NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Sabres new 3rd jersey leaked?

newalt1.jpg

Aside of the script that I didn't make, the jersey is on the money as to what I predicted it would be. See link below.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=75270&view=findpost&p=1385951

The Sabres now have a tremendous looking uniform set. I hope the alt is not just a one-season deal. It can be good for at least a few years...easily.

The piping/armpits on the H&R don't make the uniforms "nicer" in any way at all. They would be better without, but it's effect isn't really catastrophic. It's just a waste of light grey sewing thread and fabric, that could of been used for other articles of Sabres apparel.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really, really, really hate script logos and Buffalo's doesn't change my mind about them. With that said, the jersey itself is fine. The silver looks out of place on the new road and suffice to say, it's unnecessary on both, especially the pipping to nowhere. Buffalo almost got it right, just like their expansion cousins, the Canucks, who did right by bringing back their vintage green and blue uniforms, but then ruining it by slapping the birthing whale on it.

You know what... I actually really like them. I think the white one is a nice subtle update of an old jersey. Is it necessary? No, but it's not too harsh, either.

And the alternate is pretty classy. They just gotta eliminate that little mini logo.

oBIgzrL.png

Sabres new 3rd jersey leaked?

newalt1.jpg

Aside of the script that I didn't make, the jersey is on the money as to what I predicted it would be. See link below.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=75270&view=findpost&p=1385951

The Sabres now have a tremendous looking uniform set. I hope the alt is not just a one-season deal. It can be good for at least a few years...easily.

The piping/armpits on the H&R don't make the uniforms "nicer" in any way at all. They would be better without, but it's effect isn't really catastrophic. It's just a waste of light grey sewing thread and fabric, that could of been used for other articles of Sabres apparel.

Or clothing the poor and needy.

Just saw a video off thescore.com showing rookie players getting their photos taken for their rookie card. It had a pair of Predators wearing the same old blue uniforms with the yellow and silver. I doubt the Predators/Upper Deck would have them wear an uniform they will never actually play in for their rookie card, no? Have the Predators even officially announced that they were going to make the switch or has it all just been speculation?

What they should do is get rid of the apron stripes, the Nashville wordmark, and change the socks for the home and they will be better looking than the Nascar look. I like that it's an unique colour combination. Heck, I would rather see them bring back their old mustard 3rds as their permanent home and make a road copy off of that than see the Nascar look.

Actually Upper Deck has a history of using jerseys from previous years or throwbacks in these photoshoots for which they make cards. Everything from wearing old jerseys, 3rd jerseys to throwbacks (ie. Phaneuf wore an Atlanta Flames jersey in his photoshoot for his rookie year) to simple NHLPA jerseys

Don't like either of the Sabres leaked jerseys... but at least it's not the Slug.

Go ahead and string me up, but the red and black is the best look that team has ever had.

...Someone get me some string...

Kidding aside...I was a closet-fan of the red and black era... I hated that they were changing, and wished they'd atleast have kept the old logo; but I have propensity for wearing red and black, so I knew I'd get some of the merchendise. Even went to a game and bought a miro satan red alternate -- a fine looking jersey if not for the stupid 'buffalo' across the bottom, and dumb collar.

The combination of the red and black, the evil goatshead, blade imagery, and a guy with a lucifer-like face and "SATAN" across his back was worth it. And it was infinitely better then the slug.

2 things:

Nashville is no longer switching jerseys this season. For some unknown reason they have decided to push it back a year, thus making the Reebok Style Guide description inaccurate. Therefore they will be wearing their normal 3 jersey set this upcoming season.

I think the Buffalo Alt is fake... the image from far shows the crest being in a square on the jersey (on my monitor) while the closeup pic seems to show that the twill is cut to form around the wordmark. This could just be how my monitor is showing it but it looks a little fishy to me... although, I could very well be wrong.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Nashville is no longer switching jerseys this season. For some unknown reason they have decided to push it back a year, thus making the Reebok Style Guide description inaccurate. Therefore they will be wearing their normal 3 jersey set this upcoming season.

Too much of the old crap still on the racks?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just saw a video off thescore.com showing rookie players getting their photos taken for their rookie card. It had a pair of Predators wearing the same old blue uniforms with the yellow and silver. I doubt the Predators/Upper Deck would have them wear an uniform they will never actually play in for their rookie card, no? Have the Predators even officially announced that they were going to make the switch or has it all just been speculation?

What they should do is get rid of the apron stripes, the Nashville wordmark, and change the socks for the home and they will be better looking than the Nascar look. I like that it's an unique colour combination. Heck, I would rather see them bring back their old mustard 3rds as their permanent home and make a road copy off of that than see the Nascar look.

Actually Upper Deck has a history of using jerseys from previous years or throwbacks in these photoshoots for which they make cards. Everything from wearing old jerseys, 3rd jerseys to throwbacks (ie. Phaneuf wore an Atlanta Flames jersey in his photoshoot for his rookie year) to simple NHLPA jerseys

I haven't collected hockey cards in a long long time so I wouldn't no about that, but that just seems weird considering the Calgary Flames have never worn an Atlanta Flames jersey, although their original uniform was basically the same. I know Calgary uses the Atlanta logo as the A for the assistant captain.

I know there's a 3 year waiting period to change a team's uniform, so I'm wondering if that applys to the Predators'case and that's why the change won't happen this year? Or, does that not apply when going from an alt to permanent home and away?

The Wild are getting it backwards. They should be changing the Home Jerseys not the Roads. The roads look great with the full bear head and hem stripes that curve to the edge cut. Just Replace or eliminate the shoulder patch and they're pretty much perfect. The Homes on the other hand look awful. They slapped a Faux back logo on on futuristic template with no hem stripes.

As for the Sabres leaks I gotta agree with the Neon Matrix that they are most likely fake. The box he discribed around the script logo is visible to me as well. Also Icethetics said the Sabres would use a Vintage White or Cream and the script looks plain white to me. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Too much of the old crap still on the racks?

It's very possible, but who knows for sure. It is still strange to see the Draft Cap sans yellow while they keep their current threads. I love that look and hope they reconsider... but the change is only supposed to be delayed a year...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well, if that's what Buffalo will upgrade themselves to, then I certainly don't mind. The silver highlights in the logo aren't bad, but the use of silver on their current home jerseys and if these home jerseys are the real thing seems forced into the design. SFSS to be sure. However, my only complaint would be the pit-stains, since I can't stand those on any kind of uniform. Possibly an 8 out of 10.

As for the third jerseys, eh, I'd skip buying one of those if they indeed have the gold nameplate and slashed-up numbering.

The Wild are getting it backwards. They should be changing the Home Jerseys not the Roads. The roads look great with the full bear head and hem stripes that curve to the edge cut. Just Replace or eliminate the shoulder patch and they're pretty much perfect. The Homes on the other hand look awful. They slapped a Faux back logo on on futuristic template with no hem stripes.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Wild. The away jersey is perfect, but what changes are in store -- save changing a shoulder patch or stripe/ shade on the pants?

I also don't understand how an organization that has traditional striping everywhere allowed the change on the now-home jersey to take place? I think people are right but make far too big a deal about "Edgification" of hockey sweaters, but in this instance, I think people have a case. The newer version feels naked with nothing on the bottom. Tuck it in to the pants or something. Too much dead space at the bottom. my 2 cents.

Love the away jersey, exactly what I pictured, no surprise. Not a huge fan of the 3rd, but anything is better than the slug. This is what should have been done in 2006. Those saying it's fake must remember it's a cell phone camera, and it's even worse than the one on my iphone.

slugbat.jpg

Archived