2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am off to "The Biggest Little Game in the Nation", Cortaca, GO C-STATE!

Half my hometown came up for the Cortaca and....

...they're not even going to the game, they're all staying in Cortland :therock:

Well I know many people that come up just to get wasted since it is the biggest party weekend here and at IC.

As for the game, Cortland needs to learn how to hold onto the football, turned it over 4 times today, twice in the Red Zone, and lost 23-20. Same as last year, the turnovers cost them Cortaca.

I know but like wouldn't it be even better just to pregame for the football game then come back for the biggest party night of the year?

All in all though, bad day for football on the 81 corridor. That Cuse-L'ville game today set college football back a few years.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Georgia Tech clinches the ACC Coastal Division and a spot in the ACC Championship Game. Clemson looks like they will be the Atlantic Division winner as the only thing standing in their way is a visit from the Virginia Cavaliers next weekend.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Have no fear Trojan fans. You will still climb two spots in the poll regardless of what happens today. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm torn on this Ohio State - Iowa game. I don't want the team to lose but Jim Tressel deserves to lose this game. Ohio State gets the ball at the Iowa 45 after an out of bounds kick and a penalty and what does the vest do? Three straight up the middle and a missed 47 yard field goal. As soon as Ohio State started the series I told my girlfriend that Tressel was going to play for the field goal.

So as I said, it's an odd feeling to be rooting for your team while rooting against their coach. If The Bicks lose this thing it's all on Tressel and his absurd conservative play calling. :censored:-ing idiot.

Rant over. Carry on. :D

BB52Big.jpg

You all do realize that the utterly ironic punchline to this travesty of a Big XII season is that the Big XII North champion team that lost the least is going to end up beating Texas in the Big XII title game.

yare yare. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm torn on this Ohio State - Iowa game. I don't want the team to lose but Jim Tressel deserves to lose this game. Ohio State gets the ball at the Iowa 45 after an out of bounds kick and a penalty and what does the vest do? Three straight up the middle and a missed 47 yard field goal. As soon as Ohio State started the series I told my girlfriend that Tressel was going to play for the field goal.

So as I said, it's an odd feeling to be rooting for your team while rooting against their coach. If The Bicks lose this thing it's all on Tressel and his absurd conservative play calling. censored.gif-ing idiot.

Rant over. Carry on. biggrin.gif

I do this every Saturday with both ASU and Michigan, nothing new for me :P

So as I said, it's an odd feeling to be rooting for your team while rooting against their coach. If The Bicks lose this thing it's all on Tressel and his absurd conservative play calling. censored.gif-ing idiot.

Rant over. Carry on. biggrin.gif

I do this every Saturday with both ASU and Michigan, nothing new for me :P

Well at least I'm not alone. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I am off to "The Biggest Little Game in the Nation", Cortaca, GO C-STATE!

Half my hometown came up for the Cortaca and....

...they're not even going to the game, they're all staying in Cortland :therock:

Well I know many people that come up just to get wasted since it is the biggest party weekend here and at IC.

As for the game, Cortland needs to learn how to hold onto the football, turned it over 4 times today, twice in the Red Zone, and lost 23-20. Same as last year, the turnovers cost them Cortaca.

I know but like wouldn't it be even better just to pregame for the football game then come back for the biggest party night of the year?

All in all though, bad day for football on the 81 corridor. That Cuse-L'ville game today set college football back a few years.

Well, most, if not all of Cortland partied last night, and did not want to get up early to tailgate. I just got up at 11, and went right to Ithaca, nobody wants to get up at 9 to get some reasonable tailgating in.

However, if I were just visiting I would defiantly want to go to the game.

saBS.png

Well there is the 50 spot for Stanford. Another TD and they now lead USC 55-21. Most points given up by USC ever.

And the thing is except for that failed 2pt conversion attempt Stanford really hasn't been running up the score. They have ran the same play this entire 4th quarter, run up the middle. They just got 2 long TD drives off of that, the second with the scrubs in.

Well there is the 50 spot for Stanford. Another TD and they now lead USC 55-21. Most points given up by USC ever.

And the thing is except for that failed 2pt conversion attempt Stanford really hasn't been running up the score. They have ran the same play this entire 4th quarter, run up the middle. They just got 2 long TD drives off of that, the second with the scrubs in.

All of us from the south do not call it 50, just say, "half a hundred"! Switzer uses that and it stays. Now The Ohio State University may even beat the Pac-10 champ since USC is now done.

All of us from the south do not call it 50, just say, "half a hundred"! Switzer uses that and it stays. Now The Ohio State University may even beat the Pac-10 champ since USC is now done.

Let's not get carried away here.

BB52Big.jpg

Iowa basically killed themselves in their last two games. If that's how they end up losing out on a potential BCS berth, then that's gonna sting for a while. Again, they went from being a shoo-in for the BCS and if things shook out right a BCS title berth to now probably ending up in the Outback or Capital One Bowl. And look at Ohio State, Big 10 Champions for the 5th straight year. Maybe they'll do something with it this year? Maybe if they catch anybody but Oregon in the Rose Bowl. If they draw Oregon, it's dumptruck time.

Now The Ohio State University may even beat the Pac-10 champ since USC is now done.

I don't think Ohio State is that good...no matter who the Pac-10 champ is when it's all said and done.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived