Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh. Gradients...

Ehh...more like a dot-matrix fade to me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I really like the Tech uni's, but I agree, a maroon helmet would have balanced all the sea of white...but I guess it goes along with that silly slogan...

Thanks for the insight on the slogans, it seems that it's really about knowing each team, who they're playing, and taking jabs to the body in the rivalry, seems more and more of a good idea, and makes more sense...

ya i started a mizzou pro combat concept based on the gloves (because VT, texas, ohio state, tcu, all have something similar in the gloves) and doing a lot of tiger stripes. It seems nike wants to get out of the box with all these designs

Really Nike? Beast mode? Why does my team get the worst slogan haha?

It's not like Nike made it up...

09/03/2009 - Gary Pinkel's ninth Missouri team has adopted a slogan for the season. Players and coaches have refused to explain its meaning: Beast M.O.D.E. "We can't talk about it," All-American linebacker Sean Weatherspoon said. "It's a team motto. It's just a place you want to go, kind of like the Incredible Hulk. You get on the field, you just have to transform into something else besides just a regular guy. I won't get into the acronym, but you can know it stands for something."

I'm helping!

TCU2.jpg

TCU.jpg

LOOKS LIKE WE CAN SOMEWHAT FIGURE OUT THE SCHOOLS IN THE PICTURE.

Mizzou (looks like perhaps Tiger logo on left sleeve. It would also mean white helmet with gold center striped and two outside black stripes.)

TCU

VA Tech

Oklahoma (You can see a state of Oklahoma outline on left thigh on the orginal picture on Nike website. Also white hat with one dark stripe)

Florida (you can see Gator logo on left hip)

Texas (white helmet with no stripes. Also can see Texas' two stipes on left sleeve)

MIAMI or LSU

Ohio State (light helmet with single stripe)

LSU OR MIAMI

Florida State (Body looks like actual picture of uniform. You can also see feathers down the left leg)

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's not like Nike made it up...

09/03/2009 - Gary Pinkel's ninth Missouri team has adopted a slogan for the season. Players and coaches have refused to explain its meaning: Beast M.O.D.E. "We can't talk about it," All-American linebacker Sean Weatherspoon said. "It's a team motto. It's just a place you want to go, kind of like the Incredible Hulk. You get on the field, you just have to transform into something else besides just a regular guy. I won't get into the acronym, but you can know it stands for something."

dang thats embarassing i shouldve know that! i thought nike came up with it. If spoon came up with it though, its all good.

and it stands for Beast Motivation Opporutnity Desire Enthusiasm . I like it better now.

After seeing all of the the thought and design put into the FSU unis and to see what they did with VT, it seems like very little time was spent on the VT design which I don't mind since I am not a VT fan, but I can see how fans can see it as being lame. Really they made a gradient to show the history of speed at VT? LAME.

It's been changed. They're going with "Quits After Halftime."

Not that I'm bitter or having flashbacks to 2004 and 1984 or anything . . . .

Archived