NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Speaking of those, anyone see the Belfast Giants Selects team jerseys? They're playing the Bruins in Belfast before the games start in Prague.

They appear to be the typical European trainwreck style:

Belfast Giants Replica Jerseys

away-jersey-front-alt.pngaway-jersey-back.png

home-jersey-front.pnghome-jersey-back.png

http://www.belfastgiants.com/home/

dundee1.jpgdundee2.jpg

Those are the regular jerseys, they'll have new ones sporting this logo for the game, since it's not the regular Giants team playing, but a mix of Giants and Elite league all-stars. Don't think they've revealed the jerseys yet though.

bfs.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, just turned TSN on at at the intermission, they were using the Slug for the Sabres on their desk tv screen. And on the scoreboard at the top of the screen, the Slug is in full effect! Get with it, TSN!

I know, even leafstv had it right yesterday. But we should know by now that TSN, along with the NHL Network, is graphically stuck in 1997. So why should we expect them to change a team's logo so quickly...

Actually that would be Fox Chicago

IMAGE_005.jpg

2IA3b.png

Oh wow, just turned TSN on at at the intermission, they were using the Slug for the Sabres on their desk tv screen. And on the scoreboard at the top of the screen, the Slug is in full effect! Get with it, TSN!

I know, even leafstv had it right yesterday. But we should know by now that TSN, along with the NHL Network, is graphically stuck in 1997. So why should we expect them to change a team's logo so quickly...

Actually that would be Fox Chicago

IMAGE_005.jpg

XDDDDDDD WIN!!!

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

What's the deal with the Oilers? They say their home jerseys are the retro blue and orange, yet they've worn the navy and copper in every preseason home game. Which is right?

It says this where? The Reebok Styleguide?

Seriously what is wrong with the Oilers? They have the worst jerseys in franchise... maybe even league history and they refuse to fix them. Im sure alot of people on these boards remember this article...

O.K. Enough already. It's time to take the gloves off and deal with the No. 1 sports controversy in Edmonton. Danny Maciocia's Gotta Go? Hell no. Nothing left to say there that hasn't been said. No, I'm talking about the total travesty of the Edmonton Oilers "pyjamas". The folly and the farce of forcing them to wear "practice jerseys" in games. Those especially embarrassing white away uniforms with the shirt tails it looks like they forgot to tuck in, that crappy costume they were wearing on Hockey Night In Canada out of Los Angeles last night. The Oilers have been wearing these daffy duds long enough most of the fans I've talked to have only one question: "How do we get our stripe back?" O.K. Two questions. "How do we lose that practice uniform piping on the front, too?" The fans clearly haven't fallen in love with the Oilers new uniforms, home or away. WORST IN THE LEAGUE. But the away whites may just be the worst in the league. In fact, they have been declared exactly that on sports desk highlight shows around the league already this year. Heck, their own president Cal Nichols admits he can't stand looking at the damn things. "They look, uh, a little plain," he chose his words carefully. "I have to be careful here. Reebok paid a lot of money," he said of the project bringing the new uniforms to teams around the league and the obvious NHL memo to everybody in the game that they all must love them. I told Nichols I was writing about the awful new Oilers silks. "I think that would be a good article to write," he said. "But just put me down for saying I liked our old uniforms. I don't want to sound like an old stick-in-the-mud who can't go contemporary." WHO TO BLAME. Don't blame Reebok. Blame the Oilers. Blame CEO Patrick LaForge. "We wanted change. A lot of things motivated us to look at change. We have a new locker room. A new team. We saw it as rejuvenation. A breath of fresh air," said LaForge. "It was meant to be a sort of a Baltimore Ravens look," he said. The Oilers have have their own identifiable look familiar to the entire world because Wayne Gretzky used to wear that uniform, and now they want to look like the Baltimore Ravens instead? "A full black body from the ankles to the top, above the ankles and below the shoulders. A solid blue color," said LaForge. So how do you get your stripe back? "We can do it," says LaForge. "But not until 2009-2010." Good thing they probably won't win a Stanley Cup until then.

So what happened then? Why do these terrible uniforms still exist when teams like the Leafs and Islanders, whose jerseys weren't nearly as bad (comparitively speaking), were able to change theirs?

What's the deal with the Oilers? They say their home jerseys are the retro blue and orange, yet they've worn the navy and copper in every preseason home game. Which is right?

Seriously what is wrong with the Oilers? They have the worst jerseys in franchise... maybe even league history and they refuse to fix them. Im sure alot of people on these boards remember this article...

O.K. Enough already. It's time to take the gloves off and deal with the No. 1 sports controversy in Edmonton. Danny Maciocia's Gotta Go? Hell no. Nothing left to say there that hasn't been said. No, I'm talking about the total travesty of the Edmonton Oilers "pyjamas". The folly and the farce of forcing them to wear "practice jerseys" in games. Those especially embarrassing white away uniforms with the shirt tails it looks like they forgot to tuck in, that crappy costume they were wearing on Hockey Night In Canada out of Los Angeles last night. The Oilers have been wearing these daffy duds long enough most of the fans I've talked to have only one question: "How do we get our stripe back?" O.K. Two questions. "How do we lose that practice uniform piping on the front, too?" The fans clearly haven't fallen in love with the Oilers new uniforms, home or away. WORST IN THE LEAGUE. But the away whites may just be the worst in the league. In fact, they have been declared exactly that on sports desk highlight shows around the league already this year. Heck, their own president Cal Nichols admits he can't stand looking at the damn things. "They look, uh, a little plain," he chose his words carefully. "I have to be careful here. Reebok paid a lot of money," he said of the project bringing the new uniforms to teams around the league and the obvious NHL memo to everybody in the game that they all must love them. I told Nichols I was writing about the awful new Oilers silks. "I think that would be a good article to write," he said. "But just put me down for saying I liked our old uniforms. I don't want to sound like an old stick-in-the-mud who can't go contemporary." WHO TO BLAME. Don't blame Reebok. Blame the Oilers. Blame CEO Patrick LaForge. "We wanted change. A lot of things motivated us to look at change. We have a new locker room. A new team. We saw it as rejuvenation. A breath of fresh air," said LaForge. "It was meant to be a sort of a Baltimore Ravens look," he said. The Oilers have have their own identifiable look familiar to the entire world because Wayne Gretzky used to wear that uniform, and now they want to look like the Baltimore Ravens instead? "A full black body from the ankles to the top, above the ankles and below the shoulders. A solid blue color," said LaForge. So how do you get your stripe back? "We can do it," says LaForge. "But not until 2009-2010." Good thing they probably won't win a Stanley Cup until then.

So what happened then? Why do these terrible uniforms still exist when teams like the Leafs and Islanders, whose jerseys weren't nearly as bad (comparitively speaking), were able to change theirs?

You're expecting far too much from a team who can't even be bothered to use a decent logo on the header of the oilers.nhl.com homepage. I've given them feedback on the pixilation problem (red smeared line on the left side of the logo) several times since they recently updated the page and still it remains. This is not a front office that seems to regard basic asthetics as high on their list of priorities.

zzPEfBm.png

The Thrashers just announced that they will be wearing their red alternates for every Friday home game.

I wish they'd NEVER wear them. That's just me, though. :P

Oh, its not just you, believe me.

Add me to that list too. The Thrashers red football jerseys are the worst hockey uniforms since the Canucks' "V" sweaters. At least the V's were something original and not an attempt to make the team look like one from another sport. Why not just wear basketball jerseys or better yet NASCAR jumpsuits?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

The Thrashers just announced that they will be wearing their red alternates for every Friday home game.

Add me to that list too. The Thrashers red football jerseys are the worst hockey uniforms since the Canucks' "V" sweaters. At least the V's were something original and not an attempt to make the team look like one from another sport. Why not just wear basketball jerseys or better yet NASCAR jumpsuits?

Comparitively speaking the Canucks V jerseys could be considered a classic. That being said their mismatched home and away sweaters are almost as bad, the away might even be worse.

The Canucks are now the owners of the Vancouver Millionaires trademarks, including all classic logos.

Or, for the lazy:

Vancouver, B.C. ? Canucks Sports & Entertainment is proud to announce the acquisition of ownership of the Vancouver Millionaires trademarks, including the name ?Vancouver Millionaires?, the Inaugural Classic ?V? logo, the Vancouver Maroons ?V? and design and the web domain www.vancouvermillionaires.com.

The marks had been owned by Vancouver-based businessman David John Mikl (also known by his recording artist and acting name, John Mikl Thor) for the past 33 years.

Mikl had used the marks since as early as 1977, first claiming an ownership interest through his exclusive use of the marks and then officially registering them as Canadian and U.S. trademarks. For the last decade, with the help of his wife and business partner Katherine Elo, he actively pursued a retail and internet merchandise program incorporating the marks, breathing new life into an almost forgotten brand. His efforts strengthened the brand and gave it a solid place in the world of retro brand sports licensing. By acquiring ownership of the trademarks, Canucks Sports & Entertainment has enhanced its ability to tell the story of professional hockey in Vancouver.

Canucks Sports & Entertainment has plans to launch a small line of Vancouver Millionaires merchandise this season, with merchandise to be available at Canucks Team Store locations and online at shop.nhl.com.

The Vancouver Millionaires played in the Pacific Coast Hockey Association from 1912 through 1922 and won the Stanley Cup in 1915 against the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey Association, which later became the NHL.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Correct you on many things here. The Cacucks flying "V" sweaters were not the worst out there. For starters let's start off in Atlanta with their light blues which are extremely bad and then let's go to the Preditors sets until their currnt third, and let's not forget Edmonton's non-throwback edge, and the Islanders fishermen and orange cone jerseys, and even Washington's current set. If you really want to go bad, we can go to the minor leagues and start off with the IHL San Francisco Spiders.

Also, no one in Nascar wears jumpsuits anymore. I think the last person to wear a jumpsuit was Junior Johnson last week when we was tendin' his 'Shine. I think you mean firesuits.

The Canucks are now the owners of the Vancouver Millionaires trademarks, including all classic logos.

Or, for the lazy:

Vancouver, B.C. ? Canucks Sports & Entertainment is proud to announce the acquisition of ownership of the Vancouver Millionaires trademarks, including the name "Vancouver Millionaires", the Inaugural Classic "V" logo, the Vancouver Maroons "V" and design and the web domain www.vancouvermillionaires.com.

The marks had been owned by Vancouver-based businessman David John Mikl (also known by his recording artist and acting name, John Mikl Thor) for the past 33 years.

Mikl had used the marks since as early as 1977, first claiming an ownership interest through his exclusive use of the marks and then officially registering them as Canadian and U.S. trademarks. For the last decade, with the help of his wife and business partner Katherine Elo, he actively pursued a retail and internet merchandise program incorporating the marks, breathing new life into an almost forgotten brand. His efforts strengthened the brand and gave it a solid place in the world of retro brand sports licensing. By acquiring ownership of the trademarks, Canucks Sports & Entertainment has enhanced its ability to tell the story of professional hockey in Vancouver.

Canucks Sports & Entertainment has plans to launch a small line of Vancouver Millionaires merchandise this season, with merchandise to be available at Canucks Team Store locations and online at shop.nhl.com.

The Vancouver Millionaires played in the Pacific Coast Hockey Association from 1912 through 1922 and won the Stanley Cup in 1915 against the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey Association, which later became the NHL.

Ugh, LAME! The Giants had been wearing Mills jerseys at least once a year for the past couple years or so. With the Canucks now owning it, it kills any chance of a Vancouver Millionaires - Seattle Metropolitans matchup in the WHL. That is, unless the Canucks become generous or the Giants pony up the dough.

Or, for the lazy:

Vancouver, B.C. ? Canucks Sports & Entertainment is proud to announce the acquisition of ownership of the Vancouver Millionaires trademarks, including the name "Vancouver Millionaires", the Inaugural Classic "V" logo, the Vancouver Maroons "V" and design and the web domain www.vancouvermillionaires.com.

Ugh, LAME! The Giants had been wearing Mills jerseys at least once a year for the past couple years or so. With the Canucks now owning it, it kills any chance of a Vancouver Millionaires - Seattle Metropolitans matchup in the WHL. That is, unless the Canucks become generous or the Giants pony up the dough.

Unless Seattle gets a NHL team.

The Canucks have also opened up a team store right across the street from the Colosseum. I can't help but think that the days of friendly competition and happy co-existence are coming to a close.

On the bright side, this is the guy they bought the rights to all of the Millionaires stuff from (very old picture):

thor_rock.jpg

In concert, he tears phone books in half and bends steel bars. He truly is a superhero of Canadian rock.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Oilers made the retro their home jersey before the start of last season. Since bringing those back two years ago, the Oilers have never worn them in preseason.

I agree about the other two pieces of trash they are wearing; those need to go. We've been hearing for a few years that the team will eventually get a white retro as their road jersey but that is yet to happen. I would have liked to see the Oilers keep the 97-07 look and just use a retro as an alternate but that seems unlikely.

Archived