NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

The Leafs jerseys as a whole look so much better in action than in some of the mock photos.

But that collar still looks oversized though.

I'm thinking the same thing watching the Leafs on NHLN. I'm gonna be honest, I liked their Edge-ified uniforms, but the new ones are a big upgrade, IMO.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the leaf jerseys change the color of blue used?

They look darker and more purple hued this year. Not to say they are purple but less green in the blue

ColorWrx?

It's not that obvious on tv or even on the net, but in person the difference in colour is clear, and it make it a WINNER!!!

The shade is slightly less vibrant, giving a look of old hockey sweater...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Our first look at the Wild changes: No pants stripes, using script logo from 3rd jerseys on the helmet. Also, no 10 yr anniversary patch?

WILD.jpg

I think we may see the Anniversary patch once preseason's over with.

Wish they would have kept the pant stripe.

Likewise. I'm in favour of the team going back to the pre-Edge look, actually. Keep the white sweater, bring back the original green design, and limit the red to alternate status.

That red jersey is the best they have. They need to make a light one for away games, and they'll be set.

I do miss the pant stripe.

Their best jersey is their current road because it successfully translated their original look (which was their best by far) into the Edge format without losing any key design elements. The Red on the other hand got butchered in transition with the loss of the hem stripes and addition of completly unnecessary shoulder piping. They should fix those flaws before designing a road to go with it.

That red jersey is the best they have. They need to make a light one for away games, and they'll be set.

Their best jersey is their current road because it successfully translated their original look (which was their best by far) into the Edge format without losing any key design elements. The Red on the other hand got butchered in transition with the loss of the hem stripes and addition of completly unnecessary shoulder piping. They should fix those flaws before designing a road to go with it.

I respectfully disagree. For the most part, I agree that jerseys need hemline stripes. But in the case of the Wild, I feel that the change from red to green, two complementary colors, warrants the lack of stripes.

Our first look at the Wild changes: No pants stripes, using script logo from 3rd jerseys on the helmet. Also, no 10 yr anniversary patch?

WILD.jpg

I think we may see the Anniversary patch once preseason's over with.

Wish they would have kept the pant stripe.

Likewise. I'm in favour of the team going back to the pre-Edge look, actually. Keep the white sweater, bring back the original green design, and limit the red to alternate status.

This jersey needs the hem stripe back big time. It was a beautiful jersey, pre-Edge. I'm not a big stickler on that, and I'm not a curmudgeon about it, but I do think the Edge ruined that red sweater.

In a somewhat-related note, talking about the Wild, did you see that they lost their sellout streak (which included pre-season) ? It's a shame if that market goes sour...really is. That's a hockey hotbed, and I guess those people are fed up with losing, not signing any stars (no pun intended) and not getting bang for all the buck they put in.

I respectfully disagree. For the most part, I agree that jerseys need hemline stripes. But in the case of the Wild, I feel that the change from red to green, two complementary colors, warrants the lack of stripes.

Nothing warrants the lack of Horizontal Hem Stripes on a hockey jersey period. Thats a bold statement to make but if you you look at all the jerseys widely considered to be classics, they all sport them. As for Minnesota's Iron Range Red jersey, the tapered cut of them Hem makes the stipes even more necessary. If there was a green stripe at the bottom it would nicely hide the diaper effect of the scooped hem on the green pants.

So anyone know which logo is the Sabres new primary logo?

qehhihlyz2wnb2ocdh0l2mwv9.gif

i would assume this one... right?

Yep. Buffaslug's a secondary.

They look darker and more purple hued this year. Not to say they are purple but less green in the blue

ColorWrx?

Not as far as what is used in print. It's the same. Can't speak for the fabric colors...I've had a really hard time getting fabric/textile info on NHL teams...

So anyone know which logo is the Sabres new primary logo?

qehhihlyz2wnb2ocdh0l2mwv9.gif

i would assume this one... right?

Yep. Buffaslug's a secondary.

ColorWrx?

Not as far as what is used in print. It's the same. Can't speak for the fabric colors...I've had a really hard time getting fabric/textile info on NHL teams...

Interesting, maybe it was just the TV, its a new one this year...

Also, I do NOT like the Leafs shoulder patch. Clutters up the sweater and adds nothing. Its just a leaf for a team called the Leafs... we get it.

Also, I do NOT like the Leafs shoulder patch. Clutters up the sweater and adds nothing. Its just a leaf for a team called the Leafs... we get it.

You miss the point of logos.

Plus the shoulder patch ties the primary set in with the throwback alternate.

oh really, a team called the Leafs need three leafs on their sweater...

Ok buddy

oh really, a team called the Leafs need three leafs on their sweater...

Ok buddy

A team called the Lightning has three lightning bolts on their sweater. A team called the Sharks has three sharks on their sweater. The Blackhawks, Predators, Thrashers, and Stars (on their white sweaters) repeat the imagery from their primary crests in their alternate logos. Really your point holds no water, especially when you consider my other point, that the throwback leafs on the shoulders help tie the home and road sweaters into the alternate. It all creates one more unified identity.

Of course you also argued on and on about why a country with 50 stars in their flag SHOULDN'T have stars in their national soccer team crest, so I can see I won't make any headway here.

Archived