Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

My 2 cents:

VT: LOVE 'em!

TCU: The helmet stays as is. I like the addition of such a contrasting tertiary color as red. Purple and black are tough to work with as they are so close to each other.

The black side panels on the jerseys irks me. Get rid of it and I'm good.

The pants look AWESOME!!! Make em solid as previously stated, and I'm good.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught some of the TCU highlights last night and the pics on the web don't do them justice. I hope they consider making that their permanent look.

But I agree with what someone else said about not wasting these on schools like Texas and Oklahoma that aren't willing (and really have no reason) to use them to their full potential. They already have iconic looks. Leave the pro combat for schools that actually need to carve out an identity.

So these jerseys have never been lost in =) Teams wearing them are 2-0

Technically that's not true. Last year Army lost in their pro combat gear to Navy (also rockin' pro combat).

If I recall correctly Army and Navy wore the Nike Enforcer unis...

I guess I'm the only one that hates them. There is no real design to them, and they look a lot worse than what Oregon is pedaling these days. I don't mind modernization, but there is nothing crisp about this uniform.

Agreed. Not a fan that they added the random red on the helmets (I know, blood shooting out of the eyes and all that) and I don't think the jerseys or pants look very good. I really hate that shoulder striping or whatever on the jerseys and the pants look too much like horrible snakeskin pants some weirdo would be walking around in.

OSU5.png

How much weight does the extraneous stitching on the shoulders common to all these designs add to the overall weight of uniform? I'm just wondering because Nike emphasized the weight of the new Pro Combat uniforms down to the last ounce.

Or maybe the stitching performs some sort of capillary wicking function...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Here's the press release from Miami:

UM FOOTBALL TO WEAR NIKE'S LATEST UNIFORM

Article features a little video towards the end.

I like the uniform overall. I'm actually surprised it's as 'plain' I guess you could say compared to some of the other pro combat sets, especially for Miami based on some of the previous uniforms Nike has put my alma mater in.

ltj009.png

Archived