2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

If the SEC East and SEC West were two separate conferences, they'd be the top two conferences in college football. There is no conference that's even close.

Oh, and goodnight Irish. Game over!

It's 14-0 in the early goings of the 2nd Quarter, will. I know Navy's triple option is a beast to deal with, but to say Notre Dame is done at this point is nuts.

Oh, and can someone explain to me why everyone is slobbering over the SEC when there are only two really good teams (Florida and Alabama) and everyone else (except Vandy and Mississippi State) and just 'good' teams?

For the same reason that everyone wore parachute pants in the 80's. It's just what's fashionable right now.

I'm not knocking The SEC (an Ohio State fan would be silly to) but they aren't "lethal" from top to bottom. Their top teams are among the best out there. Their very good teams would probably compete for conference titles in some other conferences but it's not like any SEC team is a favorite over anyone besides another SEC team.

It's not so much that the SEC is head-and-shoulders above everyone else, but more that no other conference has really stepped up to challenge the SEC for conference supremacy.

The Big XII isn't as good as they were a season ago. The Pac-10 has fallen back a bit after a fast start. The ACC and Big Ten are pretty much the same as last year. The Big East has a lot of wins, but mainly against garbage opponents....that conference's biggest win is probably USF beating 4-4 Florida State. The Mountain West is top-heavy.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: by the way, Purdue just pulled off the upset in Ann Arbor.

That makes the Wolverines 1-5 in Big Ten play. Ouch.

Wow they have their work cut out for them now just to get Bowl Eligible

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

EDIT: by the way, Purdue just pulled off the upset in Ann Arbor.

That makes the Wolverines 1-5 in Big Ten play. Ouch.

A 3-6 team beating a 5-4 team is an upset? Since when?

I have to say I am floored by how easily Ohio State is handling Penn State. I never expected it but I'll damn sure take it.

BB52Big.jpg

Danielson easily noticed that Julio Jones was up against a safety...Julio Jones takes it to the house. Excellent observation.

In reality, safety play is so important in college football. Look at Michigan's safety play, that is why they give up big plays and lose.

Okay, I take back all my criticism of Alabama. Great win. Just run the table, please. The SEC officials will make sure the Gators get there undefeated. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Verne is really in bad shape. His calling of a game is not that great and CBS really does not have a NCAA ready guy in line. Honestly, I think Verne may have a stroke soon.

In terms of games, today seeing the great Barry Tompkins at Noon, Pacific was a shock. A Tompkins game is hot a "1st drink" game, but a "10th drink" game.

on the Richmond/Villanova college football game, the kicker missed the game winning field goal and I :censored: you not, the commentator said "what a bum! end this :censored:ING game already!" then started humming "the final countdown" LMAO

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

With RichRod "chasing points" at questionable times (AGAIN) and the early success Harbaugh is having at The Farm today, someone may have coached himself into a job, and someone out. now, Jim should not expect a restroom next to his office at Schembechler Hall if it not already there.

I agree with this. The game against Oregon may have opened the door for Harbaugh to go back to where he was QB in college and take Michigan to the promised land hopefully. I for one would want RichRod fired this year if he does get another losing season(sorry 5-7 doesn't cut it for me) and loses to Ohio State

Archived