CONCEPT81: Minnesota Vikings

bigdub81

On the jerseys I kept a lot of things including the wordmark, number/name font, quarter collar (now purple on home) and logo on the back of the neck. The main design flaw that was changed was the shoulder inserts. Let's just be real about this, they SUCK! The Vikings, could have done so much better by keeping it simple with something like what I've designed because IMO, it doesn't take away from the look being that it's updated. It is the same pattern used as the Charges, but without the bolt obviously.

The pants I decided to go with a wide stripe and medium pipping trim, still keeping the logo at the hip but eliminating the confusing 'curve' their design now offers. Just a simple style ties everything in better to the overall look.

The socks now have a medium gold stripe at the base of the purple body. It's there for contrast to the gold in the uniform and allows 'breakage' when using the purple pants for either the home or away jersey.

The helmet has no change because it doesn't need it.

C&C as usual...Note: I don't know why the norseman is green on the png. it just came out that way when I exported it but you get the idea.

NFLConcept-VikingsUpdated2.png

NFLConcept-VikingsUpdated.png

NFLConcept-VikingsWP.png

NFLConcept-VikingsPP.png

I like these a lot, but you should try to use the same horn-esque striping on the pants. The stripe on the pants is very linear, while the horn on the jerseys is angular.

(I really hate geometry.)

Would it also be possible to dump the black from the horn logo?

Other than that, I would be very glad to see the Vikes wear this.

Improvement. The jersey is not a huge upgrade...maybe even a minor downgrade. But that silly way they try to blend the side panels into the pants stripe is a huge fail.* Your pants are way better. Love the Purple on white and the white on purple.

*particularly when they are designed for white/purple and purple/white and they don't even use the former--just makes the white on white look awful.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is nice, but I don't see why the set has to include purple pants with purple socks. Can't you include some white socks?

Pro teams don't wear plain white socks.

As far as the concept, I worry that it may look too muck like the Houston Texans with different colors. Also, I'd like to see it with white cleats as black is not as prevalent of a color as white is in their scheme. All that said, I definitely think this set has potential :D

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

As far as the concept, I worry that it may look too muck like the Houston Texans with different colors. Also, I'd like to see it with white cleats as black is not as prevalent of a color as white is in their scheme. All that said, I definitely think this set has potential

Yeah I guess you could say that it does look similar to the Texans but with more piping. And I'll do one with white striped socks and cleats to see how it looks.

I like these a lot, but you should try to use the same horn-esque striping on the pants. The stripe on the pants is very linear, while the horn on the jerseys is angular.

(I really hate geometry.)

Would it also be possible to dump the black from the horn logo?

Other than that, I would be very glad to see the Vikes wear this.

I was trying to get away from their current pants but I see your point. And yes I thought about ditching the black in the horn for purple so I'll try it and see how it works out.

**UPDATED**

> Modified Pants Wedge > Black Eliminated From Helmet Logo, Now Purple > Alternate White Striped Sock For Away Jersey/Purple Pants > White Shoes

NFLConcept-VikingsUpdated2-1.png

NFLConcept-VikingsUpdateWP.png

NFLConcept-VikingsUpdatePP.png

that update looks spot on. i wouldnt change anything about the jersey or pants, but ive always thought the helmet looks a bit out of place since they changed their unis. maybe a stripe on the helmet or a white face mask? its something thats bothered me but i cant put my finger on it exactly

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Well, I guess they never will solve their "match the helmet with the jersey" problem...Other than that, I think if they implemented your solution, they'd get it down pat! (Well, maybe put the Viking head on the space under the sleeve stripe too, but you get my drift)

bYhYmxh.png

Archived