2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Way to go Falcons!

However, Brees is looking great...granted, it's against Detroit. But he is still doing great.

Brees would get more resistance from a swift breeze then the Lions defense.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naturally in my FF league my opponent has Brees....*sigh* I have Peyton Manning & Aaron Rodgers, I imagine if you combine their total points after today it wouldn't match his total when this thing is over.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And Gus Johnson goes nuts again.....Denver gets a miraculous TD reception by Stokley.

Oh those bungling Bengals!

If there was ever a time to go bezerk on a call, that was the play you want. Play of the Decade in my book!

Oh, another thing, Adrian is in mid-season form already. Vikings special teams, not so much.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Who else thinks Josh McDaniels is already an intolerable prick raise their hands.

Okay, I've got Cutler, Marshall...anyone else?

ASIDE: Can there please be a separate thread for fantasy football talk? No one gives a :censored: about your fantasy team.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

McNabb out 2-4 weeks with cracked ribs. Took extra hits after a rushing TD, in a rout vs Carolina. 5 different QBs took snaps in this one (McNabb, Kolb, Delhomme, Josh McCown, Matt Moore).

Hope AJ Feeley's cell # hasn't been lost.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I think I'm just not meant to be happy. Last night, OSU controls and outplays USC and loses, today the Bengals control and outplay the Broncos and lose.

The game winning play was not however the play of the decade. It was a matter of people on the Cincinnati side of the ball being out of position and the wily veteran Brandon Stokely being exactly where he should've been. Chris Crocker should've stayed in his slot rather than trying to deliver a blow to Brandon Marshall. If he stays where he should and follows the ball then we're not talking about this. But again, classic Bengals football, shooting themselves in the foot for 40+ years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I knew I liked Brodie Croyle.

Those who followed this guy during his career as the Crimson Tide field general saw what those who watched this KC/BAL tilt saw back then. Dude got balls. Big ol' elephant balls. All 6'2"(ish), 180(ish) pounds of him. (This was another reason I scoffed so much at this whole Matt Cassell thing.)

Say what you want about him and the Chef's QB fortunes, but dude showed he had some guts today. For that matter, the Chefs as a whole showed they had some fight. I don't think a one of us in here came into today thinking that not only would the Chefs show up, not only would they show up and compete, not only would they show up and match the Ravens' intensity, but that they would even be in position to win the game late (which obviously didn't happen, but still...).

From what it appeared, the Raven D hasn't lost it since the departure of Rex, but, this was only the first game of the season. Still, the Chefs had to walk off that field feeling much more confident about their ability to hang tough with one of the nastiest teams in the league...and almost have a chance to pull off the W. We'll see how this translates on through the season (and when Cassel comes back), but all I know is I liked what I saw from the young KC squad.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There is one thing you are taught on defense when you have a lead late. NEVER BAT THE BALL IN THE AIR.

I know what you are saying, but he couldn't really let the ball go past him, to the waiting Broncos receiver, and was stretching so a catch would have been tough as well. In fairness to Stokley be did a good job of being in the right place. Overall though I think that the Broncos got a bit lucky at the end there.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

There is one thing you are taught on defense when you have a lead late. NEVER BAT THE BALL IN THE AIR.

I know what you are saying, but he couldn't really let the ball go past him, to the waiting Broncos receiver, and was stretching so a catch would have been tough as well. In fairness to Stokley be did a good job of being in the right place. Overall though I think that the Broncos got a bit lucky at the end there.

You knock the ball down or work to keep the receiver in bounds, time is your ally in those circumstances and unless that pass was to field goal range you cant take the chances it gets deflected up to and open receiver.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Liking the way the Jets and Giants are playing today.

Also, I think I'm the only one noticing this, but do you think the grounds crew at Giants Stadium can cover up the soccer and lacrosse lines better? For some stupid reason it's grabbing my attention whenever the ball's in the red zone :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

You knock the ball down or work to keep the receiver in bounds, time is your ally in those circumstances and unless that pass was to field goal range you cant take the chances it gets deflected up to and open receiver.

I know what you are saying, but I think that in the circumstances, given that he was stretching, (I don't think think 'bat' is necesarily a fair reflection of his action, more 'deflect') and given that the Broncos had a time out left, and probably time for only one more play, maybe two at a stretch, he was a touch unfortunate, though obviously he created the misofrtune himself. (If that makes sense).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Just for you Jigga-

THE RAMS SPECIAL TEAMS COACH IS AN UTTER :censored: ING MORON!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just turned on the Seahawks/Rams game. Wow -- the Seahawks are killing it this afternoon.

Nice run for Julius Jones, and nicer Fargo Strut. Woo!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived