NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

It looks like Nashville's jerseys are staying the same this year.

Skip to 2:51 of this vid. You'll see that they don't have any secret jerseys to be unlocked. Time to move on. :cry:

On the plus side, Buffalo's away jersey is locked. Don't know if anyone is still concerned about having the Slug on the road.

Well considering both slug edge jerseys are listed as 2009-10 home and away it's pretty safe to say that they are done. As a side note I'm pissed that the Hurricanes can't use the navy Whalers set. The green ones are nice but the navy, green, and silver were beautiful.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had to mute that video... how annoying was that kid?

home away alternate. 06-07 home away alternate. i have no idea who this team is... ummm... that's pretty sharp... and home away alternate...

gahhhhh.

that's my rant for the day.

Just saw a video off thescore.com showing rookie players getting their photos taken for their rookie card. It had a pair of Predators wearing the same old blue uniforms with the yellow and silver. I doubt the Predators/Upper Deck would have them wear an uniform they will never actually play in for their rookie card, no? Have the Predators even officially announced that they were going to make the switch or has it all just been speculation?

What they should do is get rid of the apron stripes, the Nashville wordmark, and change the socks for the home and they will be better looking than the Nascar look. I like that it's an unique colour combination. Heck, I would rather see them bring back their old mustard 3rds as their permanent home and make a road copy off of that than see the Nascar look.

Chris from Icethetics has SEEN the Sabres road jersey, and has confirmed that this is a FAKE!!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Miami Herald "On Frozen Pond" - Panthers Going Blue?

With cool logos in mind - or not - word on the street is the Panthers are likely going to keep the leaping Panther as their primary logo in 2011-2012 while changing the team's colors from the H. Wayne picked blue-gold-red to the Tampa Bay Rays scheme we saw last year.

The blue-on-blue color scheme (what do we call it? The JetBlues? The Sunrise Rays?) apparently will be the Panthers uniform look by that season.

I have not confirmed this yet with people at the top, but even Stanley C. Panther's travel van has been transformed with the new colors and the website is using them exclusively.

The Panthers have been wanting to jump start their look - read: merchandise sales - for a long time now.

Some team officials have been wanting to change the current logo to the third jersey crest (at left) although owner Cliff Viner is opposed to it, with FIU one staffer telling me he thinks it looks like it belongs to the FIU Panthers - and doesn't look sharp enough to be a pro logo.

He has a great point.

While the third crest logo isn't going anywhere for now, word is the Panther with the breaking stick is the logo of the future. In some shape or form.

In 2011-2012, the current thirds would become the home jersey with a new white/blue/light blue coming for the road.

The third jersey - if the stick breaking panther is indeed the primary logo - could incorporate the head crest. If there is a third jersey. Probably won't for the first few years of the redesign.

I'm sure there are people hard at work on this as we speak. Here's hoping they fix the dopey FLA logo...

And leave the palm tree/hockey stick shoulder patch alone...

Saw this today buried in that Whalers story... figured somebody already caught it. And I figured I'd find in somewhere in this thread...

I've stated this before, but I'm strongly in support of the original Panthers colors. And most of the vocal fans I've seen are in support of a return to red as the dominant color. It's a relief to see that they plan to retain the primary logo -- which IMO is far superior to the circle logo on the alt -- although I actually prefer the one without the broken stick.

However, with every uni change the Panthers make, I find myself settling for a "it could be worse" mentality. When the navy alt became the primary home, it was "well, at least they still have the red as an alt." When the atrocious Edge versions came out, it was "well, at least they kept the logos and colors and maybe even added a bit more red to the sleeves of the two surviving jerseys." And then of course when this light blue disaster came out it made me appreciate the navy version that much more. With every passing change I hope to hang on to some piece of the previous, at-that-point superior look.

If they had not been so late to the double-blue bandwagon -- even though I know it's not huge in the NHL, it only further confuses the Panthers' colors with a team in their own division (Thrashers) -- then maybe I could live with it, especially if the main logo stays. But why not go with teal and navy? It would fit Florida, the nearby Marlins are dumping it, and as far as I know only the Seattle Mariners use that combo. (And the NHL's other teal team is across the country, not just up I-75.) I could have handled that, even though it means that the last link to the original set (the white jersey) will go away. That seems certain for 2011 anyway.

But it really surprises me that the few fans that speak up seem to want red, and the team doesn't care.

Although I know this is more NHL 2011-2012 than 2010-11, based on the details from the earlier report (quoted above), I'm guessing that these mockups represent the BEST-case scenario for the Panthers' upcoming redesign?

4964053506_ec5274321e.jpg4963454421_dbaf006e16.jpg

(All logos and templates courtesy of CCSLC.)

I'll just repeat what I said above: As a Panthers fan it's sad that we're left with hoping/settling for the closest thing that resembles the superior jerseys of the past. If it were up to me, I'd make one white, one red, lose the stick and add some gold trim. Of course, that would pretty much duplicate the originals...

With cool logos in mind - or not - word on the street is the Panthers are likely going to keep the leaping Panther as their primary logo in 2011-2012 while changing the team's colors from the H. Wayne picked blue-gold-red to the Tampa Bay Rays scheme we saw last year.

The blue-on-blue color scheme (what do we call it? The JetBlues? The Sunrise Rays?) apparently will be the Panthers uniform look by that season.

I have not confirmed this yet with people at the top, but even Stanley C. Panther's travel van has been transformed with the new colors and the website is using them exclusively.

The Panthers have been wanting to jump start their look - read: merchandise sales - for a long time now.

Some team officials have been wanting to change the current logo to the third jersey crest (at left) although owner Cliff Viner is opposed to it, with FIU one staffer telling me he thinks it looks like it belongs to the FIU Panthers - and doesn't look sharp enough to be a pro logo.

He has a great point.

While the third crest logo isn't going anywhere for now, word is the Panther with the breaking stick is the logo of the future. In some shape or form.

In 2011-2012, the current thirds would become the home jersey with a new white/blue/light blue coming for the road.

The third jersey - if the stick breaking panther is indeed the primary logo - could incorporate the head crest. If there is a third jersey. Probably won't for the first few years of the redesign.

I'm sure there are people hard at work on this as we speak. Here's hoping they fix the dopey FLA logo...

Saw this today buried in that Whalers story... figured somebody already caught it. And I figured I'd find in somewhere in this thread...

I've stated this before, but I'm strongly in support of the original Panthers colors. And most of the vocal fans I've seen are in support of a return to red as the dominant color. It's a relief to see that they plan to retain the primary logo -- which IMO is far superior to the circle logo on the alt -- although I actually prefer the one without the broken stick.

However, with every uni change the Panthers make, I find myself settling for a "it could be worse" mentality. When the navy alt became the primary home, it was "well, at least they still have the red as an alt." When the atrocious Edge versions came out, it was "well, at least they kept the logos and colors and maybe even added a bit more red to the sleeves of the two surviving jerseys." And then of course when this light blue disaster came out it made me appreciate the navy version that much more. With every passing change I hope to hang on to some piece of the previous, at-that-point superior look.

If they had not been so late to the double-blue bandwagon -- even though I know it's not huge in the NHL, it only further confuses the Panthers' colors with a team in their own division (Thrashers) -- then maybe I could live with it, especially if the main logo stays. But why not go with teal and navy? It would fit Florida, the nearby Marlins are dumping it, and as far as I know only the Seattle Mariners use that combo. (And the NHL's other teal team is across the country, not just up I-75.) I could have handled that, even though it means that the last link to the original set (the white jersey) will go away. That seems certain for 2011 anyway.

But it really surprises me that the few fans that speak up seem to want red, and the team doesn't care.

Although I know this is more NHL 2011-2012 than 2010-11, based on the details from the earlier report (quoted above), I'm guessing that these mockups represent the BEST-case scenario for the Panthers' upcoming redesign?

I'll just repeat what I said above: As a Panthers fan it's sad that we're left with hoping/settling for the closest thing that resembles the superior jerseys of the past. If it were up to me, I'd make one white, one red, lose the stick and add some gold trim. Of course, that would pretty much duplicate the originals...

I'd be happy with these. Id rather the old colours but at least these look like hockey jerseys. The Template the Panthers use now is awful.

Chris from Icethetics has SEEN the Sabres road jersey, and has confirmed that this is a FAKE!!

How do we know he's seen them? Because he said so?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

How do we know he's seen them? Because he said so?

Ehh... I'll side with him on this... he is rather careful about covering his own ass. So unless he has seen something he won't go out and claim it to be true. The credit I can lend to him.

Nashville is listed in the Reebok Style Guide as having their Alternate jersey from last season as their home and a blank space for their away. Unless something changed, this is what we'll be seeing.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

He has a great point.

I'd be happy with these. Id rather the old colours but at least these look like hockey jerseys. The Template the Panthers use now is awful.

Keep the Panther and scrap the stick and I'd be happier.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

EDIT: For length. See above.

EDIT: Removed mockups. See above.

Keep the Panther and scrap the stick and I'd be happier.

Charger, I agree. Morgo, I can live with it, too, but as I said above it's always a tradeoff with every Panthers update and just being thankful they didn't do something worse.

Based on all of the descriptions, here is my Sabres concept. I think it is probably pretty close.

qqqyox.jpg

Great job. Seriously. I'm not a graphic designer, so I marvel at the work you do. Maybe it's quite easy. Dunno. Either way. Kudos. And I think you're probably not that far off.

Update from my previous post it looks like the Sabres Road has leaked as well.

newroad.jpg

And details of the alt seen before:

newalt2.jpg

Don't like the silver on the white uniform. Takes away too much of the blue. It works on the dark uniform because it is 3 yellow stripes, but not on the white.

Well, whoever's about to get fired from the Sabres really should have held onto their job, if only so they could afford a phone with a better camera.

And I seem to recall in the past that semi-blurry phonecam pics ended up being Photoshop jobs, but I'm tending to believe this pair, if only because the Sabres' soon-to-be-home jersey got leaked in a similar fashion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The new alternate looks great...from the front. The back still sounds like a trainwreck (yellow nameplate with blue font, weird numbers). If they remove some of the obnoxious stuff from the back, it'd make a cool permanent alternate.

The new road jersey looks good too, but I wish we had some more yellow in there.

If they had done this in 2006, everyone would have been happy.

Update from my previous post it looks like the Sabres Road has leaked as well.

newroad.jpg

And details of the alt seen before:

newalt2.jpg

Don't like the silver on the white uniform. Takes away too much of the blue. It works on the dark uniform because it is 3 yellow stripes, but not on the white.

The away would be pretty good sans the underarm piping... Not a huge fan of the third w/ the wordmark, but its not ungodly or anything.

Archived