2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Well there is the 50 spot for Stanford. Another TD and they now lead USC 55-21. Most points given up by USC ever.

And the thing is except for that failed 2pt conversion attempt Stanford really hasn't been running up the score. They have ran the same play this entire 4th quarter, run up the middle. They just got 2 long TD drives off of that, the second with the scrubs in.

All of us from the south do not call it 50, just say, "half a hundred"! Switzer uses that and it stays. Now The Ohio State University may even beat the Pac-10 champ since USC is now done.

Well I'm not from down south so I say 50.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now The Ohio State University may even beat the Pac-10 champ since USC is now done.

I don't think Ohio State is that good...no matter who the Pac-10 champ is when it's all said and done.

If Arizona wins out, and they have the knowledge on how to beat both SC and Oregon, it ccould occur. Sweater vest with time can beat all non-SEC teams. :grin:

How many mics does a referee need to have in front him for an overtime coin flip?

At least 20 by the looks of it. But seriously, my guess is those mics are for ABC and both team's radio networks.

Do these same 20 folks trot out onto the field each time the ref makes a call on a penalty?

Now The Ohio State University may even beat the Pac-10 champ since USC is now done.

I don't think Ohio State is that good...no matter who the Pac-10 champ is when it's all said and done.

If Arizona wins out, and they have the knowledge on how to beat both SC and Oregon, it ccould occur. Sweater vest with time can beat all non-SEC teams. :grin:

If Sweater Vest had an above-average quarterback this year, I'd agree. I'm hoping 'Zona wins out, and if they do, it seems like they would have to be the favorite.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How many mics does a referee need to have in front him for an overtime coin flip?

At least 20 by the looks of it. But seriously, my guess is those mics are for ABC and both team's radio networks.

Do these same 20 folks trot out onto the field each time the ref makes a call on a penalty?

No, which is why the whole thing is as silly as it is. I guess it's simply because they are allowed on the field for a coin toss so they go. It's pointless. Then again, if the ref's mic doesn't work the broadcasts will still pick him up. Who knows dude? It's radio and TV. I've worked in one or the other for the last 19 years. All I can tell you is that there is an unbelievable amount of stupid behavior in both industries.

BB52Big.jpg

This year's incarnation of the Pac 10 is reminding me of the Top 25 from a couple of years ago: NOBODY wants to win that thing. Arizona just lost to California, which MAYBE could open the door for the Ducks to make some hay later tonight.

This year's incarnation of the Pac 10 is reminding me of the Top 25 from a couple of years ago: NOBODY wants to win that thing. Arizona just lost to California, which MAYBE could open the door for the Ducks to make some hay later tonight.

It's because they all fear The Buckeyes! Once word was out that we were headed to Pasadena for The Rose Bowl every Pac-10 team started quaking in their cleats. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Pac-10 just declines their Rose Bowl bid to spare themselves the embarrassment of getting blown out by The Buckeyes.

Now I'll wait to see how many people think I was actually serious with this. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Does anybody know how far down the BCS rankings go? Do all 120 FBS teams get a BCS average each week? I'd be interested in seeing the complete ranking table if such a thing even exists or is made available.

Failing that, is CBS the only website that has a weekly ranking of all 120?

You all do realize that the utterly ironic punchline to this travesty of a Big XII season is that the Big XII North champion team that lost the least is going to end up beating Texas in the Big XII title game.

yare yare. :rolleyes:

so that would be nebraska :P

Assuming they beat Kansas State.

See also the Big XII North. Shoot....Iowa State beat Colorado, Missouri beat now former division leader K-State, and Nebraska was trailing Kansas late in the 4th.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Does anybody know how far down the BCS rankings go? Do all 120 FBS teams get a BCS average each week? I'd be interested in seeing the complete ranking table if such a thing even exists or is made available.

Failing that, is CBS the only website that has a weekly ranking of all 120?

I can't recall ever seeing BCS rankings for more than 25 teams. In the last release, some teams at the bottom had a previous weeks ranking of "0" which would lead me to believe they just stop at 25.

Also, there are several sites that rank all of the D1 teams. I usually check out College Football News as it is linked from the BCS site.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I pretty much got blasted when I said that USC had a bad defense and could lose it's last four, and would not be in the BCS. Do you believe me now?! Heck they only beat ASU 14-9 last week, and after losing to Stanford and having UCLA and Arizona on the schedule isn't exactly a cakewalk. They could be 7-5. I sure as heck hope that USC gets it's stuff in gear and blasts UCLA as I hate Rick Neuheisel who reminds me of every friggin' congressman who stands up there and blasts someone and then gets caught doing what they blast. I use to be a UCLA fan until they hired Neuheisel. Rick Neuheisel is everything I would teach my kids not to be, then again Lane Kiffin isn't far behind.

New Top 25

- USC has finally been put to rest.

- Florida's grip atop is getting looser.

- The Top 25 doesn't matter.

1 Florida (36) 10-0 1463 1

2 Alabama (14) 10-0 1429 3

3 Texas (10) 10-0 1424 2

4 TCU 10-0 1307 4

5 Cincinnati 10-0 1247 5

6 Boise State 10-0 1213 6

7 Georgia Tech 10-1 1139 7

8 Pittsburgh 9-1 1030 8

9 Ohio State 9-2 990 10

10 LSU 8-2 968 9

11 Oregon 8-2 918 14

12 Oklahoma State 8-2 754 17

13 Penn State 9-2 689 19

14 Stanford 7-3 652 25

15 Iowa 9-2 633 15

16 Virginia Tech 7-3 559 20

17 Wisconsin 8-2 547 21

18 Clemson 7-3 442 24

19 Brigham Young 8-2 344 22

20 Oregon State 7-3 338 NR

21 Miami (FL) 7-3 255 12

22 USC 7-3 223 11

23 Utah 8-2 183 16

24 Houston 8-2 149 13

25 Rutgers 7-2 145 NR

Dropped from rankings: Arizona 18, South Florida 23

Others receiving votes: North Carolina 144, Nebraska 64, California 53, Arizona 50, Mississippi 45, Navy 41, Temple 23, Auburn 9, Georgia 9, West Virginia 8, Oklahoma 5, Texas Tech 4, Boston College 3, Nevada 1,

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I've watched almost all of Florida's & Alabama's games this year. Alabama is CLEARLY the better team, IMO. I'd seriously bet all of the money in the world on Alabama avenging their loss in the SEC Championship last season. Florida's good, returned almost everybody, but amazingly they've regressed while Alabama has gotten better & been more impressive, IMO.

I am already looking forward to Alabama-Texas in Pasadena.

I've watched almost all of Florida's & Alabama's games this year. Alabama is CLEARLY the better team, IMO. I'd seriously bet all of the money in the world on Alabama avenging their loss in the SEC Championship last season. Florida's good, returned almost everybody, but amazingly they've regressed while Alabama has gotten better & been more impressive, IMO.

I am already looking forward to Alabama-Texas in Pasadena.

You know I have been thinking the same thing, and I know I may be biased but we have played all the teams Florida has, and played them better then Florida except Tennessee, and Florida still struggled against them. However, the only way we can beat Florida is if our Offense shows up like they have the past 2 weeks, if our offense plays bad, then I'm not sure if we can beat them.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

You know, whereas this seems to be the nightmare season for the BCS, with 5 teams potentially going undefeated, it seems to be a completely perfect season for an eight team playoff, which many see as the best solution. Look, eight teams are either undefeated or have one loss at this time. Perfect.

In this hypothetical scenario, however, Cincy-Pitt would likely be an elimination game for the playoff, so Ohio State, Oregon, or LSU would probably jump in.

Archived