WILD 3rd LEAKED

jlentz823

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I think about it, I am glad red has been left off of this jersey. It looks much sharper with just green and wheat. It looks cleaner and more professional. I would hate it if this followed the same design as the home jersey. It's good to have a unique jersey as your alt. The red jerseys are going nowhere because the fans love them and they are all over town. The white jerseys not so much so even though they are a pretty good jersey, I think the white one is going to end up changing and following the design of the current red home jersey. Too bad those numbers will be lost if they do change the white jersey...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Ever since the All Star Game, I have wanted the Wild to use those sets as their uniform. I always thought they would be a near perfect set. While I am happy they are using the design from the ASG uniforms, I don't like this at all. I don't understand why a team with one of the best logos in sports continually reduces it's presence on their uniforms. First, they put it in a circle and then completely leave it off the alternate. I am one of the ones who dislikes the red sweater, by the way.( I do own one, though). I'll reserve my final judgement until I see a better shot of this but for now, I am not a fan.

As an aside, there was a minor league team in 1982 or '83 called the Birmingham South Stars.

I hope this is the beginning of the Wild ditching the red from their set as a whole.

I wouldn't read that into it. That's a mighty big jump to make.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I hope this is the beginning of the Wild ditching the red from their set as a whole.

I wouldn't read that into it. That's a mighty big jump to make.

Yeah, I trying to figure out, at least on a subjective level, which is more popular among the respective fans--the TC hat or the red Wild jersey. Both seem to be very popular around town.

As for the script, I'm so used to seeing the cursive "Minnesota" on maroon and gold hockey jersey, it's not much of a stretch to see it in green and wheat. It goes well with the Wild's attempt to target the hockey nostalgia in the Twin Cities.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I'm liking these new ones, I am bit surprised but pleased at the restraint to use a lot of red.

I'm also shocked the primary is not at the shoulders. I think the script is nice, it's a good looking font

and has an old time feel to it, which IMO gives the jersey a vintage feel.

With that being said, the only thing that turns my crank about this, the red jersey, the 'Canes and whoever else has it (can't think off the top of my head) is that horrible yoke piping. It looks so girly and delicate, just drop it and the whole things looks better, more aggressive I think.

I made a mock up of what the template appears to be.

Many thanks for that. Here's what I would have preferred:

wild3rdrevised.png

Same front script, primary on the shoulders, and customizing done like the white road jersey - wheat lettering, 2 layer numbering - wheat outlined in red.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe the NHL should've bought the North Stars from Norm Green in order to protect their Twin Cities franchise.

Minnesota now has a law because of the North Stars situation, that the state can veto any move of a franchise, and if the State oks the franchise to move, the names and records stay in the state. The law was made mostly because the fear of losing the Twins.

LOL... making a law to restrict movement of a private franchise in a private league. Good luck with that one...

What about a law against contraction? :upside:

What's next - the state legislature has to approve any trades or free agent signings? If the government cared so much, why don't they just pass a law that their teams always have to win the championship?

That would assure that Minnesota wouldn't have any pro sports teams in 5 years. :lol: ............. :cry:

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Photo gallery's now up.

The Machine font and shoulder halo really look woefully out of place. Also, is there a thin line of red on the neck trim, or is that just the player's undershirt?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived