Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These uniforms look MUCH better in action than they do in the studio photos...which is saying something considering I wasn't exactly sold on TCU or VT's look. VT looked ok, but TCU looked FANtastic. Can't wait to see FSU trot out in theirs.

OK_Pro_Combat_CHEST_loRes.jpgOK_Pro_Combat_PANT_loRes.jpg

This.

It looked just like a normal retro from the far back pics, but clearly there's more elements to them. It gives me hope for the last few. Also likin' the dual reds.

Those are hideous. I hate the two tone red. Nike just makes everything ugly. We have nice uniforms. Leave us alone!

TCU looked amazing and does anyone know if these schools will go with these permanently or are they just to try them out to see how the players react to them.

And a side note I'm surprised Nike didn't trot Oregon out in the Combat jerseys.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

TCU looked amazing and does anyone know if these schools will go with these permanently or are they just to try them out to see how the players react to them.

And a side note I'm surprised Nike didn't trot Oregon out in the Combat jerseys.

I believe Oregon's full time uniforms this year are already pro combat ones.

jNTsTyQ.png

I don't know why, but I really liked the Virginia Tech jerseys. I know that the dotted gradient effect is "in" right now (like in the current line of NFL Equipment wear) but it kinda works on those sleeve stripes.

The dotted orange to maroon gradient in the numbers is pretty cool, and the non-symmetrical helmet striping was different in a good way.

That being said, TCU's was meh, although the graphite pants were a definite plus :)

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

gyi00589151341500790lar.jpg

gyi00589153732731766lar.jpg

gyi00589152611500794lar.jpg

gyi00589156440329619lar.jpg

gyi00589164890335936lar.jpg

I really like TCU's Pro Combat unis. To me, it's an improvement over their current usual digs. I hope they stick with these the rest of the year.

As for the other ones...

Virginia Tech was all right. I didn't like the helmet stripe. The rest of the uniform was nice. I really like the gradient numbers and dotted gradient sleeves. In this case, being different wasn't so bad. My only question... What would the home uniforms look like?

For the other Pro Combat uniforms, I'll have to wait for more images and see them on TV.

So, pretty much on a subjective scale of 1-10:

TCU - 9

VT - 7

TCU's pants side stripes are a little annoying... i would have just left the pants as solid instead of adding stripes...the awesome pattern does enough on it's own.

I would even go as far as to saying switch to this full time, maybe fix the sleeve transition where the diff colored jersey cuts come together a little odd, and even LEAVE the red on the helmet.

I cannot believe I'm saying this...but what Nike has done so far is really awesome. I thought VT's gradient numbers were incredible! something our eyes have never been trained to seeing on a football uniform.

really out of the box stuff is always fun and cool in my book.

OK_Pro_Combat_CHEST_loRes.jpgOK_Pro_Combat_PANT_loRes.jpg

This.

It looked just like a normal retro from the far back pics, but clearly there's more elements to them. It gives me hope for the last few. Also likin' the dual reds.

Those are hideous. I hate the two tone red. Nike just makes everything ugly. We have nice uniforms. Leave us alone!

The two-tone red might be an illusion. It's possible the stitching around the numbers looks darker due to the lighting. There doesn't seem to be any other shade of red anywhere else on the uniform.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Didn't realize red was a TCU school color. It has no business being on the helmet, at the very least.

Yes it did! They were shooting blood out of their eyes, like real live horned frogs!

If I was playing a football game and blood started shooting out of my eyes, I'd assume I was losing.

I guess I'm the only one that hates them. There is no real design to them, and they look a lot worse than what Oregon is pedaling these days. I don't mind modernization, but there is nothing crisp about this uniform.

Another "Look at us, we're Nike" project. I don't like them, either, and I'm dreading the day my alma mater (LSU) wears their set.

I caught some of the TCU highlights last night and the pics on the web don't do them justice. I hope they consider making that their permanent look.

But I agree with what someone else said about not wasting these on schools like Texas and Oklahoma that aren't willing (and really have no reason) to use them to their full potential. They already have iconic looks. Leave the pro combat for schools that actually need to carve out an identity.

So these jerseys have never been lost in =) Teams wearing them are 2-0

Technically that's not true. Last year Army lost in their pro combat gear to Navy (also rockin' pro combat).

Archived