The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand the scouse, but it seems like a trivial and silly way to end a great partnership between club and sponsor. I won't be the same hating them in anything other than a Carlsberg sponsored shirt...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

I still miss seing Crown Paints and Candy as Liverpool sponsors. Although I didn't realize they were losing Carlsberg. Is there a thread on it I missed? I think Liverpool/Carlsberg's 18 years together is an EPL record for a shirt sponsor, correct?

I still miss seing Crown Paints and Candy as Liverpool sponsors. Although I didn't realize they were losing Carlsberg. Is there a thread on it I missed? I think Liverpool/Carlsberg's 18 years together is an EPL record for a shirt sponsor, correct?

Arsenal were sponsored by JVC for 18 years (1981-1999), and Manchester United promoted Sharp for twenty years between 1982 and 2002 but those pre date (at the beginning at least) the EPL. Bolton Wanderers were sponsored by Reebok between 1990 and 2009, but that included times in lower divisions as well. So just counting the EPL, yeah the Carlsberg/Liverpool tie up is the record.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Arsenal were sponsored by JVC for 18 years (1981-1999), and Manchester United promoted Sharp for twenty years between 1982 and 2002 but those pre date (at the beginning at least) the EPL. Bolton Wanderers were sponsored by Reebok between 1990 and 2009, but that included times in lower divisions as well. So just counting the EPL, yeah the Carlsberg/Liverpool tie up is the record.

Great info, but one change, Vodafone became the Man United sponsor in 2000...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

• 2 weeks later...

Inter just had a perfect season and now the only way is down. Jose is going to Madrid, away shirts have some sort of redneck tribal dragon and now these are rumored to be their home kits:

inter-milan-10-11-nike-home-shirt-leaked-g.jpg

Let's hope those rumors aren't correct.

Oh Lord!

I1002_2.jpg

Is Christian Audigier designing soccer jerseys now?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nike started the retro, super simple craze a couple years ago, now it looks like they're trying to go 90's. Watch other designers follow soon.

Hate the dragon one though. Love the home, better than just simple stripes (which gets old year after year, so I like that they're putting some flair into it)

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

St. Pauli's shirts look PHENOMENAL.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Won't Inter add a second Gold Star to their kit, above the crest, to honor yesterday's UEFA Championship?

No, because they have 18 Italian league titles, 2 more titles and they will have their second gold star. 1 gold star= every 10 italian league titles and 1 silver star = every 10 coppa italia titles.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Won't Inter add a second Gold Star to their kit, above the crest, to honor yesterday's UEFA Championship?

No, you get to wear the gold star for winning 10 Italian championships. Inter has 18 of those, so two more for the second star.

But on the sleeve they can wear a patch like this:

811l.jpg

And on the the front they'll have the scudetto:

666-Italy-flag-S.gif

and the cup winners patch:

coppa-italia-patch.jpg

Somebody already sketched what their shirt will look like, should they win the FIFA Club World Cup too:

interjt.jpg

:D

edit. I was slow

Archived