"Welcome to Atlanta Where the Players Play"

Brave-Bird 08

This was the scene at the Atlanta Football Classic held anually at the Georgia Dome

Florida A&M has the ugliest uniform in sports...maybe even in sports history. and tennessee state used white numbers on white jerseys? also, both teams use the same ridiculous number font! horrid, horrid, scene

slideshow_1281954_famu_0927_08.jpg

slideshow_1281461_famu_0927_06.jpg

Actually, I though tenn St's was even worse than FAMU. White on white numbers? And what's that random color around the helmet stripe?

Red. Though you couldn't tell from looking at this complete conglomerate of clusterfockedupness, it's actually a secondary color for the Tigers' athletic teams. This also isn't the first time Tennesse State has done the white-on-white thing, either.

This is what the Tigers used to look like about three or four years ago:

AAMU_1_Sept_2.jpg

southernvsTSU.jpg

Then, sometime in the past year or two, they rolled this look out:

FAMU_931_12.jpg

FAMU_5_93007.jpg

(And...you see what FAMU looked like around that time, as well. Also notice that Tennessee State's NOF was also white on white, as I alluded to earlier.)

Now, if you think all that looks like boiled garbage, you should try a Google search for Tennessee State's blackout uniforms from a year or two ago. (Not to be confused with Middle Tennessee State, by the way.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the FAMU uniforms. They make me want to eat rainbow sherbet.

I was hoping this thread would be about how all four of Atlanta's major teams are currently poorly dressed. The Braves have scrapped beautiful timeless jerseys for ugly alternates. The Falcons look like an arena league team. The Hawks are wearing bland uniforms in a color scheme that is not supposed to be theirs. The Thrashers are a mismatched mess who market themselves as "Blueland" but often wear a maroon sweater. A one-off HBCU game is the least of Atlanta's sartorial concerns.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I disagree, admiral. In fact, I love the Falcons' look, so long as they don't go mono. Red jersey with white pants, then vice versa. I especially love the much-maligned sleeves.

As for the Thrash... well, they used to have good jerseys. Sadly, those days were numbered when they introduced that one-armed monster. It's only gone downhill from there.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sometimes I like the Falcons' uniforms, but they have so many permutations that don't work. The more I see those throwbacks, the more I like them, though even those don't really capture the imagination.

From the outset, the Thrashers made the mistake of using that strange "overhead bird" as their road crest instead of their actual primary logo, which was pretty cool as far as equipment-wielding sparrow-based logos go. The original color palette was very nice, and I liked that pattern running across the bottom, but I have to admit that my appreciation was tempered by my belief that a half-assed expansion team in Atlanta wasn't really necessary.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived