Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

as much as i like the old 3 stripes on the sleeves look, here they look awful on these jerseys. teams really need to stop trying to incorporate the triple stripes on the sleeves.

the worst is LSU, at first glance that in no ways resembles LSU.

these all scream epic :censored:ing fail.

failure.jpg

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's why I thought Illinois was going to be part of the Pro Combat uniform rollout. This shirt came out a week or so ago. The shield on this Nike Illinois shirt is very similar to the shields on the front of the collars of the new Pro Combat uniforms. Maybe a sign of things to come next year?

Those shirts are part of the Nike Vault collection, something completely different.

lg21564mctchr.jpglg21564illchr.jpglg21564waschr.jpglg21564wvuchr.jpg

I said this regarding maybe the SoD basketball uniforms, maybe the Oregon football uniforms, but; I commend Nike on trying some new things and mixing stuff up a little bit. I know some of these looks are awkward or odd or downright ugly right now, but I like to think Nike is just experimenting. Once they get over the initial, "Hey, we can do this and this and even try this!" phase of having new technology and pushing new products I think they will settle down and work in some new technology/methods in a classy and appealing way.

as much as i like the old 3 stripes on the sleeves look, here they look awful on these jerseys. teams really need to stop trying to incorporate the triple stripes on the sleeves.

Washington called, it wants its shade of gold back.

As an alum, I'm disappointed LSU is participating in this. LSU's current uniforms are near perfect, save for the fact that the Tigers wear white at home way too much (I know it's tradition, but I'd rather see purple at home all the time). And I'm not a fan of all white, so even if LSU was a school that played around with its uniforms every year, I still don't like this set.

Those are some massive pictures, anyway you can resize them? it took my cable modem 3 mins to download.

I took the pictures down and just put the links up...

Where in the world did you find those, GFB??

I found 'em on the Nike site... they even have a masked version of the picture (players sans background)...

FSU_Pro_Combat_UNIFORM_Masked_hiRes.jpg

If you look closely at that helmet, it appears that it is black with GOLD FLAKES. Holy Shihtzu's!

And on close inspection, there maybe pewter flakes used on the TCU helmet too?!?

NYCdog.png

I saw these images on another site:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

My only problem with this is all the away uniforms causing a rather bland line-up.

With that said, they could have still added color to the away uniforms in different areas. Considering this is a one-time deal, why not? They could have purple or gold pants for LSU for example.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

1. FSU

2. TCU

3. Mizzou

4. OSU

5. OU

6. The U

7. VT

8. LSU

9. UF

And the ABSOLUTE WORST....Texas. No creativity what-so-ever. I mean why even, waste a spot in this program if your are not open to doing anything form a design standpoint? That spot could have been used on Oregon, Hawaii, or Boise State. I would have liked to see what these schools would have looked like in Pro Combat.

And I agree....these program should have been put to use on home dates. I was really excited after seeing the FSU leak. But all these road uniforms make this lineup look boring.

NYCdog.png

The Texas uni's are throwbacks, they've actually been leaked for a while now, even back before the season began, like LSU wearing the Old Gold, it's more of a traditional throwback style....

I also counted 8 visible Nike logos on the posted FSU uni, :lol: and i'm sure there are more...

The Texas uni's are throwbacks, they've actually been leaked for a while now, even back before the season began, like LSU wearing the Old Gold, it's more of a traditional throwback style....

I also counted 8 visible Nike logos on the posted FSU uni, laugh.gif and i'm sure there are more...

He are a couple close up shots of Oklahoma's uniforms.

OK_Pro_Combat_CHEST_loRes.jpgOK_Pro_Combat_PANT_loRes.jpg

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's why I thought Illinois was going to be part of the Pro Combat uniform rollout. This shirt came out a week or so ago. The shield on this Nike Illinois shirt is very similar to the shields on the front of the collars of the new Pro Combat uniforms. Maybe a sign of things to come next year?

Those shirts are part of the Nike Vault collection, something completely different.

lg21564mctchr.jpglg21564illchr.jpglg21564waschr.jpglg21564wvuchr.jpg

Gotta love that Gruffy Sparty shirt!

Are Florida and FSU going color on color?

Well FSU is wearing it at Maryland so they will porbably be wearing white jerseys

FSU will play Maryland in Tallahassee, so FSU will probably be wearing garnet.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Are Florida and FSU going color on color?

Well FSU is wearing it at Maryland so they will porbably be wearing white jerseys

FSU will play Maryland in Tallahassee, so FSU will probably be wearing garnet.

My bad, i saw @Maryland somewhere though.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

My only problem with this is all the away uniforms causing a rather bland line-up.

With that said, they could have still added color to the away uniforms in different areas. Considering this is a one-time deal, why not? They could have purple or gold pants for LSU for example.

They probably couldn't have done purple pants for LSU because there's a good chance the fans would have revolted. LSU tried purple pants in 1995, they looked bad because there were no stripes, and (the most important thing in the eyes of the fans) they lost the game. Those purple pants haven't been seen since.

But old-gold pants would have been OK, though again, this alum would have preferred they not participate at all.

Washington called, it wants its shade of gold back.

As an alum, I'm disappointed LSU is participating in this. LSU's current uniforms are near perfect, save for the fact that the Tigers wear white at home way too much (I know it's tradition, but I'd rather see purple at home all the time). And I'm not a fan of all white, so even if LSU was a school that played around with its uniforms every year, I still don't like this set.

Looks nothing like LSU? It looks a lot like LSU between 1947-55. From helmethut.com:

LAXLSU4755A%20(2).JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

OK_Pro_Combat_CHEST_loRes.jpgOK_Pro_Combat_PANT_loRes.jpg

This.

It looked just like a normal retro from the far back pics, but clearly there's more elements to them. It gives me hope for the last few. Also likin' the dual reds.

That's a hideous look and I'm frankly shocked OU would agree to take the field in these. Just awful.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On Monday, Only Gators Get Out Alive reported that the Florida Gators would be unveiling a special uniform for their final home game of the 2009 season against the Florida State Seminoles. Two sources close to OGGOA provided us with exclusive information regarding the Gators special uniforms, including a picture of the gloves that will be worn for the game. OGGOA has now also uncovered a picture of the uniform.

Last week, OGGOA received images of brand new Nike Pro Combat uniforms that FSU plans to wear on Nov. 21 against the Maryland Terrapins. These uniforms will be worn by the Seminoles, Gators and eight other teams to promote Nike’s new line.

Each team has its own tagline, too: Florida Gators – Finish the Mission; Florida State Seminoles – Fear the Spear; Virginia Tech Hokies – Good Guys Wear White; TCU Horned Frogs – Never Back Down; Ohio State Buckeyes – Earned; Oklahoma Sooners – Stake Our Claim; Texas Longhorns – It Only Takes Eleven; LSU Tigers – Cochon De Lait; Missouri Tigers – Beast Mode; Miami Hurricanes – The U Knows

florida-pro-combat-gloves.jpg

Apparently there is some backlash about Tim Tebow playing his final home game in weird uniforms. Also, an FSU beat writer for the Orlando Sentinel went off about the new FSU gear:

Black helicopters, er, helmets: Nike unveils garish new Florida State uniform

posted by Andrew Carter on Nov 5, 2009 3:30:00 PM

Discuss This: Comments (36) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Guess the folks at Nike grew tired of designing hideous, awful uniforms for Oregon’s football program. Because now Nike has done the same – OK, maybe they’re not that bad – for Florida State.

FSU earlier today unveiled images of a newly-designed “Nike Pro Combat” uniform, which the Seminoles will wear for their Nov. 21 game against Maryland. Before we go further, can we please stop with this nonsense that football is combat. It’s not. Football is football. A game. A highly physical, difficult game requiring lots of athletic ability and skill. But a game. Not combat. Moving on …

Thankfully, these duds – and I do mean duds – will be a one-time thing. And oh yeah, the Seminoles will also be wearing a black helmet. Why? Just because. You can check out the images of these things right here, by clicking on the photo gallery.

I will say the gloves are cool-looking. First thing you’re probably going to notice is that these unis appear to be red. Not so, though. I’m told that’s just a product of the lighting in the pictures, and that the jerseys are the same shade of garnet as FSU’s normal jerseys.

Anyway, here’s the highlights of the new uni, as far as I can tell:

-The new uniforms do have a nice Nike swoosh on them. In fact, they have no fewer than seven swooshes on them. So if you think they’re made by Reebok, or adidas, or Converse, or Under Armor, they’re not, OK. They’re made by Nike. There – just look at all those swooshes. That’s Nike. OK?

-The gloves are cool-looking when you wear them and do that interlocking hand thingie that players so often do during the course of a football game. That makes the gloves form the Seminole head logo. This will come in handy, I'm just not sure how yet.

-The shoes will make you fly. No wait, scratch that. They’ll make you zoom. No wait, scratch that. They’ll turn you into vapor? I’m confused.

-Whoops. Didn’t see that other big swoosh on the shoes. We’re up to nine swooshes now. Hey, where’s Waldo?

-The helmet is black. Just because, uh, you know. Everybody needs a black helmet these days. They’re like belts. You have to have at least one black one in your closet.

-There’s this thing down the side of the pants. You’ll see. Kind of looks like a horse tail.

-The arms also have horse tails. What’s that? That’s supposed to be a feather? Nah.

-These unis have high-tenacity yarn. I swear it’s true. It was on one of the captions. High-tenacity yarn.

Whoops. Didn’t notice the socks. Two more swooshes. That’s 11 now, folks. Will these be available at the Reebok store?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived