NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really seen the Seahawks this much this season, so was today the first time since they got them in 2002 that they wore the blue pants with the white jerseys? I was at the Rams-Seahawks game today, and was disappointed when the Rams came out in their monochrome navy and then I realized the Seahawks were wearing blue pants. I for one prefer that look and would like to see them go back to wearing the white pants with the blue jerseys.

I haven't really seen the Seahawks this much this season, so was today the first time since they got them in 2002 that they wore the blue pants with the white jerseys? I was at the Rams-Seahawks game today, and was disappointed when the Rams came out in their monochrome navy and then I realized the Seahawks were wearing blue pants. I for one prefer that look and would like to see them go back to wearing the white pants with the blue jerseys.

They wore them last week at the Vikings.

So is this the first time the Vikings have worn their throwbacks twice in one season? Personally, I think they look horrible, even if the helmet color is accurate. I say they get a yellow alternate, it'd look bad, but not throwback bad, and it'd give us all something else to bitch and moan about. :)

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

Whole lotta orange goin' on in Cincinnati...Browns and their orange domes versus the Bengals in their alternate orange tops, with orange socks to match.

Two things...one, the Bengals really need to lose those white side panels on those jerseys, as that would make the orange the superior look in my mind; and two, if the Browns are going to continue wearing those brown pants, so long as they continue to do so while pairing them with the white striped socks, I'm cool with it. The look has grown on me.

If the Bengals orange jerseys looked like this

ochocinco.png

then I would not have a problem with the orange jerseys being the primaries. But right now, I hate the white side stripe (don't like it on the black jersey either) and I hate how the sleeves are black with orange stripes, which is incorrect if you've ever seen a tiger. The white jerseys have this same problem.

another note: Minnesota is not in all-purple, they are in the killer throwbacks.

That is such a good look. It would work very well with the white or black pants.

Black alternates for the Eagles this weekend vs Washington

Indeed. They are wearing them now.

74928069-78d5-4e7c-b8fb-4291e40d3d1d.jpg

Pretty much every Eagles fan hates them because the team belongs in green, but the combination really isn't that bad...

Falcons throwbacks today looked good. I like the red helmets.

I thought the same thing. It would be nice to see the Falcons adopt a modern their old red helmet.

Corrected in the interest of good taste. :D

I've said it before and I am going to say it again; How in the hell can anyone prefer The Vikings current set to these...

c2df456d0eafee0073e2ad1404ad4f2c-getty-88972226eg028_chicago_bears.jpg

Ray Charles can see that The Vikings throwbacks are a huge improvement over their current clown suits.

And Buffalo? It's time to make the switch from the worst uniforms in the league to the best. All you gotta do is make these the full time look.

6250465a72cb928ad38bee85165d2307-getty-88972212rs027_miami_dolphin.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Black alternates for the Eagles this weekend vs Washington

Indeed. They are wearing them now.

74928069-78d5-4e7c-b8fb-4291e40d3d1d.jpg

Pretty much every Eagles fan hates them because the team belongs in green, but the combination really isn't that bad...

Yes, it is. The green helmet clashes with the black jerseys, which when combined with the black socks, just make it too much black.

Without context, it's a nice looking jersey, but it doesn't belong anywhere near the field of play.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lots of wacky uniform happenings this weekend. Alternates, throwbacks, and atypical combinations. I didn't see a summary of them so I thought I would put one together.

Dallas in throwbacks

Eagles in alternate black

Minnesota in throwbacks

Atlanta in throwbacks

Seattle in blue pants on the road (I love this look!)

Rams in all blue

Buffalo in home throwbacks

Jets in the all green 'Pickle Power' unis

Cincy in alternate orange, with orange socks

Houston in all blue

San Diego in modern powder blues

Denver in all blue

Oakland in throwbacks

And if I were I betting man, I'd say the Saints will go with the ninja look.

Did I miss anything?

Falcons throwbacks today looked good. I like the red helmets.

I thought the same thing. It would be nice to see the Falcons adopt a modern their old red helmet.

Corrected in the interest of good taste. :D

I've said it before and I am going to say it again; How in the hell can anyone prefer The Vikings current set to these...

c2df456d0eafee0073e2ad1404ad4f2c-getty-88972226eg028_chicago_bears.jpg

Ray Charles can see that The Vikings throwbacks are a huge improvement over their current clown suits.

And Buffalo? It's time to make the switch from the worst uniforms in the league to the best. All you gotta do is make these the full time look.

6250465a72cb928ad38bee85165d2307-getty-88972212rs027_miami_dolphin.jpg

I kinda agree. Both are improvements (Buffalo's is a HUGE improvement), but not if they just wore them as is. The Bills and Vikings throwback looks are a good jumping off point for great updates, but both have problems. The main Viking problems are the mismatch helmet color (I'm a big fan of the new horn, too), the gray facemask, and the lack of number trim (gold trim on the stripes and not on the numbers? Never worked for me). Also, bringing back that home uniform might make some folks wanna bring back that tired road look that went with it.

As for the Bills... all those crazy sleeve stripes! OK, they wore that 30 years ago, but they had real sleeves then. Also, the mismatched helmet and pants stripe drives me crazy. Match those stripes, calm down that sleeve business, and update the standing buffalo... you'd have an awesome uniform.

IMO, of course.

Yes, as a Bills fan I was in my glory yesterday. Not only because they looked gorgeous out there, but also because they laid a shellackin' on the fish. I really think there's some steam building towards making these the full-time uniforms. When you're at the Ralph, you'll see just as much––if not more--throwback stuff than their regular arena-league-esque uniforms.

Just 3 small tweaks I'd make: swap the standing buffalo out (but keep it as an alternate logo) for the charging buffalo, which I think is a timeless logo that still works today even though its 35+ years old; Swap the gray facemask for a royal blue one; Reverse the pant striping to match the helmet. That's it.

billshelmet.jpg

Yes, as a Bills fan I was in my glory yesterday. Not only because they looked gorgeous out there, but also because they laid a shellackin' on the fish. I really think there's some steam building towards making these the full-time uniforms. When you're at the Ralph, you'll see just as much??if not more--throwback stuff than their regular arena-league-esque uniforms.

Just 3 small tweaks I'd make: swap the standing buffalo out (but keep it as an alternate logo) for the charging buffalo, which I think is a timeless logo that still works today even though its 35+ years old; Swap the gray facemask for a royal blue one; Reverse the pant striping to match the helmet. That's it.

billshelmet.jpg

I can live with that. It looks good.

To both you and OldSchoolVikings I have to ask, what difference does it make if the stripes match? There are no steadfast rules for such things. Is it just about symmetry?

BB52Big.jpg

I really think there's some steam building towards making these the full-time uniforms. When you're at the Ralph, you'll see just as much??if not more--throwback stuff than their regular arena-league-esque uniforms.

The current Bills stuff needs to be replaced. I think most can agree on that. But the "throwback" look is not and should not be the way the Bills go. There can be ELEMENTS of that look, that can transfer over. But not the whole look (the reasons are obvious and have been mentioned in this thread already).

The Bills should go to a ROYAL BLUE helmet. Don't need another white helmet; especially in the AFC East. Royal blue helmet, with the current Bills helmet logo (the standing Buffalo is weak and the Bills winning history dates back to the current logo). Go with a white facemask and simplified striping on the helmet (possibly match the pant stripe).

They need to de-emphasize red in their scheme, making it (at most) a accent color.

White numbers, outlined in red on blue jerseys. Blue numbers on white jersey, outlined in red.

I think the throwback pants (the white ones) would work fine with the new look. Add in a royal blue pair (with the same pant striping) and that would complete the pant set.

Solid royal blue socks. Black shoes.

I think after the past redesign, the new Bills stuff/uniforms will be simple and more "conservative". And these would do the trick.

I heard a couple rumors on various sites saying that the Vikings will go with purple jerseys and pants today. Let's all hope these rumors are true, it's just something different!

Nope the Vikings are wearing the MISMATCHED Purple Helmet with the BORING purple jersey. Old school is garbage sometimes and this is one of those times.

4267596-wir-bears-vikings-football-11_30_2008-21-18-22.jpg

I respectfully disagree sir. Those Vikings throwbacks are, helmet aside, superior to the current over piped/panelled mess they usually wear these days.

Agreed. These Vikings throwbacks are far superior to their new set, which is too busy.

If they would match up the color of the modern set with the design and striping of the old, it would be as perfect as a purple uniform could be. Until that happens, I prefer the old.

Same applies to the Falcons yesterday...the "old" is far better and a combo of the old and new could look incredible, using red helmets of course.

87Redskins.png

[To both you and OldSchoolVikings I have to ask, what difference does it make if the stripes match? There are no steadfast rules for such things. Is it just about symmetry?

To me, when there are two instances of the same type of striping on the same background colour (in this case, 3 thick stripes that touch) that are different from each other, it looks like a mistake.

I am all for that mock-up, epper. I think the charging buffalo looks better on a white helmet than red. The only thing I'm concerned about is the sleeve stripes. It looks great on the quarterback, but I think up to the bottom half might get cut off on a lineman or wide receiver's jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I am all for that mock-up, epper. I think the charging buffalo looks better on a white helmet than red. The only thing I'm concerned about is the sleeve stripes. It looks great on the quarterback, but I think up to the bottom half might get cut off on a lineman or wide receiver's jersey.

they don't look horrible on the linemen sleeves....kinda like the steelers and browns stripes. maybe they could be streamlined a little more to look like Ohio State's sleeve stripes.

capt.0f9229690545475389167d47a8a85dbb.dolphins_bills_football_nydd108.jpg539w.jpg

Archived