Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

The Big Ten will take their time, but Nebraska won't be the only addition. Delaney will be patient, though.

As for ruining college football, it might make it better. Imagine 4 conferences of 16 teams. 64 major schools. They all leave the stupidity of the NCAA and keep their money, hold their own tournaments and championships. Could happen.

Where will the PAC 10 and Big 10 championship games be Jerry World?, Rose Bowl?, Lucas Oil?, Lambeau?

I predict the PAC 10 title games could be at the Rose Bowl, Jerry World aka Cowboys Stadium (if the texas schools decide to join), Qwest Field, the new Santa Clara Stadium the Niners will build.

As for the Big 10, Lucas Oil (durr), Soldier Field, The Horseshoe, Ford Field, Lambeau.... haha I'm just throwing wild guesses but wouldn't be surprised if they were selected.

Where will the PAC 10 and Big 10 championship games be Jerry World?, Rose Bowl?, Lucas Oil?, Lambeau?

As for the Big 10, Lucas Oil (durr), Soldier Field, The Horseshoe, Ford Field, Lambeau.... haha I'm just throwing wild guesses but wouldn't be surprised if they were selected.

Eh, probably not The Shoe, but I could see Cleveland or Cincy in the mix instead.

I predict the PAC 10 title games could be at the Rose Bowl, Jerry World aka Cowboys Stadium (if the texas schools decide to join), Qwest Field, the new Santa Clara Stadium the Niners will build.

I would add University of Phoenix Stadium with the Pacific 16 as well as the rest

I would add University of Phoenix Stadium with the Pacific 16 as well as the rest

This is what I thought you wrote there for a second:

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Ultimately, you could theoretically have what would amount to a 16 team super playoff. 2 divisions of 8 teams each for each of the 4 conferences. At the end of the season, you have the top 2 teams in each division play each other, then the winner of those games play in your conference championship game, which does exist in some conferences now. Then, you take all of the conference champions and put them up against each other in a national semifinal, with the winners the meeting in the national championship game.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Ultimately, you could theoretically have what would amount to a 16 team super playoff. 2 divisions of 8 teams each for each of the 4 conferences. At the end of the season, you have the top 2 teams in each division play each other, then the winner of those games play in your conference championship game, which does exist in some conferences now. Then, you take all of the conference champions and put them up against each other in a national semifinal, with the winners the meeting in the national championship game.

I was rehashing this same scenario at work today, minus the Division Champ Game, but the problem remains here that the Mountain West would still gripe.

Nobody other than the 4 Megaconferences (Pac 16, Big 16, SEC, Big East/ACC conglomerate) could compete for the title. Ever.

I would say the 4 Mega conference champs, then 2 at-larges. Either the highest ranked Megaconference runner-up and the highest ranked Non-Megaconference team, Or just the two highest ranked teams outside the 4 champs.

The most clean cut way to do it would be just the 4 conference champs, but like I said, the little guys will gripe more than they do now about the BCS. Now there is some small shot at it. In the other way, they don't even have the opportunity.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The SEC should stay the same, The Big 10 adds Nebraska,Notre Dame, Rutgers, Pitt and Mizzou. The Pac 10 adds the Big 12 South.

Mountain West adds Boise St, Kansas, and Nevada. Kansas St to Big East. Iowa St and Baylor go to C-USA.

Ideally there are 120 FBS schools, so there should be 10 12 team conferences, but for some reason it never does.

The SEC should stay the same, The Big 10 adds Nebraska,Notre Dame, Rutgers, Pitt and Mizzou. The Pac 10 adds the Big 12 South.

Mountain West adds Boise St, Kansas, and Nevada. Kansas St to Big East. Iowa St and Baylor go to C-USA.

Ideally there are 120 FBS schools, so there should be 10 12 team conferences, but for some reason it never does.

The SEC isn't gonna stand by and be left in the dust, and The Big East is adding no one, as they'll be dead.

You will have the three super-conferences (Maybe 4, depending on how badly the ACC gets ripped to shreds by the SEC) that will have their playoff and be the center of the college football universe, and everyone else will just be around, playing bowl games that no one will care about anymore...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png