2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which bowl will USC go to?

Probably the good ole Pacific Life Holiday Bowl but ESPN has them in the Sun Bowl against Oklahoma of all teams oh how the mighty have fallen but they'll be back.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I will laugh my ass off if USC and OU are playing in the damn Sun Bowl. Then again, that will probably be the biggest Sun Bowl in history so it won't be a complete disappointment. But still, wow, that's a Christmas vacation bowl, foreign territory for those guys.

I will laugh my ass off if USC and OU are playing in the damn Sun Bowl. Then again, that will probably be the biggest Sun Bowl in history so it won't be a complete disappointment. But still, wow, that's a Christmas vacation bowl, foreign territory for those guys.

If someone had told me at the beginning of this season that Ohio State would be going to The Rose Bowl and that USC - Oklahoma was a serious possibility for The Sun Bowl I would have said "you sound just like Will Morris."

Honest to God, I figured if Ohio State made The Outback Bowl this would be a pretty good season. A trip to the Capital One Bowl would have exceeded my expectations. How Ohio State managed a Rose Bowl bid without an offense is a mystery to me. I figured this was Penn State's year to win the Big Ten and The Buckeyes would be battling either Michigan State, Iowa, or Wisconsin for second. Especially after barely beating Navy and losing to USC. But hey, I'll take a 5th straight Big Ten title. It's a total gift but it still counts right?

BB52Big.jpg

I've watched almost all of Florida's & Alabama's games this year. Alabama is CLEARLY the better team, IMO. I'd seriously bet all of the money in the world on Alabama avenging their loss in the SEC Championship last season. Florida's good, returned almost everybody, but amazingly they've regressed while Alabama has gotten better & been more impressive, IMO.

I am already looking forward to Alabama-Texas in Pasadena.

I'm not so convinced that Alabama's clearly the better team just yet.

I think they'll beat Florida in three weeks, but I wouldn't put money on it. (It's foolish to put money on the performance of 18-22 year old kids to begin with....) Both teams have stout defenses and have offenses that have struggled at times. I trust Florida's offense just a little more than I do Alabama's right now.

If someone had told me at the beginning of this season that Ohio State would be going to The Rose Bowl and that USC - Oklahoma was a serious possibility for The Sun Bowl I would have said "you sound just like Will Morris."

Honest to God, I figured if Ohio State made The Outback Bowl this would be a pretty good season. A trip to the Capital One Bowl would have exceeded my expectations. How Ohio State managed a Rose Bowl bid without an offense is a mystery to me. I figured this was Penn State's year to win the Big Ten and The Buckeyes would be battling either Michigan State, Iowa, or Wisconsin for second. Especially after barely beating Navy and losing to USC. But hey, I'll take a 5th straight Big Ten title. It's a total gift but it still counts right?

I have these lines that if I coached, I would totally tell my players. One of my favorites is, "Men, sometimes you don't need to be good. You just need to be better than everyone else." It makes some sense, doesn't it? Plus, it just sounds like some sh** that a coach would say.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with the Sunday night games? I thought that was strictly reserved for the NFL. I know Arizona State and Oregon is just a re-air of last night's game, but East Carolina and Tulsa played live. I've noticed this the last few weeks, but I don't remember seeing this earlier in the season...I don't have a problem with it, really. I'm gonna watch the NFL game 999 times out of, well, 999, but it surprises me that the NFL and NCAA would go "head-to-head" like that.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I have these lines that if I coached, I would totally tell my players. One of my favorites is, "Men, sometimes you don't need to be good. You just need to be better than everyone else." It makes some sense, doesn't it? Plus, it just sounds like some sh** that a coach would say.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with the Sunday night games? I thought that was strictly reserved for the NFL. I know Arizona State and Oregon is just a re-air of last night's game, but East Carolina and Tulsa played live. I've noticed this the last few weeks, but I don't remember seeing this earlier in the season...I don't have a problem with it, really. I'm gonna watch the NFL game 999 times out of, well, 999, but it surprises me that the NFL and NCAA would go "head-to-head" like that.

I'm pretty sure they've been doing the Sunday Night NCAA games since ESPN lost it's Sunday Night Football coverage and this was just to make up the time slot with more football. These games really only C-USA teams or WAC teams so ESPN pretty much knows that the ratings won't be that great.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Things in Lawrence have spiraled out of control very quickly.

It is rumored that Jabba the Hutt Mangino could be sacked before the week is out. I guess he actually did try to eat a player.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It is rumored that Jabba the Hutt Mangino could be sacked before the week is out. I guess he actually did try to eat a player.

obviously, the players quit on him and he "possibly" took it out on a player or two. Reesing was pulled, and he's talking since he done with the program.

I gotta say, Kansas would be dumb to fire Mangino. Kansas has been to 12 Bowl Games in school history. Mangino sent them to 4 and won an Orange Bowl there. I say if you do that at a place like Kansas, you get amnesty for life. Even if he eats a kid, he should have job security for life at Kansas after that Orange Bowl win.

No seriously, it has to be REALLY bad if they're gonna fire the most successful coach that they've had since forever ago.

obviously, the players quit on him and he "possibly" took it out on a player or two. Reesing was pulled, and he's talking since he done with the program.

I gotta say, Kansas would be dumb to fire Mangino. Kansas has been to 12 Bowl Games in school history. Mangino sent them to 4 and won an Orange Bowl there. I say if you do that at a place like Kansas, you get amnesty for life. Even if he eats a kid, he should have job security for life at Kansas after that Orange Bowl win.

No seriously, it has to be REALLY bad if they're gonna fire the most successful coach that they've had since forever ago.

Indeed. If they want to fire their first coach to beat Nebraska since the LBJ administration, well this Cornhusker fan isn't going to stop them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out how to frame bust Gary Pinkel for running a coke ring.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wooh! just scored me some tickets to the: Poinsettia Bowl, Insight for sure and maybe I can get some for the Rose

You mean your family has received the tickets, and you are going. We know you did not pull this off by yourself.

Give the kid a break. Who cares how he got the tickets?

BB52Big.jpg

Indeed. If they want to fire their first coach to beat Nebraska since the LBJ administration, well this Cornhusker fan isn't going to stop them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out how to frame bust Gary Pinkel for running a coke ring.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/nov/18/probe-aims-determine-if-mangino-went-too-far/

"...according to a source with knowledge of the situation, when Mangino poked senior linebacker Arist Wright in the chest during a game or practice several weeks ago, prompting Wright later to approach athletic director Lew Perkins with concerns about the Jayhawks? eighth-year coach."

your a nebraska fan ? i wasnt aware. good to see you brother .

glossysig5.png

Uga VII's time as the Georgia mascot has come to an end after just over a year.

RIP

Judging from the fans and players on twitter, pretty big loss for the UGA football program.

Wow... I've heard that bulldogs are easily prone to such fatal issues like heart attacks, but still.

I'm sure they'll find a replacement for Uga VII real soon.

Archived