NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean those?

What's with the stitches across the ALT's numbers? Did they run out of white thread??? This may be the most ridiculous design element I have ever seen... :shocked:

LOVE the new road uniform but they completely destroyed the alternate with the junk on the back. The yellow nameplate doesn't work. The numbers are HUGE and just about bump into the top yellow stripe. They're also so plain that they look like they belong on a really cheap knockoff jersey.

Overall, though, this has to be recognized as the first uniform change in the history of the Sabres where the team improved its look.

There's something about those alts that makes everything on them look out-of-proportion. The look just isn't coming together.

And as stupid as the diagonal in-number stitching is (and, hoo boy, is that ever stupid), the yellow nameplate, with the player's name done in the custom font from the Buffaslug jerseys, is probably even dumber.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Guys, it took like four years and three months to kill the Buffaslug. That's like a twentieth-trimester abortion.

The alternate looks terrible and the regulars don't look a hell of a lot better. What's so hard about never changing your identity? Buffalo, of all places, should remain in the past forever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah the weird pattern on the numbers & the yellow nameplate may seem a bit off kilter, but compared to the absolute hot garbage that was the ENTIRE Buffaslug identity, the new alternate uniform is beautiful. I mean, it's definitely not that bad. It's a pretty big improvement over what they had before, & the primary uniforms look sharp as well. The only complaint I have with the alternate is that they should've just let the mini-crest stay by itself, instead of putting 1970 in it.

However, that's just a minor complaint. This is a definite upgrade. Good to see that the Sabres actually look like the Sabres for the first time in a long time.

The Sabres organization in one word... Clueless.

Yes this idenity package is a huge improvement over their previous identity but what wouldnt be? The frustrating thing about all of these jerseys is that they are all so close to perfect yet for completely inexplicable reasons, they have unnecessary trendy elements shoehorned on that ruin the look. The new colour scheme for the home and roads looks great and unlike alot of people on these boards Im a fan of the silver outlines around the logo. Makes it look modern and gives the original some much needed dimension. But alas we get leftovers from Reebok's disasterous, futuristic jerseys of 2007...

-Piping that traps the logo and stops for no reason at all

-Pit Stains that convolute the design even further

-Front Numbers, a trend ushered in by the Buffaslug Jeresys that should have died a long time ago.

As for the Alternate, Im not a fan of Fauxbacks but since its the Sabres 40th season they get a pass here. The vintage colours are refreshing change of pace from the main set and the script while far from spectacular is a nice tribute to Buffalo Hockey. But again they are ruined by trendy choices that do nothing to improve the look..

-The Dumbest trend since Apron Piping, a Contrasting Nameplate. The Sabres have never used one in their 40 year history..

-Cross stitching, again never used in team history.

The striping on the new road is awful. It's completely out of proportion and looks incomplete. The blue gets lost being the same width as the gray. Add that in with the abundance of blue in the yoke and crest and this is a bad design. Sure it looks 10x better than the Slug, but it's still bad.

Well, in 25 minutes, it'll be official...THE BUFFASLUG IS (finally) DEAD!

*phew* the Sabres didn't botch things up and unveiled both the new away and alternate jerseys, no Buffaslug in sight

Guys, it took like four years and three months to kill the Buffaslug. That's like a twentieth-trimester abortion.

Ding-Dong the slug is dead.

Just so you all know, the Buffaslug is still listed as a secondary logo in the official files (at least, in the last one I have - for the 2010-2011 season, dated Jan 28, 2010).

They might not be completely ready to admit defeat yet.

Yes this idenity package is a huge improvement over their previous identity but what wouldnt be? The frustrating thing about all of these jerseys is that they are all so close to perfect yet for completely inexplicable reasons, they have unnecessary trendy elements shoehorned on that ruin the look. The new colour scheme for the home and roads looks great and unlike alot of people on these boards Im a fan of the silver outlines around the logo. Makes it look modern and gives the original some much needed dimension. But alas we get leftovers from Reebok's disasterous, futuristic jerseys of 2007...

-Piping that traps the logo and stops for no reason at all

-Pit Stains that convolute the design even further

-Front Numbers, a trend ushered in by the Buffaslug Jeresys that should have died a long time ago.

As for the Alternate, Im not a fan of Fauxbacks but since its the Sabres 40th season they get a pass here. The vintage colours are refreshing change of pace from the main set and the script while far from spectacular is a nice tribute to Buffalo Hockey. But again they are ruined by trendy choices that do nothing to improve the look..

-The Dumbest trend since Apron Piping, a Contrasting Nameplate. The Sabres have never used one in their 40 year history..

-Cross stitching, again never used in team history.

Pretty much agree with you on the new Sabres jerseys. Still no fan of script logos. I like the explaination of how the 4 stripes represent the 40 years the team has been in the NHL. Almost there, but not quite, just like the Canucks. A lot of the useless elements are obviously being pushed by Reebok, though why they may think it looks good is beyond me. And, unfortunately, the Sabres didn't have the guts to nix them.

Any Sabres fan could have told you this three years ago.

You have to remember that the Sabres are run by a guy named Larry Quinn who is adamant in his belief that he is 100x more clever than anyone else in the world. He tries to prove this by constantly looking for counter-intuitive ways to make his team more interesting.

The whole Sluggalo debacle happened because he wanted to work with Reebok so that the Sabres would be the first team to adopt Edge jerseys that were meant to be tucked in. That's why the 2006 design looks so bizarre. The jerseys were designed back when the idea was to have players tuck their jerseys in to their hockey pants. When it didn't happen, they just went with them un-tucked and it looked completely terrible.

The Slug itself happened because they thought the original logo was "too iconic" to simply update so they wanted something "fresh and new." (Translation: they wanted something to appeal to 14 year olds.)

This year we're ruining our alternates by getting "creative" with the numbers and nameplates. Same thing. We can't leave well enough alone; we need to prove how clever we can be. *barf*

All that said, it's still a huge step up. The side piping and armpit stains are annoying but they'll be phased out quietly at some point.

I really like the new alt. I love everything about it. I love the stitching all over the numbers, I love the yellow nameplate, the jersey striping, pants striping and all. Also, thank goodness for no front numbers. You know what? I give it a 10/10.

Curse the Sabres for ruining what could have been two beauuuutiful hockey uniforms with all of that stupid @#!#?%$*& piping!!!!1 :cursing::cursing: The armpits is less bad.

Without piping and front numbers, this wholle Sabres uniform set would of really got an all-around perfect 10/10. Instead, the final grade I will give the set is 7,2/10.

Archived