Minnesota VIkings UPDATE 1

chestnutz

Thank you everyone for the input, here's a quick little update.

-Back to yellow, most people seemed to want that.

-Purple facemask.

-Tweaked the mouth/eyebrow/nose area and size of the horn on the primary logo.

-Took away the double outline on MV logo and wordmark.

-Tried to make the MV logo look more serifed, I want to try and make it work.

-New number font.

-Switched the colors on the purple jersey striping.

-Introduced yellow pants instead of purple, something different let me know if y'all like it.

vikings-logos2.png

vikings-unis2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update on the logo- the ambiguous features in the mouth/chin region are much better than the detail or line you had there. Nice job there.

The secondary is still bugging me. Although I feel the horns look animal-ish, if you wanted to make the design work- I'd like to see you modify the serifs on the "M" to make them curved rather than squared off. I picture removing the inside serifs on the M and rounding off the outside serifs into a point, maybe?

Still, nice concept here chestnutz.

Absolutely loving the update! I think the MV logo is great, loved the original version you did (I still remember seeing it and thinking it was the coolest thing ever). It kinda reminds me of Minnesota State Manketo, which isn't a bad thing. I have always been a huge fan of purple pants for the Vikes, especially on the road. What you have done here looks great. Nice job!

I think the horns on the logo are too short... or the braid is too long. The logo is unbalanced.

The hair just doesn't quite work and the highlights on the hair are on the opposite side than those on the helmet. The only other issue I have is that I think you really need the black as an outline in the logo. I know the one on the field at MOA field doesn't use the black background and just uses the purple, but I have never seen it work anywhere other than there.

But that's just one man's opinion.

I like the ideas, I especially like the white uniforms going back to resemble the UCLA shoulder stripes. But I'm not keen on the purple jerseys... something just doesn't feel right.

And I agree with C Jay Z... no to the yellow pants (and no to the purple ones too)

I'm really not sure that I like the basic block font on these. While the uniform isn't too modern, it seems like an odd combination of traditional and contemporary. Almost creates a collegiate look IMO.

Digging the yellow pants with the white jersey, but not so much with the purple. I think that if there are only going to be two pants, purple would probably be the best second option.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I saw the original and was like "Meh..." and nodding in agreement with many of the comments, especially with regard to the number font. So when I saw the update I literally slammed my fist on the table and said "Hell yeah!" I absolutely love it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

my only problem with this - and i KNOW this is ONLY a concept - but ALL the new uniforms in the NFL have the same style pants. They are all pointed stripes, pointing towards the knee. I would like to see more variety.

As i said... the MV logo might be perfect. and i think the uniforms are coming along.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

the yellow pants just don't seem to "fit." i would like to see 2 kinda of pants, and the only thing i can think of is switching the stripe colors between the pants. so purple in front of yellow, and then yellow in front of purple. I'm not sure if that will really make it pop, but the yellow just, looks off.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

i really like that MV thing. brilliant idea. is that all yours or have they done that in the past?

I've never seen something like it in the past, although I'm sure it's been done before. I remember about 2 years ago when I first thought up the logo just sketching around and coming up with it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

i really like that MV thing. brilliant idea. is that all yours or have they done that in the past?

The Vikings do have a secondary "V" logo that's used on occasion, but nothing that combines the "MV" together.

Archived