Vols in black

IWORSHIPBENDER

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely...

Positively...

TERRIBLE.

All of a sudden that "stuffed to the gills" Phil Fulmer orange and white jogging suit doesn't look so bad.

I will take "Epic Fail" for $1000, Alex.

QFT. General Neyland came back from the dead, only to croak again, and spin in his grave, at the Oregon-strocity that his football program looks like. And considering the win, the black will continue to creep. Excuse me, I have to go hang the handful of cells within myself that didn't dislike UTK before this.

Of all the schools to urinate on tradition...Tennessee? Dang.

neyland would be proud of the way we've played this year overall. i doubt he'd care more about what we were wearing.

i'm also pretty sure that we've worn black jerseys in the 20s and 60s

Haven't seen any shots, but here's to all those UT die hards, that would have killed thier first borns in losing that bet that the Vols would NEVER EVER EVER have a Black alternate...let alone wear it... :lol:

the only reason it gets a pass from me is that it's haloween...you can pull off the black n orange once every 7-8 years...looked like :censored: but not sweating it...uga was 1000x worse

Haven't seen any shots, but here's to all those UT die hards, that would have killed thier first borns in losing that bet that the Vols would NEVER EVER EVER have a Black alternate...let alone wear it... :lol:

the only reason it gets a pass from me is that it's haloween...you can pull off the black n orange once every 7-8 years...looked like :censored: but not sweating it...uga was 1000x worse

That's not even remotely close to true. Georgia didn't look good, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Tennessee looked.

I love the Orange pants with white jerseys, but that's it.

As for the black jersey, if they only wear them for home Halloween games (which would be once to twice per decade), I think that's fine. But I don't want to see them once or twice per year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought the jerseys looked like some of Sports Belle's work.

They don't exist anymore. Folded for good over the summer.

They were manufactured by SM Athletics, who already does all of the lettering and embroidery for the UTAD. Their standard block is similar to what Sports Belle used to use, but the two companies are not at all related.

I know this isn't the correct thread for my question but it pertains to Tennessee and black. I thought that about 15 years ago or so that they had always had plain orange letters on their white shirts. They have been outlined in black for some time. I thought that the outline was terrible as there are no other signs of black on the uni. I liked the plain orange and white. Was an NCAA rule instituted to make the numbers more visible? I want to say UCLA has been outlining their numbers with black for a while as well. Thanks.

They were manufactured by SM Athletics, who already does all of the lettering and embroidery for the UTAD. Their standard block is similar to what Sports Belle used to use, but the two companies are not at all related.

I'd never heard of SM before this weekend. But our HS got new basketball uniforms made by them, and now this.

I know the basketball ones are made by SM because I put them all away. Yes, I'm basically the equipment manager. It's called "Coach's Assistant." Or something.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I know this isn't the correct thread for my question but it pertains to Tennessee and black. I thought that about 15 years ago or so that they had always had plain orange letters on their white shirts. They have been outlined in black for some time. I thought that the outline was terrible as there are no other signs of black on the uni. I liked the plain orange and white. Was an NCAA rule instituted to make the numbers more visible? I want to say UCLA has been outlining their numbers with black for a while as well. Thanks.

I recall someone in another thread mentioning that some announcers (Keith Jackson's name came up) had trouble seeing the numbers on UT's white jerseys, thus since either 95 or 96 they've had the black outline.

Far as UCLA, why would they be using black? They've been using navy outline for years.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't recall ever seeing the Vols in black jerseys before Saturday or seeing any info about them wearing black at any time in their football history. Could have happened.

The Vols have used black as a supplimentary color in the early 1960s and again in the early 70s:

stevedelong-vi.jpg

VolsupsetKy1963-vi.jpg

scan0142-vi.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

Yeah, that makes more sense. I thought I had heard of Sports Belle going out for good from a coach whose teams used to order from them, but I wasn't sure.

Archived