NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I remember ColorWerx showing us the PANTONE values he'd received for the Ducks before their current look was unveiled, and that the color scheme was primarily dark green, with orange and bronze as accents. Would have loved that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks jersey is good, but I still hate the black, especially considering that ducks aren't black at all (I know, they aren't purple or teal either).

Had they gone with the orange, or even the gold as a jersey base, that would have rocked the roost. Maybe down the road, they'll do something like that (hopefully).

I still say they should replace the black with dark, dark green. That'd be a boat rocker.

Eggplant and JADE <_< The Sharks are teal... (Sorry. Just a peeve of mine regarding the Ducks old colors)

I don't think a base orange jersey would have looked that great, unless they managed to dull the thing down with more black. The Ducks orange is too bright for a full jersey. Look at that Sharks Halloween practice jersey. I wouldn't want something that bright full-time. I know the Flyers is bright, but they make it work pretty damn well. Plus you don't need too BRIGHT orange teams in the league.

The Gold is also a bit too dull for a full jersey. It would look similar to the old Preds mustard 3rd that was horrible. I've tried and looked at several different mock-ups with the gold base and it just seems off. It's not something that could be full-time, or something I'd want even part time.

The dark dark green would have been perfect, like many have said. It just makes more sense. And even with the owners reasoning for picking the colors (black/gold for the military from close-by Camp Pendleton and orange for, duh, Orange County), the dark green would have worked. (Look at the Padres military uniforms. Dark green and gold. It works). It would have been a link to the old colors to some degree as well. But I think that's also why they ditched the green, to initially separate from the Disney Mighty years.

And according to Icethetics and someone who has seen the jersey up close on my Ducks message board, this is indeed the 100% real deal. This is what the Ducks will be wearing. Basically, FansEdge messed up and jumped the gun.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And according to Icethetics and someone who has seen the jersey up close on my Ducks message board, this is indeed the 100% real deal. This is what the Ducks will be wearing. Basically, FansEdge messed up and jumped the gun.

HA! Wasn't there some recent talk in this thread over the fact that the Ducks had gone this long without having anybody leak it? Then, coincidentally, this pops up. This is pretty cool. Well, for us. Maybe not for the Ducks. :P

I don't think a base orange jersey would have looked that great, unless they managed to dull the thing down with more black. The Ducks orange is too bright for a full jersey. Look at that Sharks Halloween practice jersey. I wouldn't want something that bright full-time. I know the Flyers is bright, but they make it work pretty damn well. Plus you don't need too BRIGHT orange teams in the league.

TWO bright orange jerseys wouldn't be TOO much... IMO, there's never too much orange :)

I think The Flyers' orange BRIGHTtness is very appropriate for their fans who AREN"T themselves... I think they must have had problems with players being hit by projectiles, being mistaken for referees, less bright, would be too close to red, Santa's clolour...

p.s.: I had messed up the HTML quote tags attributing the above paragraph to the wrong member - Sorry!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

HA! Wasn't there some recent talk in this thread over the fact that the Ducks had gone this long without having anybody leak it? Then, coincidentally, this pops up. This is pretty cool. Well, for us. Maybe not for the Ducks. :P

Yeah I was the one I said that :P:lol:

I planned the whole thing. Including having someone else break the news. I am the guilty FansEdge employee :lol:

It was bound to happen. Now Columbus, the ball is in your court.

Sharks wearing Halloween shirts at practice today...

Can't find any reference to the purpose of this shirt other than using it as practice shirt and auction them for charity.

sharkshalloween.jpg

That's what it is for. They usually do this 3-4 times every season. Usually it's Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day.

Cool! At least they don't do the stupid thing the AHL, ECHL and MLB do with those novelty items...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I'm guessing the names and numbers will be white/black/orange.

The only thing I don't care for in that Ducks third is the shoulder piping. Everything else looks really good, and it feels like a design that correctly utilizes the Edge template, rather than one compromised into it, or a lazy click-and-fill design. I may consider picking that one up, assuming there's a good offseason clearance sale on authentics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3rdJerseyLeakFront.jpg3rdJerseyLeakBack.jpg

2 things:

- the orange yolk needs to be eliminated. i find it to be an unnecessary addition to the jersey. hurricanes and coyotes come to mind with unnecessary shoulder yolks.

-switch black with a dark green.

other wise this is a superb jersey and if i was still buying jerseys like i was 10 years ago i probably would buy this. I really like this jersey and is light years ahead of what they wear now.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't understand shoulder piping. If you're not going to use separate-colored shoulder panels like New Jersey or Boston, what's the sense in drawing attention to the fact that shoulder panels exist? You can reduce to absurdity and ask what the point is of anything on a hockey sweater with no clear functional merit, but the point is that it really doesn't look good. It looks like something that would be a popular element on women's teams. No, actually, you know what it is? It's the Concepts folder's old obsession with colored plackets on baseball jerseys, but in real life this time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is it just me or does the Jock Tag look a little... off? I get the feeling that part was photoshopped in...

Most professional online items are photoshopped so they look the best as possible.

I notice it mainly on hats and articles of clothing where they have similar patterns with different logos. These may not be the best 2 examples, but I can tell.

p8507228dt.jpgp8507266dt.jpg

bufg.png

I think the singular crest is the way to go for a hockey jersey. The Edge cut, the move toward piping and side panels and the pace of the game makes it hard for a wordmark to really show well on the front.

Yeah, that even goes for my team -- the Capitals. Still waiting for a jersey with the W-eagle on the front.

I like this use of the D for the Ducks. Still working out where I fall on the colors, though.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

TWO bright orange jerseys wouldn't be TOO much... IMO, there's never too much orange :)

I think The Flyers' orange BRIGHTtness is very appropriate for their fans who AREN"T themselves... I think they must have had problems with players being hit by projectiles, being mistaken for referees, less bright, would be too close to red, Santa's clolour...

p.s.: I had messed up the HTML quote tags attributing the above paragraph to the wrong member - Sorry!

...Says the guy questioning the intelligence of a team's entire fan base.

But seriously, I dig the new Ducks jersey, and definitely plan on getting one. I'm thinking, if Cam Fowler sticks with the team, I'll get his #54 jersey, even though I'm assuming he'll eventually change that number. As long as he's on the team, and still #54, at the time of the official on-ice unveiling, then I'll go with it. I kind of like having jerseys that are specifically dated by number changes. For example, I have a Getzlaf #51 jersey, from when he was a rookie, and he didn't get his choice of #15 yet.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

...Says the guy questioning the intelligence of a team's entire fan base.

But seriously, I dig the new Ducks jersey, and definitely plan on getting one. I'm thinking, if Cam Fowler sticks with the team, I'll get his #54 jersey, even though I'm assuming he'll eventually change that number. As long as he's on the team, and still #54, at the time of the official on-ice unveiling, then I'll go with it. I kind of like having jerseys that are specifically dated by number changes. For example, I have a Getzlaf #51 jersey, from when he was a rookie, and he didn't get his choice of #15 yet.

I'm debating on getting either Bobby Ryan's #9 or Fowler. I've wanted a replacement #9 jersey ever since Kariya left how he did, but Fowler is the future. So I'm either thinking of just getting the #54 now, or waiting until he gets his number. We all assume it's going to be #4 (He wanted that in Windsor, but Hall already had it, so he took #24), but I don't want to jump the gun and get the wrong one. I probably wouldn't get #54, because especially if he is our future franchise defenseman, I don't necessarily want his rookie number.

Hell if Fowler does stay past the 9 games before their decision on sending him to juniors or not (which would be after Saturday's game in Detroit, which conveniently was his first NHL start and across the river from Windsor), he may get his number change early. It's happened twice before with Ryan Carter changing from 52 to 20 two years ago, and Bobby Ryan changed from #54 to #9 midway through last season.

It's been the Ducks thing under Randy Carlyle. The only rookies that have started with low numbers were Mark Hartigan (13) and Drew Miller (18), and that was only because their first starts were in the 2007 West Finals and 2007 Cup Finals, respectively. Kunitz (38 to 14), Penner (76 to 17), Getzlaf (51 to 15), Perry (61 to 10), Ryan (54 to 9), on down the line all started high. It's an easy way to tell the established players from the young players. And generally all free agents are asked to get low numbers. Like Jason Blake was asked to go from his normal 55 to 33 with the Ducks. The only old guy I can remember under Carlyle with a "high" number was Rob Niedermayer, but that was more because he was here before Carlyle and was grandfathered in.

Archived