Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Not quite. They still get love every pre-season no matter how bad they were the year before.

That begs the question - how the hell can Notre Dame get that kind of treatment but not Michigan?

Michigan gets way overhyped every year too, though. Maybe not as much as Notre Dame, but it's sure there.

EDIT: Talking about the media, not necessarily the polls

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Notre Dame just doesn't get the talent it used to. The academics could be the reason... or it could be the lack of tattoos, hookers, and cars offered by the University. Either way, ND just isn't getting the talent anymore, at least not the top level talent.

Notre Dame's best chance to get back to the National Championship game is to join the Big 10. Even if the Big 10 is the second best football conference in the nation, its still their best shot. If they join the Big 10, happen to run the table and beat the likes of Ohio State, Nebraska, and Wisconsin along the way, they are nearly a shoe in to play for the BCS title.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Academics may be the reason but I do know of at least one recruit who had iffy academics and possibly wouldn't have made it ND at all suddenly was a early enrollee. And oddly enough his mom suddenly had a new job in Northern Indiana.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I can tell you one thing. The Big XII is gonna talk with all the teams, and they're going to say "Whatever the cost, T A&M cannot win the conference." That would just be the ultimate insult to injury.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I can tell you one thing. The Big XII is gonna talk with all the teams, and they're going to say "Whatever the cost, T A&M cannot win the conference." That would just be the ultimate insult to injury.

Nebraska went to the Big 12 title game last fall, so not ike that can't happen

But, you did see how Nebraska got royally screwed last year in their game against A&M, didn't you?

Montreal screw job?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nebraska went to the Big 12 title game last fall, so not ike that can't happen

But they didn't win. And A&M might be is the entire reason the conference collapsed.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Texas A&M accepted into the SEC? Virginia Tech would make more sense in the SEC. The B10 Ten can't afford to lose out on Mizzou.

Commence realignment landslide. Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Texas to the Pac-12.

The next week is going to be wild.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Texas A&M accepted into the SEC? Virginia Tech would make more sense in the SEC. The B10 Ten can't afford to lose out on Mizzou.

Commence realignment landslide. Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Texas to the Pac-12.

Texas won't end up in the Pac-12(16?). The conference has already told Texas they'd have to fold their baby, the Longhorn Network, into the Pac-12's new TV network. And that alone would be a deal breaker for Texas after the time and money they've put into it. I do think it's likely the two Oklahoma teams make the jump to the Pac-12, but word is Texas would rather explore saving the Big 12 with a slew of new additions (leaving them the king of the hill like they are today), or if that fails going the indy route for football with their other sports in the ACC.

Texas won't end up in the Pac-12(16?). The conference has already told Texas they'd have to fold their baby, the Longhorn Network, into the Pac-12's new TV network. And that alone would be a deal breaker for Texas after the time and money they've put into it. I do think it's likely the two Oklahoma teams make the jump to the Pac-12, but word is Texas would rather explore saving the Big 12 with a slew of new additions (leaving them the king of the hill like they are today), or if that fails going the indy route for football with their other sports in the ACC.

Wouldn't the SEC make more sense?

No surprise on A&M going to the SEC. All along, the SEC didn't want to look like the bad guys and make it look like they were taking teams from another conference. A&M got everything cleared up and they took 'em exactly a week after they left the conference. The Baylor lawsuit is just a minor speed bump. In my eyes, Baylor's feelings are just hurt that A&M didn't think of them at all through all of this and abandoned them. OH well. They can continue to butter up to the T-Sips and maybe they'll bring them along wherever they end up.

I'm not surprised about the Missouri rumors. All along I was hearing that Missouri was either the 15th or 16th team and that even though school officials said they weren't in talks with the SEC, they actually were. I guess if they do end up being the 14th, they just move Auburn over to the SEC East and make sure they play 'Bama every year.

I think West Virginia completely came out of left field and I really have nothing to say about them other than I'd be really surprised if they were the 14th. I've been hearing V-Tech, on this board and elsewhere, but as I've stated before, Louisville was another team that I've been hearing from sources, but not really discussed elsewhere.

I guess we shall see how this all plays out, should be fun though.

Texas A&M would just join UF, UGA, USCe, and UK in blocking an in-state rival from joining.

I think the biggest beef with in-state rivals joining is because of football. I don't think it's as big of an issue in other sports. I haven't actually though of Texas joining the SEC for other sports and it makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: Still think the Longhorn Network would become an issue though.