2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

I hope T. Boone Pickens didn't already rent a suite or ten in the Fiesta Bowl.

My...Dan Hawkins sucks, doesn't he.

This game has just gone plain stupid.

Final score Oklahoma State 31, Colorado 28.

The Cowboys may very well lose next week.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, how I miss the Michigan - Ohio State arguments that usually lead up to The Game. I am really looking forward to the game. I am not extremely optimistic this year, but there is always hope. Brandon Graham is going to have to get to Pryor in about 2 seconds if they are going to keep the Buckeyes from torching their secondary. I think Wisconsin used one pass play from their playbook, and it worked every time. The good thing, though, is that Pryor isn't the most accurate guy. As wide open as Michigan has been letting opposing receivers get, that may not matter. Hopefully they will somehow find a way to pull this out, especially for RichRod's sake. I have seen some people (obviously not TRUE fans) on message boards saying they hope Michigan loses so RR is fired. Not the majority or anything, but I am getting sick of these people. If you are a Michigan fan, you support whoever coaches for, plays for, or represents the team in any way. Anybody trying to make things tough for him needs to get out. The worst thing would be if Michigan is playing bad, and there are a lot of those type of fans at the Big House. There are a ton of recruits visiting for the game, and the last thing Michigan needs is a terrible environment at the biggest game of the year.

GO BLUE!

MegatronSig2.jpg

Oh, how I miss the Michigan - Ohio State arguments that usually lead up to The Game. I am really looking forward to the game. I am not extremely optimistic this year, but there is always hope. Brandon Graham is going to have to get to Pryor in about 2 seconds if they are going to keep the Buckeyes from torching their secondary. I think Wisconsin used one pass play from their playbook, and it worked every time. The good thing, though, is that Pryor isn't the most accurate guy. As wide open as Michigan has been letting opposing receivers get, that may not matter. Hopefully they will somehow find a way to pull this out, especially for RichRod's sake. I have seen some people (obviously not TRUE fans) on message boards saying they hope Michigan loses so RR is fired. Not the majority or anything, but I am getting sick of these people. If you are a Michigan fan, you support whoever coaches for, plays for, or represents the team in any way. Anybody trying to make things tough for him needs to get out. The worst thing would be if Michigan is playing bad, and there are a lot of those type of fans at the Big House. There are a ton of recruits visiting for the game, and the last thing Michigan needs is a terrible environment at the biggest game of the year.

GO BLUE!

No kidding. Has Ohio State - Michigan week ever been this uneventful? Don't get me wrong, I like beating hell out of you guys but I have to admit that it's much more fun to win if both teams are good.

Good luck today and

GO BUCKS!

BB52Big.jpg

Is there a bigger ham in college football than Tate Forcier? He is constantly playing to the cameras. Don't believe me? Just watch how he does every "tough guy leader" move in the book after every play. I think this kid watched too much NFL Films in his youth. Seriously, look for it. You'll see what I mean. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I am definitively not a Michigan fan (go MSU!) but Rich Rod has to go for the following reasons:

• Questions of Character. Ever since he got to Ann Arbor, there has been some question about his activites like business interests, completely screwing over WV and PracticeGate
  • The record 8-16
  • The record aganist rivals: MSU 0-2, OSU 0-2, and ND 1-1
  • Bad play calling, the fourth quarter of the OSU game is a prefect example
  • Finally, HE HAS THE BACKING OF MATT MILLAN! Yes, the man who was responsible of putting together the only 0-16 team and one of the worst 7 year spans in the history of the NFL supports Rich Rod.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I am definitively not a Michigan fan (go MSU!) but Rich Rod has to go for the following reasons:

• Questions of Character. Ever since he got to Ann Arbor, there has been some question about his activites like business interests, completely screwing over WV and PracticeGate
  • The record 8-16
  • Finally, HE HAS THE BACKING OF MATT MILLAN! Yes, the man who was responsible of putting together the only 0-16 team and one of the worst 7 year spans in the history of the NFL supports Rich Rod.

You'd think a State fan would want Rich Rod to stick around for a few years.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• The record 8-16

-Dan

You would think, but I would be prefectly happy if they were 1. MSU 2. U-M.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• The record 8-16

-Dan

You aren't a Michigan fan yet they're your second favorite team? No wonder you people can't win anything these days.

BB52Big.jpg

• The record 8-16

-Dan

You aren't a Michigan fan yet they're your second favorite team? No wonder you people can't win anything these days.

That beats... As a fan I'm not a fan.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• The record 8-16

-Dan

I never said that Michigan was my second favorite team, only that I would be prefectly fine if they were 1&2 in the polls as long as MSU kicked Michigan's ass when they went head-to-head.

• The record 8-16

-Dan

I never said that Michigan was my second favorite team, only that I would be prefectly fine if they were 1&2 in the polls as long as MSU kicked Michigan's ass when they went head-to-head.

Kudos to you then. I just don't have it in me to be OK with a team that I'm not a fan of doing well. For example; I am not a Michigan fan either. The last thing I want is for Michigan to finish #2 behind Ohio State. I much prefer beating the hell out of them and watching them go 5-7.

BB52Big.jpg

Buckeyes win 21-10. That's 6 in a row and 7 of the last 8 against Michigan. Yawn. Next stop, The Rose Bowl for our annual BCS Bowl beating.

You're just lucky that Tate Forcier woke up and decided he was going to play for the Buckeyes this morning.

Just to recap:

- Drive down inside the five yard line and come away with zero points TWICE? Check.

- Fumble the ball away untouched in your own endzone? Check.

- Decide to hit the OSU secondary in the numbers three times in the fourth quarter? Check.

Eh. It just makes me so sick inside... Outside of two pathetic drives that consisted of a constant diet of the zone-read option, the OSU offense was putrid. Offensively, the running game was tough to come by with both Brandon Minor and Carlos Brown out, though Vincent Smith looks like he has potential for a freshman.

Oh, and have fun watching Brandon Graham play on Sundays. Watch him go to the Steelers/Ravens/Patriots and become James Harrison 2.0...

• The record 8-16

[*]Questions of Character. Ever since he got to Ann Arbor, there has been some question about his activites like business interests, completely screwing over WV and PracticeGate

How much of that was really his fault? WV screwed themselves over just as much as RR did. And PracticeGate? Completely blown out of proportion by a disgruntled player and a newspaper with an anti-RR agenda.

[*]The record 8-16

I'll blame him for half those losses. But anytime you have Nick Sheridan as your QB, then I'll give you a free pass for those games. (And Tate Forcier for today's game... eh.)

[*]The record aganist rivals: MSU 0-2, OSU 0-2, and ND 1-1

Again, I can't blame him for a most of those losses. This is the most talent depraved Michigan has been in a long time. He had no shot @OSU last year. @ND and today's game were lost due to poor player execution and turnovers

[*]Bad play calling, the fourth quarter of the OSU game is a prefect example

Biggest fault here in my opinion. Run on first down. Screen on second. Pass on third (Which usually becomes a scramble). Also the constant subbing at QB has to stop. You want to put Denard at QB? Keep him in for a whole drive. Don't put him in for 2 plays and take him out. He also didn't do a single trick play the whole season involving Denard, which was a waste in my book. At least let him run the WIldcat or SOMETHING

[*]Finally, HE HAS THE BACKING OF MATT MILLAN! Yes, the man who was responsible of putting together the only 0-16 team and one of the worst 7 year spans in the history of the NFL supports Rich Rod.

:censored: you Millen. You think this guy has an amazing skill set? Well I don't believe you... Great job of evaluating talent from your house in Pennsylvania.

I'm not ready to give up on Tate Forcier or Rich Rodriguez yet... But I do think they need an 8/9 win season, plus beating two out of the three main rivals (ND, MSU, OSU) next year to keep my faith in this direction. The team is very young still, give them a full year of maturing (hopefully by then Tate will have figured out that he's not Brett Favre back there or Denard will learn how to throw the football... Can Devin Gardner get here any faster?)

But on the small chance that there is a coaching move made, they better bring in another spread-based coach (Brian Kelly anyone?) who can take the pieces RR has under him now and build-off it. Going from the pro-set, to the spread, back to the pro-set would be disastrous in both the short term and the long-term.

Archived