Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

If the Big XII were smart they'd grab Boise State and TCU to replace Colorado and Nebraska.

I think it would be in their best interest to make a run at the two Utah schools, Utah and BYU. Both schools put a better product on the field year-in and year-out than any other school in the Big XII region, especially in both football AND men's hoops. Plus, BYU has a HUGE following. And can anybody name the last time Boise State or TCU even made the NCAA Tourney??

6uXNWAo.png

If the Big XII were smart they'd grab Boise State and TCU to replace Colorado and Nebraska.

I think it would be in their best interest to make a run at the two Utah schools, Utah and BYU. Both schools put a better product on the field year-in and year-out than any other school in the Big XII region.

That's a good move as well although Utah is rumored to be headed to The PAC-10 if The Big XII stays intact. TCU is another good option. In any case, if Texas and A&M stick around, The Big XII could actually turn this whole thing into a real positive. They could end up a being better conference when it's all said and done.

This is getting interesting.

BB52Big.jpg

Poor Hawaii after all the teams that made BCS Bowls, they are left in the terrible wac with fresno.

Hawaii was boned the second June Jones left.

Granted, they were also arguably the worst team to ever play in a BCS Bowl.

True, but it would be cool to have teams go to hawaii and play they have good hs players.

So do California, Texas, and Florida. And better yet, you don't have to deal with bloody jet lag.

So does Nj, but it would be nice to dee all the top hawaiian players play for there home state.

Except they don't. And they know that the bright lights of the TV viewing public are going to be asleep when they are playing. Also, flying sucks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think it would be in their best interest to make a run at the two Utah schools, Utah and BYU. Both schools put a better product on the field year-in and year-out than any other school in the Big XII region, especially in both football AND men's hoops. Plus, BYU has a HUGE following. And can anybody name the last time Boise State or TCU even made the NCAA Tourney??

Um, hello! Boise made the Men's Tourny in 2008... I assume that everyone forgot about that since, you know, the football team is that much better.

I think it would be in their best interest to make a run at the two Utah schools, Utah and BYU. Both schools put a better product on the field year-in and year-out than any other school in the Big XII region.

That's a good move as well although Utah is rumored to be headed to The PAC-10 if The Big XII stays intact. TCU is another good option. In any case, if Texas and A&M stick around, The Big XII could actually turn this whole thing into a real positive. They could end up a being better conference when it's all said and done.

This is getting interesting.

Except the financial inequalities that helped precipitate this whole thing remain/have been exacerbated. Give it another 5 years, and the Conference "Have Nots" are definitely going to be looking at other options. Which unfortunately furthers Texas' narrative goal of not being the "bad guy" in the eventual breakup.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Poor Hawaii after all the teams that made BCS Bowls, they are left in the terrible wac with fresno.

Hawaii was boned the second June Jones left.

Granted, they were also arguably the worst team to ever play in a BCS Bowl.

True, but it would be cool to have teams go to hawaii and play they have good hs players.

So do California, Texas, and Florida. And better yet, you don't have to deal with bloody jet lag.

So does Nj, but it would be nice to dee all the top hawaiian players play for there home state.

Except they don't. And they know that the bright lights of the TV viewing public are going to be asleep when they are playing. Also, flying sucks.

They could change that by playing there games at 1 Hawaii Time.

Yes....that's a brilliant idea, playing football games in a tropical climate in the middle of the day. And both the jet lag problem remain as does the greater problem that no network is going to pick up a Hawaii game for prime time because they lack the national following.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yes....that's a brilliant idea, playing football games in a tropical climate in the middle of the day. And both the jet lag problem remain as does the greater problem that no network is going to pick up a Hawaii game for prime time because they lack the national following.

They do it in Miami, and Jet lag doesn't get fixed in 6 or 7 Hours.

They do it in Miami, and Jet lag doesn't get fixed in 6 or 7 Hours.

Bingo. Hence why they depart for schools on the continent for their education.

Today, we are all otaku.

Larry Scott Confirms Texas Declines Pac-10 Invite

There is a lot which make me very curious with this Big XII-Lite (10 teams).

1-Where did the additional $6-9M/team come from for a new TV package when their footprint becomes even more regional and after you lose Colorado and Nebraska? Colorado was billed to add no value to the conference.

2-There still is a difference in the have/have-nots in terms of income which Mizzou was already crying about. If I was IA State, I would be happy to double my income, but I still would be p*ssed that three teams will get more (UT. OU, aTm)

3-Adding a team like TCU does little for additional viewers since there more Texas Exs and former A&M students in the DFW marketplace. The only reward would be at the gate as TCU would finally have sellouts. (However, TCU is also has a capital campaign to renovate Amon Carter Stadium; reduce capacity at first to 40K, but add suites and have the capability to expand to 55K).

4-If it all about money, when why expand anymore?

5-Is News Corp. (Fox/Fox Sports) really prepared to have a Pac-12 and Big XII-Lite channel(s)? I think that ESPN/ABC forces this deal more than Fox.

I have a prediction where that extra money comes from.

Those poor blighters in what was once the Big XII North.

Perhaps Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and Iowa State need to start negotiating with some other conferences. I hear the Mountain West is looking for AQ status.

Today, we are all otaku.

I have a prediction where that extra money comes from.

Those poor blighters in what was once the Big XII North.

Perhaps Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and Iowa State need to start negotiating with some other conferences. I hear the Mountain West is looking for AQ status.

The Big XII-Lite did just become a much tougher basketball conference since the two worst teams have left.

Question, now that the Big 12 survived and the Pac-10 will only go to 12 does the Big Ten stop its expansion at Nebraska or now that Texas is out of the picture does it move on to try to blow up the Big East, expand their tv footprint, and try to force the other big fish Notre Dame in?

I think the Big Ten might continue at their original timeline. Two of the goals were to get one of the two big fish and expand their tv footprint. Adding Nebraska while nice from a football program standpoint does not greatly expand the Big Ten network's footprint. One of the big fish may still be out there. Even if they don't get Notre Dame and only go to 14 they can say it was successful because they got a marquee program (Nebraska) and expanded their footprint (two new schools presumably from the east).

I don't think we're in the clear yet... unless Texas (and Oklahoma) also said no to the SEC as well and no one's reported it.

Besides, all it has to take is the Big Ten going after Rutgers (which according to all sources is close to a done deal) for this to start right back up again.

Question, now that the Big 12 survived and the Pac-10 will only go to 12 does the Big Ten stop its expansion at Nebraska or now that Texas is out of the picture does it move on to try to blow up the Big East, expand their tv footprint, and try to force the other big fish Notre Dame in?

I think the Big Ten might continue at their original timeline. Two of the goals were to get one of the two big fish and expand their tv footprint. Adding Nebraska while nice from a football program standpoint does not greatly expand the Big Ten network's footprint. One of the big fish may still be out there. Even if they don't get Notre Dame and only go to 14 they can say it was successful because they got a marquee program (Nebraska) and expanded their footprint (two new schools presumably from the east).

I think the Big 10 gets aggressive now. I think they make a big push at Maryland to get the Baltimore/DC market. I think they move for a NY team i.e. Syracuse, or Rutgers.

They get 14 teams, and then they make a strategic move on ND. I don't think ND wants to be an odd number team in the conference. I think they want to be "the final team." So I think if the Big 10 goes and say hey... here it is... Nebraska, Maryland, Syracuse, and Virginia are all on board... I think ND makes the jump.

I do NOT see the Big 10 resting now. I think they will get more aggressive. I think they see the potential to put a strangle hold on the college landscape. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a push for Mizzou. I know Mizzou has come out and said "oh no we love the Big 12" even after they wanted to be the first school to jump ship. I think if the Big 10 asks for a date, Mizzou would be glad to hike up her skirt.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I don't think we're in the clear yet... unless Texas (and Oklahoma) also said no to the SEC as well and no one's reported it.

Besides, all it has to take is the Big Ten going after Rutgers (which according to all sources is close to a done deal) for this to start right back up again.

Texas has announced already that they are staying in the Big 12, so the SEC is off the table for now. Plus that was something that I don't think Texas would want as the SEC deal with ESPN turns over all the league inventory to them. Texas wants to start their own network, which the Big 12 is allowing them to do that the other conferences wouldn't allow.

As for the second point I agree.

EDIT: As for the network who stepped up to save the Big 12, it was Fox it seems.

Edited by jkrdevil