2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Wouldn't introducing a person who only knows how to get into trouble to a town in which that is the only thing to do be a bad influence on the young players?

He's won a cup and a gold medeal and if he can teach the players not to make the same mistakesm and just enjoy the game the way he seems to be doing now I think that would be a positive influence around the dressing room.

Do we have any prior evidence of positive mentoring out of him?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really seem to be emotionally invested in the return of a guy who was bad at hockey seven years ago!

What? I made two post saying that I think they should of sent him to the AHL. How am I emotionally invested? I seriously wouldn't care if doesn't play, just it would be a cool story if he could come back. People change the guy has made mistakes, he knows it and he just wants to play competitive hockey I don't see how that would have a negative effect on the young Flames prospects.

If he can't do it in the NHL what makes anyone think he could make it in the AHL, where it's a dogfight every night for those players trying to make it to the NHL.

This comeback story is amazing no matter what the outcome was he'll announce his retirement on Monday and the Flames will retire his jersey sometime this year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wouldn't introducing a person who only knows how to get into trouble to a town in which that is the only thing to do be a bad influence on the young players?

He's won a cup and a gold medeal and if he can teach the players not to make the same mistakesm and just enjoy the game the way he seems to be doing now I think that would be a positive influence around the dressing room.

Do we have any prior evidence of positive mentoring out of him?

Saying that the only thing Fleury knows how to do is get in trouble isn't really accurate. If he hadn't cleaned himself up and got sober, the NHL wouldn't have reinstated him and the Flames wouldn't have given him a shot. Personally, I think he should probably move on and concentrate on staying on a good path. If he'd gotten sorted out and tried this three or four years ago, it might have worked, but at 41, he's just too old and slow. Maybe he should look at other ways to stay involved with hockey. He's got enough passion and personality that he might do well as a hockey broadcaster.

Fleury isn't really the same situation as Keane in Winnipeg. That's Keane's hometown and he was moving back there anyways, Fleury doesn't have any history or support system like family in Abbottsford.

Got this email today from NHL.com

WATCH TODAY'S GAME LIVE ON NHL.COM - GAMES WILL STREAM FREE

NHL.com to stream VIctoria Cup &

NHL Exhibition games from Europe

TODAY, Monday, Sep 28

CHICAGO vs. HC Davos

2:15 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

8 p.m. ET on NHL Network

Tuesday, Sep 29

CHICAGO vs. ZSC Lions Zurich

Victoria Cup 2009

2:15 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

8 p.m. ET on NHL Network

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2009

DETROIT vs. Farjestads BK Karlstad

Compuware / NHL Premiere? Challenge

1:00 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

Chicago opens the regular-season with a home-and-home set against the Florida Panthers in Helsinki, Finland, as part of Compuware / NHL Premiere? 2009 on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3. Detroit will open its 2009-10 NHL regular-season against the St. Louis Blues in Stockholm, Sweden, on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3.

http://view.ed4.net/v/J37W3/3CMJY/YHEPQYP/Q3XMDM/FORMAT=H?CID=6281446&CMPID=100622228-152730

I AM SCORE!

Hello sports fans.

Lang signs with the Phoenix Coyotes. (pending physical)

Afineganov signs with the Atlanta Thrashers.

I think that both Lang and Afineganov will benefit greatly from their new teams. Lang could use some of that desert air and Afineganov was starting to look really lost with the Sabres. Sometimes all a player needs is a change to get him going again.

thecatch.jpg

Afinogenov is too talented to post the lousy numbers he has in recent years. Hopefully a change of scenery will wake him up.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

In this day and age of people like Peter Forsberg and Brett Favre, I'm skeptical. At least his statement seemed rather definitive.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Brendan Shanahan has decided NOT to play for the Devils this season.

Also, I got a flyer in the mail today from Comcast stating we get a free month of Center Ice to start the season. I know what I'm doing tonight...

Actually the free preview of Center Ice is from October 2-24. So you're going to have to wait a day.

Also, I got a flyer in the mail today from Comcast stating we get a free month of Center Ice to start the season. I know what I'm doing tonight...

Actually the free preview of Center Ice is from October 2-24. So you're going to have to wait a day.

Is that a free preview for all Comcast customers?

The free preview starts today. I'm watching Brewers-Rockies as we speak, since the NHL and MLB share channels.

Archived