2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

“I think they should still be able to play football, regardless,” he said. “Tennessee is my place. It’s my football team.”

“Even after they put a gun in your face, you say let them play football?” 6 News asked.

“Yeah, it’s Tennessee. That’s the way it is sometimes,” Zickefoose said.

Okay, I'm sorry, but that's worthy of waaaaaaay more criticism of Terrelle Pryor's "everybody kills people" commentary.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm South Florida, I may strongly consider abandoning Thursday Night games. No good comes from them.

You got that right. The worst games the Bulls have ever played come on Thursday night nationally televised games. It's doubly terrible because that's the main impression most casual fans/poll voters get of the program.

I know West Virginia's decent and has a winning record, but is it possible for Bill Stewart to be fired anyway?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For those that care about FCS football (which I know is probably just me and the Spamster):

Appalachian is playing Elon this afternoon for the conference championship and the automatic bid into the playoffs. Elon is 8-1,6-0 with their only loss being to Wake Forest. App is 7-2,6-0 with losses to East Carolina and McNeese State. Elon, while they have a better record, have played easier teams (Davidson and Presby). Elon is favored at home this afternoon, and has given App a little bit of motivation through the media, but nothing compared to a splash page on Elon's sport homepage that congratulated their team on winning the SoCon - before they have won it, and have to beat App to get it. This was found by some App fans on Friday afternoon and sent to coaches. Rumor has it that the picture was taped on every App players hotel room last night, hopefully that is all the bulletin board material they will need.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

For those that care about FCS football (which I know is probably just me and the Spamster):

Appalachian is playing Elon this afternoon for the conference championship and the automatic bid into the playoffs. Elon is 8-1,6-0 with their only loss being to Wake Forest. App is 7-2,6-0 with losses to East Carolina and McNeese State. Elon, while they have a better record, have played easier teams (Davidson and Presby). Elon is favored at home this afternoon, and has given App a little bit of motivation through the media, but nothing compared to a splash page on Elon's sport homepage that congratulated their team on winning the SoCon - before they have won it, and have to beat App to get it. This was found by some App fans on Friday afternoon and sent to coaches. Rumor has it that the picture was taped on every App players hotel room last night, hopefully that is all the bulletin board material they will need.

Also heard about that. However, Appalachian probably will win this, BUT Elon is coming off strong after a win at Western Carolina so this one may come down to the wire...

I believe that the school that's high upon a mountain above the rest will prevail in that game, Thad - it's a university that's going places, that's working together to be the best.

The game is gonna be hot, hot, hot.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Fear not. Indiana will somehow discover a way to lose this game.

That said, Penn State should probably consider not fielding punts anymore.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Today my Ohio State Buckeyes play Iowa in a winner take all game for the right to go get smoked by the Pac-10 in The Rose Bowl. GO BUCKS!

Also, outside Ole' Miss, was there a more overrated team in College Football than Penn State this season?

BB52Big.jpg

Today my Ohio State Buckeyes play Iowa in a winner take all game for the right to go get smoked by the Pac-10 in The Rose Bowl. GO BUCKS!

Also, outside Ole' Miss, was there a more overrated team in College Football than Penn State this season?

Wasn't North Carolina supposed to take the ACC by storm this season?

And there's always Notre Dame, which will be playing in the national championship.

/Lou Holtz

---------------------------------------------------------

I seriously think I will see Bill Lynch murder a ref next Saturday. It will be awesome.

Today, we are all otaku.

Iowa?

Not Iowa how about Notre Dame that's everyone's favorite overrated team.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wasn't North Carolina supposed to take the ACC by storm this season?

And there's always Notre Dame, which will be playing in the national championship.

/Lou Holtz

That's right, UNC was supposed to have a breakout season. Notre Dame doesn't count because it's a given that they are going to be overrated every season.

Iowa?

Iowa was more of a flavor of the month surprise team. I don't recall anyone expecting Iowa to be in the mix but I could be mistaken.

BB52Big.jpg

I am off to "The Biggest Little Game in the Nation", Cortaca, GO C-STATE!

Half my hometown came up for the Cortaca and....

...they're not even going to the game, they're all staying in Cortland :therock:

Well I know many people that come up just to get wasted since it is the biggest party weekend here and at IC.

As for the game, Cortland needs to learn how to hold onto the football, turned it over 4 times today, twice in the Red Zone, and lost 23-20. Same as last year, the turnovers cost them Cortaca.

saBS.png

Archived