NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Why cant Reebok simply design a throwback template with a straight hem. Is that so difficult? You know eventually they will redesign the cut and reintroduce the uniforms so why wait?

Because it's still "too soon" for them and the NHL to admit that they were wrong to produce and adopt the Edge templates. (The material may or may not be ok, but the cut of the jerseys is definitely wrong.)

On another note: the Flames really need to switch to the throwbacks permanently. The white "C" and classic look are a sight to behold.

I think it's just a matter of time.

Before the edge jersey the Flames had one of the best selling jersey's the NHL ever saw, I don't mind the Black C, It's the way they executed the jersey when the Edge Template came aboard.

The pre-Edge sweaters were the best the Flames ever had. If they just transferred that design to the Edge template they would look good again.

Agreed, those were perfect. As much as I enjoy the Flames in throwbacks, I would hate for them to jump on the Throwback bandwagon and permanently adopt those uniforms when they had a damn good set just a few seasons ago. Just find a way to revert back to the immediate pre-Edge sweaters and they will be fine w/o having to go too far back in their history. If anything, they should keep the throwback as an alt.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bring back the CCM 6100 cut, make it the league standard and never mess with the jerseys again! They weren't broken and they didn't need to be fixed.

By the time Reebok bought CCM, the armholes on the 6100 were so big that I could practically put my head through the sleeve cuffs. That needed to change. Everything else, though, was brand-building gimmickry.

If nothing else, they need to keep manufacturing old-style CCMs for civilian attire. Big loud drunk dudes who think goals should be awarded for fighting do not look good in speed-enhancing form-fitting Proprietary Performance Fabric, and it's a lot easier to eliminate the sweaters than it is those wearers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just bring back the CCM 6100 cut, make it the league standard and never mess with the jerseys again! They weren't broken and they didn't need to be fixed.

By the time Reebok bought CCM, the armholes on the 6100 were so big that I could practically put my head through the sleeve cuffs. That needed to change. Everything else, though, was brand-building gimmickry.

If nothing else, they need to keep manufacturing old-style CCMs for civilian attire. Big loud drunk dudes who think goals should be awarded for fighting do not look good in speed-enhancing form-fitting Proprietary Performance Fabric, and it's a lot easier to eliminate the sweaters than it is those wearers.

But when wearing the Edge jersies, those loud drunkards can pound brewskies a couple 13, 14% faster than with the old CCMs.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Why cant Reebok simply design a throwback template with a straight hem. Is that so difficult? You know eventually they will redesign the cut and reintroduce the uniforms so why wait?

Because it's still "too soon" for them and the NHL to admit that they were wrong to produce and adopt the Edge templates. (The material may or may not be ok, but the cut of the jerseys is definitely wrong.)

On another note: the Flames really need to switch to the throwbacks permanently. The white "C" and classic look are a sight to behold.

Before the edge jersey the Flames had one of the best selling jersey's the NHL ever saw, I don't mind the Black C, It's the way they executed the jersey when the Edge Template came aboard.

The pre-Edge sweaters were the best the Flames ever had. If they just transferred that design to the Edge template they would look good again.

Agreed, those were perfect. As much as I enjoy the Flames in throwbacks, I would hate for them to jump on the Throwback bandwagon and permanently adopt those uniforms when they had a damn good set just a few seasons ago. Just find a way to revert back to the immediate pre-Edge sweaters and they will be fine w/o having to go too far back in their history. If anything, they should keep the throwback as an alt.

If you make that the 97-2001 era, with the Orange road jerseys and the black thirds, then I'd agree with you. I'm really surprised they didn't try and make a fauxback and mix the eras instead of going with a straight throwback (minus the black nameplate, of course)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If you make that the 97-2001 era, with the Orange road jerseys and the black thirds, then I'd agree with you. I'm really surprised they didn't try and make a fauxback and mix the eras instead of going with a straight throwback (minus the black nameplate, of course)

These? That's a red road sweater, not orange.

In and of itself the home and road set is under-appreciated, I think. Still, we'll never see it make a comeback. Those uniforms represent some of the organization's worst years. The black alternate was also terrible, if only because of the mane-less snot horse logo getting top billing as the primary crest.

I don't like the throwback. It's to plain. The red and gold bleed into each other, they don't pop. If any team ever benefited from the addition of black, it would be the Flames.

Fair enough. I will admit, I don't hate the black C as much as I used to, I just think white is a better color for fire than black. And I will agree--the pre edge sweaters were really spiffy (even with the black). Lastly, as I reconsider my opinion, or at least take your more professional reasons into consideration, I can see how red/white/yellow bleed into each other. Anyway, I do hope it is only a matter of time before Edge is done away with. What a farce.

(On a side note, Calgary seriously needs to ditch the flags from their shoulders. Very tacky.)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

These? That's a red road sweater, not orange.

In and of itself the home and road set is under-appreciated, I think. Still, we'll never see it make a comeback. Those uniforms represent some of the organization's worst years. The black alternate was also terrible, if only because of the mane-less snot horse logo getting top billing as the primary crest.

Oh, s***. I just had a major brainfart when I posted this. I read "Flyers" instead of Flames...I gotta get more sleep, lol.

I agree, the pre-lockout Flames jerseys were the best. The Sea of Red was amazing, and so were the sweaters. You have those two, plus a throwback? Perfection.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Fair enough. I will admit, I don't hate the black C as much as I used to, I just think white is a better color for fire than black.

When used in a fire context, black is the color of the ashes and charred remains after everything has burned to the ground.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Fair enough. I will admit, I don't hate the black C as much as I used to, I just think white is a better color for fire than black.

When used in a fire context, black is the color of the ashes and charred remains after everything has burned to the ground.

Oh! Ok! It really is the perfect color for the Flame(out)s! Man, I'm really happy all you guys are here to help me see these things.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

In this case, there is no reason for the differences in templates in the Flyers set. The design of the 3rd template really doesn't add anything to or compliment any part of their identity. Maybe they could sell it as a forard-thinking jersey (sort of a reverse-throwback since their regulars are throwbacks) but in that case it should have a modernized crest (which would suck, as noted in the discussion about the early '00s orange sweater.) The fact that it's not really that different from the traditional set, and has the same crest, makes it totally clash with their entire identity. At first glance, it looks like it's supposed to be a simple recolor. Then you notice the template differences. We all know it's either just because Reebok / NHL probably makes them keep their original Edge jersey in the rotation for a certain number of years (or until inventory depletes) (just speculation, no facts to back that up), or because they just had them laying around. Hopefully they correct this.

Hmm. Good points all around.

As for those Canucks throwbacks, just stick names on the back and throw the updated stick in rink logo on the front, maybe throw the V/Johnny Canuck logo on the shoulders, and you have the perfect template for a new uniform set. I LOVE the pants stripes and the sleeve V's.

Can't say the same for the Kings though. I'm not against the athletic gold and purple (sorry LA fans its purple not "Forum Blue") colour scheme, but that throwback logo needs to go. It's one of those vintage marks that needs to be left in the past. The current crown isn't much better, actually. Maybe a redesign of the shield logo's the way to go?

First of all, I don't think I've ever heard any one say, "Forum Blue". It's always been purple and gold. As far as the Kings crown logos, well, the same could be said about the Leafs logos too.

First of all, it was The Preacher who kept referring to it as Forum Blue.

As for the Kings' crown logos, way to get pretty defencive about it. I like the "well your team's logo sucks too SO THERE" response. That's always a mature way to go about these things.

If you must know I'm not a fan of the current Leafs logo anyway. I would rather they return to the logo they use on their throwback alternates. The difference between that logo and the Kings' old crown is that the old crown is one overly complex mark. The detail gets lost on smaller applications or if you're at a distance. The throwback Leafs logo, even with all the veins, isn't that bad.

The new crown? I appreciate the attempt, but it just comes off as way to "slick" or "sharp" for lack of a better term. Almost like a cyber-crown. Not a fan.

I wasn't being defensive, I was just pointing out that the same could be said about the Leafs logos.

Anyone have an idea how many times the Kings will wear the black thirds they're wearing tonight this season? And if they make the playoffs, you suspect they'll wear them again?

Kings Black and Silver schedule:

Oct 12 - Atlanta

Nov 11 - Dallas

Dec 26 - Anaheim

Jan 1 - San Jose

Jan 20 - Phoenix

Mar 3 - Phoenix

Mar 7 - Dallas

Mar 24 - San Jose

Apr 2 - Dallas

Apr 6 - Phoenix

Apr 9 - Anaheim

Purple and Gold schedule:

Oct 9 - @ Vancouver

Jan 15 - Edmonton

Feb 24 - Minnesota

Mar 19 - Anaheim

Anyone have an idea how many times the Kings will wear the black thirds they're wearing tonight this season? And if they make the playoffs, you suspect they'll wear them again?

Yes, I think they'll probably don them again in the playoffs. (And I think they have a good shot of making a return this season.)

what i would personally do is use the material used before reebok started making jersey's but use the material from like 2000-03 ccm jersey's (not the material that's similar to the nike swift jersey's ((used post lockout btw)), but keep the form fitting shape. i'm serious, the only reason i still buy RBK jersey's (other than the fact that i buy jersey's of teams that i like of course) is because of the "motercycle jacket" style fit. baggy arms = no no. that way they can use new, and creative designs but still keep the fit of them.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Oct 12 - Atlanta

Nov 11 - Dallas

Dec 26 - Anaheim

Jan 1 - San Jose

Jan 20 - Phoenix

Mar 3 - Phoenix

Mar 7 - Dallas

Mar 24 - San Jose

Apr 2 - Dallas

Apr 6 - Phoenix

Apr 9 - Anaheim

Oct 9 - @ Vancouver

Jan 15 - Edmonton

Feb 24 - Minnesota

Mar 19 - Anaheim

Hmm. Interesting that all but one divisional home game (one against San Jose) will be alternate jersey nights. Dallas and Phoenix get the black and silver 3 times. San Jose and Anaheim get them twice. And the Ducks get the added bonus of a purple/gold game.

Probably completely on purpose, but I wonder why?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

In this case, there is no reason for the differences in templates in the Flyers set. The design of the 3rd template really doesn't add anything to or compliment any part of their identity. Maybe they could sell it as a forard-thinking jersey (sort of a reverse-throwback since their regulars are throwbacks) but in that case it should have a modernized crest (which would suck, as noted in the discussion about the early '00s orange sweater.) The fact that it's not really that different from the traditional set, and has the same crest, makes it totally clash with their entire identity. At first glance, it looks like it's supposed to be a simple recolor. Then you notice the template differences. We all know it's either just because Reebok / NHL probably makes them keep their original Edge jersey in the rotation for a certain number of years (or until inventory depletes) (just speculation, no facts to back that up), or because they just had them laying around. Hopefully they correct this.

Hmm. Good points all around.

As for those Canucks throwbacks, just stick names on the back and throw the updated stick in rink logo on the front, maybe throw the V/Johnny Canuck logo on the shoulders, and you have the perfect template for a new uniform set. I LOVE the pants stripes and the sleeve V's.

Can't say the same for the Kings though. I'm not against the athletic gold and purple (sorry LA fans its purple not "Forum Blue") colour scheme, but that throwback logo needs to go. It's one of those vintage marks that needs to be left in the past. The current crown isn't much better, actually. Maybe a redesign of the shield logo's the way to go?

First of all, I don't think I've ever heard any one say, "Forum Blue". It's always been purple and gold. As far as the Kings crown logos, well, the same could be said about the Leafs logos too.

First of all, it was The Preacher who kept referring to it as Forum Blue.

As for the Kings' crown logos, way to get pretty defencive about it. I like the "well your team's logo sucks too SO THERE" response. That's always a mature way to go about these things.

If you must know I'm not a fan of the current Leafs logo anyway. I would rather they return to the logo they use on their throwback alternates. The difference between that logo and the Kings' old crown is that the old crown is one overly complex mark. The detail gets lost on smaller applications or if you're at a distance. The throwback Leafs logo, even with all the veins, isn't that bad.

The new crown? I appreciate the attempt, but it just comes off as way to "slick" or "sharp" for lack of a better term. Almost like a cyber-crown. Not a fan.

I wasn't being defensive, I was just pointing out that the same could be said about the Leafs logos.

I said the throwback crown is way to complicated. You can't really say that about any of the Leafs logos. Except MAYBE the throwback alternate, and even then it's not nearly as bad as the throwback crown.

Still waiting on that Ducks leak...

Anybody else think the new Ducks Third jersey will eventually replace the current primaries with an accompanying white?

Judging from the discription it sounds like they're trying to correct the flaws on their current jerseys

-The 90's striping -> Replaced with a contemporary futuristic template ala the Flames

-The Miminal Orange on the jersey -> Fixed with all Orange Cuffs

-The lack of anything to tie it with the Mighty Ducks -> Fixed with the Secondary Logo with the Duck Mask

-The awful looking Wordmark logo -> Sidelined in Favour of the Webbed D as many have been advocating.

Also Im sure its been brought up that the script logo has been replaced on both the player's helmets and at Center Ice with the Webbed D. Besides most teams when designing an Alternate Jersey go with a different base colour than the Home. All speculation though.

Oct 12 - Atlanta

Nov 11 - Dallas

Dec 26 - Anaheim

Jan 1 - San Jose

Jan 20 - Phoenix

Mar 3 - Phoenix

Mar 7 - Dallas

Mar 24 - San Jose

Apr 2 - Dallas

Apr 6 - Phoenix

Apr 9 - Anaheim

Oct 9 - @ Vancouver

Jan 15 - Edmonton

Feb 24 - Minnesota

Mar 19 - Anaheim

Hmm. Interesting that all but one divisional home game (one against San Jose) will be alternate jersey nights. Dallas and Phoenix get the black and silver 3 times. San Jose and Anaheim get them twice. And the Ducks get the added bonus of a purple/gold game.

Yeah, I noticed that too while I was typing it out. I have no clue why, unless their record is far superior in the black and silver than the record wearing the normal home jersey.

Oct 12 - Atlanta

Nov 11 - Dallas

Dec 26 - Anaheim

Jan 1 - San Jose

Jan 20 - Phoenix

Mar 3 - Phoenix

Mar 7 - Dallas

Mar 24 - San Jose

Apr 2 - Dallas

Apr 6 - Phoenix

Apr 9 - Anaheim

Oct 9 - @ Vancouver

Jan 15 - Edmonton

Feb 24 - Minnesota

Mar 19 - Anaheim

Yeah, I noticed that too while I was typing it out. I have no clue why, unless their record is far superior in the black and silver than the record wearing the normal home jersey.

I think the silver and black and road jerseys are one of the few "mismatched" sets that works. Still, I like their regular home better and hope they wear them in the playoffs since they wore silver and black last year.

Archived