (hopefully). I can bare with these for four games a year.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

That's just a sad picture when you realize that if worn properly the Cavs' primary set is one of the NBA's best.

Agreed, and I'm gonna add the (sad that I have to do this) primary alt to that as well. That alt is easily one of the top, if not the top, uniforms in basketball. If they stuck to that, they'd look GREAT. But nope, gotta make that money off of LBJ by bringing in 80 alt jerseys for them to wear. Shame.

4ednbbjjasnibh2o18dfdjhtg.gif

I mean, just stick to a good thing, Cavs.

That's just a sad picture when you realize that if worn properly the Cavs' primary set is one of the NBA's best.

Agreed, and I'm gonna add the (sad that I have to do this) primary alt to that as well. That alt is easily one of the top, if not the top, uniforms in basketball. If they stuck to that, they'd look GREAT. But nope, gotta make that money off of LBJ by bringing in 80 alt jerseys for them to wear. Shame.

i dont know about that alt. I do agree that the primary home and away uniforms are great, and that they dont wear them enough. However, in the years building up to their current mess of inconsistency, the cavs wore this alternate WAY too many times, and it kinda ruined for me. Which is a shame, becuase it is a nice jersey, but i feel that is would be a VERY nice jersey if they wore it once in a while, but they still wear it too much.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

i dont know about that alt. I do agree that the primary home and away uniforms are great, and that they dont wear them enough. However, in the years building up to their current mess of inconsistency, the cavs wore this alternate WAY too many times, and it kinda ruined for me. Which is a shame, becuase it is a nice jersey, but i feel that is would be a VERY nice jersey if they wore it once in a while, but they still wear it too much.

Agreed, it?s over used!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Having a navy blue segment of a stripe next to a full navy blue stripe on a navy blue jersey is really stupid. The way the wine and gold pieces of the striping are (ladies and gentlemen we are) floating in space is such an obviously poor idea that I can't believe they went through with it. Wasn't there some convoluted rationale behind this jersey? That it honors some old Cavaliers set that had wine and gold alternating stripes while also honoring the '80s Cavs who wore blue but not this shade of blue and were kinda good but always lost to eminently superior teams in the conference? Anyway, it's ugly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not a fan of the goofy "try to be menacing" Cleveland wordmark, or the impact number font, but I've always loved the design of that uniform. The broken up stripes are fantastic. It's sad that when I think of LeBron, I don't just instantly picture him in any one uniform, like I do with Michael, Magic, etc. There's no "LeBron-era" uniform - there's around 12 of them. Guess it doesn't matter anyway, since he likely won't be wearing any of their uniforms next season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The numerals the Cavaliers use (quite a few others use it as well for either their numerals and lettering) are from the Haettenschweiler font, not Impact.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 3 months later...

Archived