Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

As of when NYT's Pete Thamel filed his report yesterday, early talks between members did not mention Texas schools. Reportedly, the early list is:

1- Notre Dame (like everybody else)

2- Arkansas (stealing them back from the SEC)

3- BYU

4- Pitt

That's why I said the Texas legislature, not the Big XII. There's difference between the league's wish-list and who is actually going to get into the league.

TX Legislature is not going to be there issue; the Missouri Chancellor is the chair of the committee is Brady Deaton

The Big XII is now Texas + 8. He's the Chair of the COMMITTEE. It's a group decision not just his and the Legislature will make as big a push as possible for another or multiple new Texas-based members.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I had a thought... now that Boise State is a major football school, do you think that the Pac-12 would ever take them in. The only problem I see with it is that Boise State is not really good at other sports. What are your thoughts?

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

I had a thought... now that Boise State is a major football school, do you think that the Pac-12 would ever take them in. The only problem I see with it is that Boise State is not really good at other sports. What are your thoughts?

I asked this to my uncle, who works for the Oregon athletic department, and he basically laughed at my face. Not only do they lack and prowess in any other sports, but their academics are way below Pac-12 standards. They're not even being considered.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

In a word...NO.

While Boise State competes in the Pac-12 for wrestling, Stanford, Cal and USC do not want to be officially grouped with Boise State in terms of academics as they only offer terminal degrees (PhD) in less than five areas.

Boise also has a AD budget of around $31M, which is still $20M lower than the average for a Pac-12 school and $8M short of the lowest school, Washington State.

Wrestling already competes in the PAC, and the basketball program is on the rise. However, if Boise gets invited to the PAC, my guess is that it would be for football only.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Boise State is a jumped up community college. Jumped up community colleges do not do heavy academic and scientific research. This is not happening for decades, if ever.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sorry, I dont like to post two things in a row but I thought it was kind of important.

Oklahoma is weighing their options.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6923495/oklahoma-sooners-president-david-boren-says-school-interest-multiple-conferences

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Boise State is a jumped up community college. Jumped up community colleges do not do heavy academic and scientific research. This is not happening for decades, if ever.

Something tells me that when the super-conferences start forming, the PAC will drop the Lofty Academic Standards act and go after programs that win and get high media exposure. It's either that or keep turning up their noses at every school and watch the Bigs and the SEC balloon up to massive sizes.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Isn't that what has already started to happen (Nebraska to B1G and then having their AAU Member Institution status rescinded)?

See earlier conversation. AAU membership is contingent on you doing the "right" research. Even though it is rather critical to keeping our species alive and functioning agronomy (which Nebraska is spending a decent chunk of change on because, well, DUH!) is not the "right" research. :rolleyes:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The B1G keeps waving around the flag of "All our schools are AAU M.I.'s! We're smarter than you are, SEC!" It's kind of strange that they'd completely abandon that now that Nebraska's membership got rescinded.

I wonder when someone will come out and just admit that it's all about the money. I remember back when conference affiliation used to mean something other than simply being in the right place to attract the most TV viewers.

The B1G keeps waving around the flag of "All our schools are AAU M.I.'s! We're smarter than you are, SEC!" It's kind of strange that they'd completely abandon that now that Nebraska's membership got rescinded.

I wonder when someone will come out and just admit that it's all about the money. I remember back when conference affiliation used to mean something other than simply being in the right place to attract the most TV viewers.

PROTIP: Once the CIC money starts flowing in Nebraska's probably going to get back in. (Well that, and the rest of the Big Ten is probably going to tell the rest of the AAU's membership that their stance is kind of stupid.)

Today, we are all otaku.

It's also worth mentioning half the AAU MI's don't have FBS football programs. I dunno if the AAU cares enough about the B1G to get strong-armed into giving Nebraska it's MI status back. They'll probably say something like "you shoulda invited Tulane, LOL! U MAD, B1G?"

It's also worth mentioning half the AAU MI's don't have FBS football programs. I dunno if the AAU cares enough about the B1G to get strong-armed into giving Nebraska it's MI status back. They'll probably say something like "you shoulda invited Tulane, LOL! U MAD, B1G?"

Yeah....that's not the attitude I would take with a group of schools that collectively award 15% of the Nation's PhDs, and have control of 12% of total Federal Research funds.....in addition to their mostly being large state schools.

Today, we are all otaku.

If I'm the AAU, I won't let the B1G strong-arm me when my membership includes MIT, CalTech, Rochester Tech, Johns Hopkins and the entire Ivy League. At least there is one association of schools where academics still trumps football.

If I'm the AAU, I won't let the B1G strong-arm me when my membership includes MIT, CalTech, Rochester Tech, Johns Hopkins and the entire Ivy League. At least there is one association of schools where academics money still trumps football.

Fixed for truth.

Today, we are all otaku.

If I'm the AAU, I won't let the B1G strong-arm me when my membership includes MIT, CalTech, Rochester Tech, Johns Hopkins and the entire Ivy League. At least there is one association of schools where academic. s still trumps football.

Where would you like the following to occur? Not football, but...

The AAU votes by themselves. CalTech = space science and engineering, MIT = science, Johns Hopkins = medicine

To quote myself:

LAND OF THE MEGA CONFERENCES

SEC

East

Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

West

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, Texas A&M

PAC-16

North

California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State

South

Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah

ACC

Atlantic

Boston College, Connecticut, Louisville, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia

Coastal

Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

BIG 16

Legends

Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame

Leaders

Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin