2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit, admiral, I don't care if no one else gets that, you just made me laugh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Don't like how the letters on the Giants jersey have orange trim. Seems kind of unnecessary, and the twill vs. coolbase might create some weird effects.

its not an outline, its the new crappy letters majestic uses on its replica jerseys. it actually ruined the jersey. the mets jerseys look like trash with that extra outline, especially on the pinstripe, because theres a white outline on pinstripe, and looks extremely bad. same with black jerseys, the black outline isnt the same color as the black jersey material. they basically went from having the letters be stiched in layers, to just making it a one layer patch basically, looks very cheaply made and only used as a cost saving tactic.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

What's the point of posting jerseys of people who have been traded? I thought this was to discuss actual uniform changes / modifications. Isn't there usually a separate thread for the traded players?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can they do away with the current Jays home jerseys and get new ones based off of the roads? At least try to make the new identity respectable.

Not sure if you noticed yet but Roy Halladay's departure was apparently the worst thing to happen to Canada since the torching of York.

You guys still have some souvenirs from that raid. Give 'em back, and we'll call the Halladay trade even.

With the talk about the Giants set, which I do really like in general, am I the only one that can't :censored:ing stand the gold trim?

Nope, you're not. Drives me nuts, too...

I have always thought that the Giants have a slightly confusing color-scheme:

SanFranciscoGiants_FRC_9999_SOL_SRG.png

[rant]

The Gold trim is labeled as being "Matte" Gold, but in reality, what is that anyway? It's either metallic, or it's not, and contrary to a lot of the stuff I see in Illustrator, you can't theoretically mix and match coated, matte and uncoated spot colors. You're either going to print the graphics on coated paper stock, on matte stock, or on uncoated stock.

Instead of using a matte spot color in my database (in this case, PMS 874 M), I went with PMS 874 C-V which is a coated metallic with a varnish top-coat. And yes, there are RGB values for that. Although Pantone doesn't really support coated-varnished metallics anymore.

Why didn't they just use a flat, non-metallic color for it? Why, why, why?

[/rant]

tongue.gif

Is there truth to the marlins having a new cap next season? Or are the changes just in the jerseys?

I'm pretty sure they are doing a complete overhaul with the new arena.

Since they will be the Miami Marlins, everything will have to change. The F wouldn't make sense anymore.

2ly2w09.jpg

Is there truth to the marlins having a new cap next season? Or are the changes just in the jerseys?

I'm pretty sure they are doing a complete overhaul with the new arena.

Since they will be the Miami Marlins, everything will have to change. The F wouldn't make sense anymore.

They are not doing the overhaul until they move into the new stadium (not arena) in 2012. Only changes for next season seem to be the switching from "Florida" to "Marlins" on the road jerseys and what appears to be the removal of the black alternate jerseys, which is odd since it seemed to be the one worn the most. Unless they're doing like the Cubs did a few years ago and remove it for the very reason.

Again, I present these as an alternative that keeps the black....

NYMetsset.png

Good start, but it doesn't solve the problem of the muddied wordmarks. You need to ditch that black, as well.

i dont mind the black dropshadow... i think just about everyone agrees that the white/cream and gray jerseys need to have a blue cap all the time. that simple change would make a world or difference without changing the design one bit. black jereys/cap combo are ok once in a while, but save the black caps for that.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived