What NFL stadiums have you been to and which is the nicest?

cgcrusader13

This thread is like the MLB one. Again you didn't have to see a game. Either tour the stadium or watch a game.

I have been to LP Field (Titans), Metrodome (Vikings), Fedex Field (Redskins), Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals), M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens) hometown team.

P.S - I have seen but not toured Soldier Field (Bears), Edward Jones Dome (Rams), Gilette Stadium (Patriots),and Invesco Field (Broncos)

1. M&T Bank Stadium - biased

2. LP Field

3. Paul Brown Stadium

4. Fedex Field

5. Metrodome (toured during baseball season)

Veteran's Stadium

Lincoln Financial Field (I work there as an usher)

Three Rivers Stadium

Heinz Field

M&T Bank Stadium (or whatever the Ravens is called now)

New Soldier Field

I've driven past the Meadowlands

I was really disappointed with Heinz Field. It just seems so cheap. I don't like how there is only one big video board, and all the PA speakers are only on the one end. Also, it just seems like you're so far away from the field as compared to equivalent seats in other newer stadiums. Also, troughs to piss in? Seriously? Even the concourse areas just seemed tacky - especially the "great hall". It just seems like the Walmart* of new stadiums.

Going to the Pitt vs. Cincinnati game in a couple of weeks... so it will get at least one more chance to win me over.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Veteran's Stadium

Lincoln Financial Field (I work there as an usher)

Three Rivers Stadium

Heinz Field

M&T Bank Stadium (or whatever the Ravens is called now)

New Soldier Field

I've driven past the Meadowlands

I was really disappointed with Heinz Field. It just seems so cheap. I don't like how there is only one big video board, and all the PA speakers are only on the one end. Also, it just seems like you're so far away from the field as compared to equivalent seats in other newer stadiums. Also, troughs to piss in? Seriously? Even the concourse areas just seemed tacky - especially the "great hall". It just seems like the Walmart* of new stadiums.

Going to the Pitt vs. Cincinnati game in a couple of weeks... so it will get at least one more chance to win me over.

Since I mocked the OP in his NCAA thread, I will post. Out of the current 31, here is where I have not been:

Cowboys Stadium

Bank of America Stadium

Gillette Stadium

Lambeau Field

I really liked Quest Field for some reason. Thought that Reliant was a disappointment as I went to both of them in the same year. Every time I think though, I think Superdome. Oakland may still have them too outside of Mt Davis.

EDIT: Sorry, tours never count unless it is a "concert tour".

In no particular order:

Cowboys Stadium (3 times so far)

Texas Stadium (too many to count...at least 100)

Georgia Dome (twice)

Meadowlands (3 times)

Raymond James Stadium (Bucs) (once)

Reliant Stadium (twice)

I've seen Soldier field several times, and I drive by the Linc in Philly around four times a year, but I've never entered either.

newsig.jpg

Land Shark Stadium- 2009 Orange Bowl(Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech)

Paul Brown Stadium-strange enough, never for a Bengals game(Cincinnati vs Ohio State)

Lambeau Field- tour only, before the major renovations

Georgia Dome- tour only

Ive been to the parking lots of

Ralph Wilson Stadium- for a motor coach convention

Invesco Field at Mile High- took pictures of old Mile High from the parking lot

Arrowhead Stadium- shared lots with Kauffman Stadium for a Royals game

Old NFL stadiums

Cinergy Field- for many reds games and my one and only NFL game Bengals vs Packers

Pontiac Silverdome- twice for the Motor City Bowl

Signature intentionally left blank

Been to the Superdome at least 3 times, and the Georgia Dome obviously...and the Superdome is way better. That place is amazing when the Saints are winning. The Georgia Dome was built in 1992 and it already feels dated. It was built in that quick era between the cookie-cutter age and this new age of stadiums and you can tell. IMO, take the roof off of the Dome and it's Giants Stadium-lite.

So yeah, might sound like sacrilege as a Falcons fan to say this, but the Superdome is way nicer, and I can imagine that it's even better after the post-Katrina renovations.

Present

Candlestick Park

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum

Qualcomm Stadium

Invesco Field (the nicest so far)

Past

Kingdome

Mile High Stadium

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Anaheim Stadium

Old Solider Field - before the major renovations in 2002-2003

Veterans Stadium

Three Rivers Stadium

I will likely be attending a game at Qwest Field sometime during the 2010 season

I've been to:

Alltel(Jacksonville Municipal) Stadium- Jacksonville, FL. Attended numerous Jags games from 1995-2009, last being Jags/Cardinals.

Dolphins(Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Landshark) Stadium- Miami, FL. Attended a Dolphins/Bills game in 1997 and Dolphins/Broncos in 2001.

Raymond James Stadium- Tampa, FL. Attended a Bucs/Packers game in 2009 and Bucs/Saints game in 2007.

Georgia Dome- Atlanta, FL. Attended a Falcons/Jags game in 2003.

Bank of America (Ericsson)Stadium- Charlotte, NC. Attended a Panthers/Jags game in 2003.

Giants Stadium- Meadowlands, NJ. Attended Giants/Vikings game in 1990 & Giants/Cowboys and Giants/Redskins game in 1991...I remember being a kid and freezing during the Giants/Redskins game.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

In chronological order:

1) Metropolitan Stadium (albeit only for Twins games)

2) The Metrodome (mostly for Twins games but also a handful of Vikings games, most recently Xmas Eve '04 vs. the Packers; also attended a Rolling Stones concert, a T'Wolves game in their inaugural season, and a couple of Prep Bowls there)

3) RCA Dome (In 2002 I attended Star Wars Celebration II at the Indiana Convention Center which was part of the same complex, and had a set of doors that opened right onto the stadium floor. The doors were locked, but still offered a full view of the stadium interior.)

4) Lambeau Field (Packers playoff game vs. the Vikings in '05)

Needless to say, the "winner" among these four is Lambeau Field, though I'd imagine Lucas Oil Stadium (which replaced the RCA Dome) might give it a run for its money at least, as might a new Vikings stadium if it ever gets built (and I'm not exactly holding my breath on that).

CCSLC signature.png

RFK Stadium

FedEx Field

Lincoln Financial Field

Lucas Oil Stadium

The HHH Metrodome

Heinz Field

Invesco Field

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Been around/Drove past:

Qwest Field

Busch II

Arrowhead Stadium

Texas Stadium

Fulton County Stadium

Superdome

Been inside:

Astrodome- took the tour a couple of times. The scoreboard was pretty neat back in the day

Humperdome- Twice; once for the Rolling Stones, once for a KC-Twins game

Old Tampa Stadium (sombrero)- Bucs v. Lions. Second row from the top, in the endzone. Not the greatest NFL experience.

Orange Bowl- this one was cool. 1976, we're on vacation, and my dad takes us here because they used to park the Goodyear blimp nearby. It's not around, so my dad heads over to the Orange Bowl to show us where the Dolphins play (I was a huge Dolphins fan as a kid, for the cool aqua jerseys, and for some reason I thought Bob Griese was the coolest guy evar).

We park in the lot, and we go walk around the stadium, and there's an open gate near the endzone. We go take a peek inside, and there's the Dolphins just finishing up a practice; we watch for a few minutes, and a security guard comes up to shoo us away. My dad says, "watch this," and goes and talks to the guy. They sit around for a few minutes, and my dad comes back and doesn't do much. About five or so minutes after that, the guard comes and gets us, and says "okay, come on in."

The guard lets us in, gets us a ball, and tells my brother and I that we can go play catch and run around for a bit, but we need to stay in the end zone. Apparently my dad told the guard that we came all the way from Winnipeg (that's in Canada) to see the stadium, and his kids were huge Dolphins fans, and it would mean a lot to us if we could just kinda hang out and see the Orange Bowl. He would've been happy just to let us in and peek around a bit, but the guard was cool enough to let us run around like maniacs for 15 minutes or so.

That was a good day.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Meadowlands (Giants Stadium) - Jets season ticket holder, been to 2 Giants preseason games & an MLS game

Joe Robbie Stadium (Been there also when it was Pro Player/LandShark for Marlins & Dolphin games)

Candlestick Park (Baseball Only)

Shea Stadium (Jets didn't play there in my lifetime though)

Old Yankee Stadium (Giants didn't play there in my lifetime though)

Rose Bowl (Super Bowls hosted there)

Wrigley Field (Again, Bears didn't play there in my lifetime)

Rogers Centre (Baseball Only)

Drove Past: RFK, Heinz, Ford Field, Lincoln Financial, LA Coliseum (Raiders), Angel Stadium (Rams), Fenway

On edit: I bet a lot of you left off older/now demolished baseball stadiums that used to host an NFL team...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Heinz Field - to this day, the only NFL game I've seen live in person. 2008 Divisional Wild Card game between the Steelers and Jaguars. Somewhere in the "Post Your Pic" thread is a photo of me from that game. Still have gloating and bragging rights about that game, since the Jaguars won. Loved it (at the time).

Raymond James - never took in a game (was supposed to go to Throwback Sunday, but a little piggie had other plans), but been up in there.

FedEx Field - that place looks humongous from the highway. To me, at least.

M&T Bank Stadium - (Used to) drive by it often on the way to Baltimore's Inner Harbor. If I can get a ticket, I'm thinking about going to this Sunday's game against the Steelers. Still undecided as to who I'll support/heckle.

Lincoln Financial Field - walked around it.

Giants Stadium/Meadowlands/whatever-they're-calling-it-these-days - drive by it (them) all the time. New one looks considerably bigger than existing one.

Ericcson Stadium (or whatever the Panthers call their stadium - flew over it on approach to CLT.

Paul Brown Stadium - seen it while driving through Cincinnati.

Cleveland Browns Stadium (?) - seen it while in Cleveland.

Ford Field - seen it while in Detroit. Looks like a beautiful facility.

Pontiac Silverdome - somehow found it while on a trip to the D. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Louisiana Superdome - took in a Bayou Classic down there. Have yet to take in a Saints game, though I'd love to one day.

Jacksonville Municipal Stadium - seen it while in Duval.

Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Land Shark/whatever-the-hell-its-called Stadium - seen it while down in MIA

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived