WILD 3rd LEAKED

jlentz823

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dig the front script, and that's about it. The complete lack of red, outside of the neck triangle, kills it for me. There really should have been some inclusion of it as an accent color. Using the primary as a shoulder patch would at least form some sort of connection to the other jerseys in this "set". The skinny shoulder trim also looks rather out of place with a jersey that is obviously designed to evoke a classic look. If the shoulder area was a contrasting color, this would be okay. But since it's just more green, it's just more of the Reebok Edge look around the shoulders. And the numbering appears to not only be single-color, it looks like it's done in Machine, the bastard stepchild of block fonts, which will send steam spouting from Spyboy's ears.

Congratulations, Minnesota. You have three uniform concepts. Now, pick one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know. The jersey is alright, I just think I'm relatively down on the Wild's whole color scheme. I love the green, but I just can't stand the red.

I think the only reason that red is hardly seen in the alternate is because it would look garish. Red pants with that all green jersey would be vomit-inducing. The regular red jerseys/green pants combo narrowly avoids that classification.

The problem , as I see it, is that I can't think of a complementary color to green that isn't already used in the NHL. Blue would seem logical, but that's already used by the Canucks. Yellow would be unique, but this is Minnesota, and those are Packers colors.

Anyway, I'm probably the only one who sees it that way, so I digress.

So-so jersey.

Oh man, that sweater's beautiful! I was a bit nervous when I heard it was going to have "Minnesota Wild" spelled out on the front, but they did it right. AWESOME job!

Now, if the Wild can have this design as their alternate, and make a white version of the red jersey for the road, they'll actually have a nice full set. As it stands, the current road looks a bit out-of-place with the overall retro look the Wild have gone for.

A white version of the red would look dumb (never mind the bad names/numbers). The current white jersey is ok, though the original version with the thicker striping was better. Plus the numbers are outstanding on that jersey.

I wonder which numbering/lettering they used for this one. It's obviously block, but that small glimpse makes me think it's not as clunky as the version on the reds.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yellow would be unique, but this is Minnesota, and those are Packers colors.

Weren't the North Stars Green and Yellow?

I like it. I like the throwback allure of the script font.

philly.png

First reaction: Man that is a beautiful jersey. Want.

Second reaction: Nitpick time. That is not the letter "M" I was expecting, and I'm not sure it works well at all. The "N"s are not connected well; too much scripty filigree there. I'm never a fan of putting more text inside the underline below script lettering. Is there another hockey team in Minnesota with whom we might confuse the wearer of this jersey? No? Then "Wild" is redundant. Needs more red. Much more red. Stripes or a yoke or even elbow pads: I kind of don't care where it appears, but this needs a touch more red.

Based on this image alone, I'm calling a B-minus, but this is still a massive Want for me.

20082614447.png

I really dig the front script, and that's about it. The complete lack of red, outside of the neck triangle, kills it for me. There really should have been some inclusion of it as an accent color. Using the primary as a shoulder patch would at least form some sort of connection to the other jerseys in this "set". The skinny shoulder trim also looks rather out of place with a jersey that is obviously designed to evoke a classic look. If the shoulder area was a contrasting color, this would be okay. But since it's just more green, it's just more of the Reebok Edge look around the shoulders. And the numbering appears to not only be single-color, it looks like it's done in Machine, the bastard stepchild of block fonts, which will send steam spouting from Spyboy's ears.

Congratulations, Minnesota. You have three uniform concepts. Now, pick one.

No point in me posting, when I can use this. I don't dig the script but the rest of the post is dead on. It definitely needs more connection to the complete team identity, i.e. more red and using the logo on the sleeve.

Now they have three templates. They should definitely make the primaries match (but I fear they'd go circle logo in both cases).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A white version of the red would look dumb (never mind the bad names/numbers). The current white jersey is ok, though the original version with the thicker striping was better. Plus the numbers are outstanding on that jersey.

Dumb as in dumber than having three different jerseys in one set? It coudn't possibly look dumber than that.

I really love the new alternate. It doesn't need alot of red to look good, it's more than fine the way it is right now. Also, it could be just the picture but that green appears a shade darker than what the Wild usually wear.

Yellow would be unique, but this is Minnesota, and those are Packers colors.

Weren't the North Stars Green and Yellow?

I like it. I like the throwback allure of the script font.

Ha! Dammit, you're right. How easily I forget. I change my mind -- it would be a brilliant move to swap out the red for yellow and make it a secondary to the green. If nothing else, it will be a symbolic move to remember the team-that-should-have-never-left. I'm going to start a campaign!

Archived